Jump to navigation Jump to search
Sir Michael Caine CBE (born Maurice Joseph Micklewhite; 14 March 1933) is an English actor. Known for his Cockney accent, he has appeared in more than 160 films in a career spanning seven decades and is considered a British film icon. He has received many awards including two Academy Awards, a BAFTA, three Golden Globe Awards, and a Screen Actors Guild Award. As of 2017, the films in which Caine has appeared have grossed over $7.8 billion worldwide. Caine is one of only five male actors to be nominated for an Academy Award for acting in five different decades. In 2000, he received a BAFTA Fellowship and was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II for his contribution to cinema.
|This article about an actor is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- My worst roles have been in movies I made solely for the money — like Jaws – The Revenge.
I was offered a small part in a fourth of the 'big shark' movies at a tremendous fee, and I took it.
I have never seen the film, but by all accounts, it was terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built, and it's terrific.
- Interview in Cosmopolitan, cited in ""Performers recall the worst parts they ever played"" The Salina Journal (Kansas, December 4, 1994), p.16
- Syndicated article from the Associated Press.
- I was named after my father and I was knighted in his name because I love my father. I always kept my real name - I'm a very private and family-orientated person.
- "My name is Sir Maurice" or "My name is Sir Michael"?
- I'm both, but I will use Sir Michael Caine.
- "My name is still Michael Caine, says man dubbed 'Sir Maurice'"The Independent (17 November 2000)
- Explaining why he was knighted under his real name as Sir Maurice Micklewhite CBE.