Blood and Wine
Blood and Wine is a 1996 neo-noir thriller film directed by Bob Rafelson from a screenplay written by Nick Villiers and Alison Cross. It stars Jack Nicholson, Stephen Dorff, Jennifer Lopez, Judy Davis and Michael Caine. Rafelson has stated that the film forms the final part of his unofficial trilogy with Nicholson, with whom he made Five Easy Pieces and The King of Marvin Gardens in the 1970s.
- Victor: There's no such thing as honor among theives. It's a myth.
- Alex: I've got an idea. Why don't you sit down at your desk and write down all your complaints, and when I come back, we can have one of those long arguments you like so much.
- Jason: You don't look like a maid.
- Gabby: I'm not, I'm the nanny. Do I look like a nanny?
- Jason: No.
- Gabby: [flirting in broken English] I never seen anybody to fish in the grass before.
- Alex: Frank ever come on to you?
- Gabby: He have a beautiful wife.
- Alex: Oh. *She* ever come on to you?
- Gabby: So where are we going?
- Jason: Ah, we got about 4 hours to Cuba.
- Gabby: Oh really. It took me a week - 15 of us on a very small boat.
- Jason: I can turned around if you want.
- Gabby: No, it's okay. I like the water. Even when we were coming over, the sea was so beautiful. I never wanted to sleep, I was happy. I was ashamed to be so happy. People were dying.
- Alex: What is that, some sort of Latin concept, killing the one you love?
- Gabby: What are you doing here?
- Jason: I came to see the cats.
- Henry: The only fish I want to see is on a plate with a piece of lemon.
- [last lines]
- Jason: You need to hurry.
- Victor: This is not an ocean front suite, in Marbella. Did you notice that?
- Victor: There's no
- Victor: There are no flowers or champagne from the management. I don't, I don't see a Swiss *chocolate* on my pillow.
- Victor: My *masseuse* is not at the door.
- Victor: [wheezing]
- [long pause]
- Victor: And I am, **fucking** **dying**, Alex!
- Alex: Take it easy, Vic.
- There is no honour amongst thieves.
- Jack Nicholson - Alex Gates
- Stephen Dorff - Jason
- Jennifer Lopez - Gabriela "Gabby"
- Judy Davis - Suzanne Gates
- Michael Caine - Victor "Vic" Spansky
- Harold Perrineau Jr. - Henry
- Robyn Peterson - Dina Reese
- Mike Starr - Mike
- John Seitz - Mr. Frank Reese
- Marc Macaulay - Guard
- Dan Daily - Todd
- Marta Velasco - Gabriela's Cousin