Jump to navigation Jump to search
Billy Simmonds (born 21 November 1980) is an Australian entrepreneur, martial artist, bodybuilder, performer and winner of the 2009 INBA Mr. Universe title.
- I laugh at the drug tests. I don’t even eat meat.
- "Sculptured by Weights and a Strict Vegan Diet", The New York Times (4 January 2012).
- Vegan Bodybuilding is not only possible, it’s optimal. Within three years from first lifting weights properly and walking on a Bodybuilding stage as a novice, I had won Mr. Universe and become a Pro Bodybuilder. Steroids? Meat? Not a chance.
- Interview with Living Vegan magazine (Autumn 2012); quoted in "Billy Simmonds", Not Your Typical TreeHugger.
- As a teenager I started to learn about what was on my plate – where it came from and what it was doing to my body. I became vegetarian then later on vegan. … Each and every person who decides to be vegan makes a massive difference. From literally saving animals from suffering and death, to improving their health and the environmental benefits – being vegan means seeing the bigger picture and saying I'm going to do what I can and take a stand. … I'm motivated by being the best example I can of what can be achieved physically and ethically. I strive to excel in what I love doing and don't believe in the idea that I can't be strong and muscular because I'm vegan, that I can't be fast or flexible because I'm a bodybuilder, and that one person can't make a difference.
- "Interview with Billy Simmonds: Vegan Body Builder", Viva La Vegan! (2016).