Book of Proverbs
- 1 Proverbs 1, New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures, King James Version
- 2 Proverbs 2, New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures
- 3 Proverbs 5, New International Version
- 4 Proverbs 3
- 5 Proverbs 4
- 6 Proverbs 6
- 7 Proverbs 8
- 8 Proverbs 10
- 9 Proverbs 12
- 10 Proverbs 14, King James Version, New World Translation
- 11 Proverbs 15 New American Bible, New World Translation
- 12 Proverbs 16
- 13 Proverbs 17
- 14 Proverbs 18
- 15 Proverbs 21, King James Version
- 16 Proverbs 21, NWT
- 17 Proverbs 22, NWT
- 18 Proverbs 23:23
- 19 Proverbs 24, American Standard Version
- 20 Proverbs 24, New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures
- 21 Proverbs 25, American Standard Version
- 22 Proverbs 25, New World Translation
- 23 Proverbs 26, King James Version
- 24 Proverbs 27, New International Version
- 25 Proverbs 28:9
- 26 Proverbs 31, King James Version
- 27 See also
- 28 External links
New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures: 1 The proverbs of Sol´o·mon the son of David, the king of Israel, 2 for one to know wisdom and discipline, to discern the sayings of understanding, 3 to receive the discipline that gives insight, righteousness and judgment and uprightness, 4 to give to the inexperienced ones shrewdness, to a young man knowledge and thinking ability.
King James Version: 7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
10 My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not.
19So are the ways of every one that is greedy of gain; which taketh away the life of the owners thereof.
22 How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?
Proverbs 2, New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures
New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures: 20 The purpose is that you may walk in the way of good people and that the paths of the righteous ones you may keep. 21 For the upright are the ones that will reside in the earth, and the blameless are the ones that will be left over in it. 22 As regards the wicked, they will be cut off from the very earth; and as for the treacherous, they will be torn away from it.
Proverbs 5, New International Version
19 A loving doe, a graceful deer - may her breasts satisfy you always, may you be ever captivated by her Love.
3Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart.
7Be not wise in thine own eyes.
13Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding. For the merchandise of it is better than the merchandise of silver, and the gain thereof than fine gold. She is more precious than rubies: and all the things thou canst desire are not to be compared unto her.
31Envy thou not the oppressor, and choose none of his ways.
7With all thy getting get understanding.
6Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise:
- O ye simple, understand wisdom: and, ye fools, be ye of an understanding heart. Proverbs 11:5
- For wisdom is better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it. Proverbs 8:11
- For the one finding me will find life, And he receives approval from Jehovah. 36 But the one who ignores me harms himself, And those who hate me love death.” 8ː35-36
- In the multitude of words there wanteth not sin: but he that refraineth his lips is wise. Proverbs 10:19
- Lying lips are abomination to the LORD: but they that deal truly are his delight. Proverbs 12:22
Proverbs 14, King James Version, New World Translation
- 1 Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands.
- 15 The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.
- 30 A calm heart is the life of the fleshly organism, but jealousy is rottenness to the bones.
- 34 Righteousness exalteth a nation.
Proverbs 15 New American Bible, New World Translation
- 1 An answer, when mild, turns away rage, but a word causing pain makes anger to come up.
- 16 Better a little with fear of the LORD than a great fortune with anxiety.
- Plans fail when there is no consultation,
- But there is accomplishment through many advisers. Proverbs 15:22
- In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps. (NIV)
- Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established.
- 16:3 (KJV)
- Variant translation: Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. (NIV)
1Better is a dry morsel, and quietness therewith, than a house full of feasting with strife.
24A discerning man keeps wisdom in view, but a fool’s eyes wander to the ends of the earth.
- He also that is slothful in his work is brother to him that is a great waster. Proverbs 18:9
Proverbs 21, King James Version
19 It is better to dwell in the wilderness than with a contentious and an angry woman.
- He directs it wherever He pleases.
- The shrewd one sees the danger and conceals himself,
- But the inexperienced keep right on going and suffer the consequences.
- Buy the truth, and sell it not; also wisdom, and instruction, and understanding
אמת קנה ואל־תמכר חכמה ומוסר ובינה׃
Proverbs 24, American Standard Version
5 A wise man is strong, And a man of knowledge increases power. כי בתחבלות תעשה־לך מלחמה ותשועה ברב יועץ׃
6 For by wise guidance you wage your war; and victory is in many advisors.
Proverbs 24, New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures
If you say, “But we did not know about this,” Does not the One who examines hearts discern it? Yes, the One who watches you will know And will repay each man according to his activity. My son, eat honey, because it is good; Honey from the comb is sweet to the taste. Likewise, know that wisdom is good for you. If you find it, you will have a future And your hope will not be cut off.
Proverbs 25, American Standard Version
21 If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat;
And if he is thirsty, give him water to drink;
22 For you will heap burning coals on his head,
And the Lord will reward you.
Proverbs 25, New World Translation
Proverbs 26, King James Version
27 He that diggeth a pit, shall fall
Proverbs 27, New International Version
17 As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another ברזל בברזל יחד ואיש יחד פני־רעהו׃
- God detests the prayers of a person who ignores the law. (NIV translation 2007)
Proverbs 31, King James Version
8 Open thy mouth for the dumb in the cause of all such as are appointed to destruction.
10 Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.
30 Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised.
- Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
- Lemuel, King of Massa: Proverbs 31:30
|Genesis • Exodus • Leviticus • Numbers • Deuteronomy • Joshua • Judges • Ruth • 1 Samuel • 2 Samuel • 1 Kings • 2 Kings • 1 Chronicles • 2 Chronicles • Ezra • Nehemiah • Esther • Job • Psalms • Proverbs • Ecclesiastes • Song of Solomon • Isaiah • Jeremiah • Lamentations • Ezekiel • Daniel • Hosea • Joel • Amos • Obadiah • Jonah • Micah • Nahum • Habakkuk • Zephaniah • Haggai • Zechariah • Malachi|
|Esdras • Tobit • Judith • Additions to Esther • Wisdom of Solomon • Susanna • Baruch • Additions to Daniel • Prayer of Manassheh • 1 Maccabees • 2 Maccabees|
|Matthew • Mark • Luke • John • Acts • Romans • 1 Corinthians • 2 Corinthians • Galatians • Ephesians • Philippians • Colossians • 1 Thessalonians • 2 Thessalonians • 1 Timothy • 2 Timothy • Titus • Philemon • Hebrews • James • 1 Peter • 2 Peter • 1 John • 2 John • 3 John • Jude • Revelation|