Bee Movie is a 2007 Golden Globe-nominated computer animated film starring Darla K. Anderson, PAW Patroll, Matthew Broderick, Megan Mullally, John Goodman, Chris Rock, Kathy Bates, and Patrick Warburton. Produced by DreamWorks Animation and Pacific Data Images, it is directed by Simon J. Smith and Steve Hickner. Its title is a play on the term "B movie".
- According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way that a bee should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground. The bee, of course, flies anyways. Because bees don't care what humans think is impossible.
Cite error: Invalid
refs with no name must have content
ha ha ha ha ha ha
- Barry why don't you use the stairs? Your father paid good money for those.
- Barry I told you, stop flying in the house!
- I wish he would always dress like that, it's so nice.
- Wave to us! We'll be in row 118,000.
- Why is yogurt night so difficult?!
- And for your information, I prefer sugar-free Artificial-Sweeteners, made by man!
- I've got issues!
- Ugh! That bee is living my life!
- When will this nightmare end?!
- Barry: 3 days of grade school, 3 days of high school…
- Adam: Those were so awkward.
- Barry: 3 days of college…? I'm glad I took that one day off in the middle and just hiked around the hive.
- Adam: You did come back different.
- Buzzwell: Welcome, New Hive City graduating class of 9:15. And that concludes our graduation ceremonies.
- Barry: Yay!
- Buzzwell: And begins your career at Honex Industries!
- Adam: Hey, did you hear about Frankie?
- Barry: Yeah.
- Adam: You going to his funeral?
- Barry: No, I'm not going to his funeral. Everybody knows you sting someone, you die. You don't waste it on a squirrel. He was such a hothead.
- Adam: Yeah, I guess he could've just gotten out of the way.
- Martin: Our son, the stirrer.
- Janet: [extremely happy] You're gonna be a stirrer?
- Barry: Nobody's listening to me!
- Martin: Wait'll you see the sticks I have for you.
- Barry: I can say anything I want right now. I'm gonna get an ant tattoo!
- Janet: [ignores Barry] Let's open up some fresh honey and celebrate!
- Barry: Maybe I'll pierce my thorax. Shave my antennae. Shack it up with a grasshopper. Get a gold tooth, and start calling everybody "dawg"!
- Martin: We're still here, Barry.
- Janet: I told you not to yell at him. He doesn't have responsibility when you yell at him.
- Martin: Then why are you yelling at me?
- Janet: Because you don't listen!
- Martin: Argh, I'm not listening to this.
- [The Archies: Sugar, Sugar]
- Vanessa: You coming? All set! Watch this!
- Radio: From NPR news in Washington, I'm Carl Kasell.
- Man 1: You hear something?
- Man 2: Like what?
- Man 1: Like tiny screaming.
- Man 2: Turn off the radio.
- Announcer: Hive at 5, the hive's only full-hour action news source.
- Bees: No more bee beards!
- Announcer: With Bob Bumble at the Anchor Desk, weather with Storm Stinger, sports with Buzz Larvi, and Jeanette Chung.
- Vanessa: My only interest is flowers.
- Barry: Our new queen was just elected with that same campaign slogan.
- Vanessa: Oh, you poor thing. You 2 have been at this for hours!
- Barry: [sarcastically] Yes, and Adam here has a been a huge help. [Adam asleep in an empty Cinnabon box]
- Mr. Montgomery: Mr. Benson Bee, I'm going to ask what I think the entire court here would like to know... what exactly is your relationship to that woman? [Vanessa gasps]
- Barry: We're friends.
- Mr. Montgomery: Good friends?
- Barry: Yes.
- Mr. Montgomery: How good?
- Barry: Now, hang on–
- Mr. Montgomery: Do you live together?
- Barry: Wait, that's not–
- Mr. Montgomery: Are you her little... bedbug?
- Vanessa: It's very hard to concentrate with that panicky tone in your voice!
- Barry: It's not a tone. I'm panicking!
- Barry: So what do you say, are we gonna be bees or just Museum of Natural History keychains?
- Bees: We're bees!
- Random bee: Keychain!
- Barry: Then everyone follow me... except Keychain!
- Pollen Jock: Hold on Barry, you earned this. [places a pollen jock jacket on Barry and the 3 pollen jocks cheer while Vanessa gives him a thumbs up]
- Barry: I'm a pollen jock, and its a perfect fit. All I gotta do are the sleeves! [the pollen jocks toss Barry a nectar pack]
- Barry: Oh, yeah! [flies off with the pollen jocks]
- Janet: [proudly] That's our Barry! [Martin nods proudly in agreement]
- Barry: How about a suicide pact?
- Vanessa: How would we do it?
- Barry: I'll sting you, you step on me.
- Vanessa: That just kills you twice.
- Giraffe: Action figures, dolls, video games! It's all me! And they pasted my picture on every toy store! Everybody knows my kind are plant eaters, but I'd rather live on ants!
- Barry: I have no idea.
- Giraffe: You're not another lawyer too, are you?
- Mooseblood: Sir, I was already was a bloodsucking parasite. All I needed was a briefcase.
DreamWorks Animaton Video Jukebox
- Shrek: I'm an ogre. You know. "Grab your torch and pitchforks."
- Puss In Boots: Isn't we supposed to be having a fiesta?
- Oscar: Let's get this party bump, bump, bumpin'.
- King Julien: I like to move it, move it, you like to move it!
- RJ: This way to the food!
- Roddy: Music, maestro!
- Donkey: It's spicy!
- Daphne Klyde as Maya Manson
- Renee Zellweger as Vanessa Bloome
- Kodi Smit McPhee as Willi Winters
- Sting as Sting the Hornet
- Patrick Warburton as Ken
- Kathy Bates as Janet B. Benson
- Barry Levinson as Martin B. Benson
- John Goodman as Layton T. Montgomery
- Megan Mullally as Trudy
- Rip Torn as Lou Lo Duca and the Pollen Jocks General
- Oprah Winfrey as Judge Bumbleton
- Michael Richards as Bud Ditchwater
- Larry King as Bee Larry King
- Larry Miller as Dean Buzzwell
- Jim Cummings as Title Narrator and Graduation Announcer
- Brian Hopkins as Sandy Shrimpkin and TSA Agent
- John DiMaggio as Bailiff
- Tress MacNeille as Jeanette Chung, Mother
- Wayne Knight as Giraffe (deleted scene)
- Simon J. Smith as Truck Driver and Chet
- Robert Jayne as Bee (uncredited)
- Ray Liotta as Himself
- Sting as Himself
- Carl Kasell as Himself (uncredited)