Bones (season 12)
Bones (2005–2017) is a crime drama television series on the FOX Network, inspired by real-life forensic anthropologist and novelist, Kathy Reichs. Forensic anthropologist Dr. Temperance 'Bones' Brennan specializes in reading clues left behind in a victim's bones. Consequently, law enforcement calls her in to assist with murder investigations when the remains are so badly decomposed, burned, or destroyed that the standard identification methods are useless.
Season 12: The Final Chapter
The Hope in the Horror [12.1]
The Brain in the Bot [12.2]
- Hodgins: If I've learned anything from being in this chair it's that happiness comes from accepting what you have.
- Brennan: That is one of the many benefits of growing older, we grow wiser in the process.
The New Tricks in the Old Dogs [12.3]
- Booth: What is with the breath coming through the back right now? It smells like death warmed over almost like a toxic blast of camel butt.
- Aubrey: [looks offended] Wow. This is a black kale chia smoothie.
- Booth: Why? Why are you drinking that? Did you lose a bet or something?
- Brennan: Do you have an infected lesion?
- Booth: What? Why would you even ask that?
- Brennan: Well, black kale is high in vitamin K and antioxidants, both of which promote healing.
- Aubrey: Jessica just thought maybe it'd be a good idea if I went on a junk food cleanse.
- Booth: Go back to the donuts because that just smells like monkey ass.
- Booth: I'm a sniper, you hear me, and snipers, they do not fire blanks.
- Brennan: And in that analogy, my ovaries are what, target practice?
- Brennan: Booth, I found something.
- Booth: She found something.
- Francis: Oh, my Is this where he died?
- Booth: No, this is where he went to heaven.
- Brennan: My husband is euphemistically referring to sex. By the sheer quantity––
- Booth: [interrupts] You're gonna need a new cleaning service. So who was Mr. Felbeck seeing?
- Brennan: By seeing, he means in-intercourse.
- Brennan: Angela, is this one of the computers from the retirement home?
- Angela: Yeah. And you won't believe what I'm finding.
- Brennan: I assume you're referring to pornographic material?
- Angela: Enough to make a teenage boy blush. You'd think at a certain age enough would be enough.
- Brennan: Not for the male of the species. They are biologically programmed to keep wanting sexual gratification. Which is why I told Booth he needs to get a vasectomy.
- Aubrey: Unlike Booth, I am an equal opportunity accuser. See, I don't care about sex, age...just motive and opportunity.
The Price for the Past [12.4]
- Caroline: I hear Aldo was in rough shape. What was going on with him?
- Booth: I don't know, Caroline. I hadn't spoken to him for over a year.
- Caroline: If I know you, you tried.
- Booth: You know what? I'm not gonna let myself off the hook on this one, all right? Anytime I needed anything, anything, Aldo was always there for me.
- Caroline: I'm sure that goes for the other men in your unit, too.
- Booth: What does that mean?
- Caroline: He took on all their troubles.
- Brennan: Moving forward, there is only one thing you can do for Aldo.
- Booth: Look, if you're gonna tell me to forgive myself, please don't.
- Brennan: Forgiveness would be ineffective.
- Booth: Okay then, what? I mean, what works?
- Brennan: Revenge.
- Booth: That's not me. I mean, there are rules.
- Brennan: You will follow those rules. The act of bringing a murderer to justice is, anthropologically speaking, a form of revenge. You have suffered a loss. Making the killer suffer for that loss will help.
- Booth: Yeah, well, I hope so, Bones. Because right now I couldn't feel much worse.
- Brennan: It didn't go well with the men?
- Booth: These guys saw hell. You know, most of them are still paying the price.
- Brennan: You feel the effects of war, too, Booth.
- Booth: Yeah. Yeah, but I got lucky. I got a great family and great life. Got all this.
- Brennan: You're an addict, just like Aldo.
- Booth: Yeah.
- Brennan: Unlike him, you got help.
- Booth: Yeah. But you're in my corner. That's the difference. Aldo had no one.
- Aubrey: Look, there's something else that I've been thinking about. I want you to know that I'm not him [his father].
- Jessica: Uh, I know that, Aubrey.
- Aubrey: [chuckles nervously] He left his wife, he left me. You know, I would-- I would never ever do that.
- Jessica: What are you saying?
- Aubrey: I'm saying that when I commit to something, it's real. That I'm serious about us. [looks at Jessica staring at him] Did I say the wrong thing?
- Jessica: No. Of course not, Aubrey...but there's a lot going on...
- Aubrey: I know. And when it's all taken care of, I'm gonna feel the same way.
The Tutor in the Tussle [12.5]
- Fisher: Cartoons upset me as a child.
- Hodgins: More of an Addams Family kid?
- Fisher: Twilight Zone reruns actually.
- Cam: Everything about you makes more sense now.
- Booth: You know, my old man, he was a piece of work.
- Aubrey: Yeah, he drank, right?
- Booth: Yeah. He drank, and he beat the crap out of me and my brother, till Pops took us in.
- Aubrey: I guess neither one of us drew very well in the fatherhood lottery.
- Booth: Well, you know, with my dad, he died a while back. I never got a chance to really confront him. Tell him how I really feel, you know, man-to-man.
- Aubrey: [to his father] Don't ever take credit for how I turned out, okay? Any good in me was despite having you as a father.
The Flaw in the Saw [12.6]
The Scare in the Score [12.7]
The Grief and the Girl [12.8]
The Steal in the Wheels [12.9]
- [Dr. Gordon Wyatt visits Booth's office with a plate of petit fours and notices Aubrey looking at it.]
- Dr. Wyatt: Agent Aubrey, if you were to yield to your desire, rather than fight it, I think you might be able to return to the matter in hand.
- Aubrey: Is it that obvious?
- Booth: You're drooling like a Great Dane. I'll take that. [Aubrey reaches out to the plate to take a petit four] They're for me.
- Dr. Wyatt: Please, gentlemen, don't fight over them. There are plenty to go 'round.
- Aubrey: [looks defiantly at Booth] Plenty.
- Dr. Wyatt: Share. Good children share, don't they?
- Dr. Wyatt: [while helping Angela profile a suspect] I haven't had this much excitement since my last baked Alaska fiasco.
- Angela: Well, it looks like a junker, like it's just a bunch of mismatched parts.
- Cam: Like Frankenstein's monster, but the car version.
The Radioactive Panthers in the Party [12.10]
- Aubrey: [after Booth makes him lead on the case] Wow, thank you, Booth. So does this mean that, like, I'm your boss now?
- Booth: Listen, Aubrey, if you have to ask if you're my boss, you're not my boss.
- Linda Martin: Ronny is a creative guy, full of all these wild ideas. And after directing all the Snoozeland commercials, he decided he was ready for the real thing.
- Aubrey: A real commercial?
- Linda: Movie. Said he was gonna be the next Gordon Welles.
- Aubrey: Orson Welles?
- Linda: Sure. Whatever, I don't know about any of that stuff. All I know is: Ronny wrote himself a story, took a leave of absence from work and went off to make his movie.
- Aubrey: Huh.
- Linda: This movie was all Ronny could think about. It was going to be his Citizen Crane.
- Cam: Geez, Hodgins. You cannot just roll up on me like that.
- Hodgins: I'm in a wheelchair, Cam. I have no choice but to roll up on you.
- [Booth and Aubrey visit a set where a commercial is being filmed]
- Booth: The one thing I learned about these guys, these creative types, they're definitely a breed of their own.
- Aubrey: Oh, dear God, this is like spring break on bath salts.
- Kirby: You guys are with "F.B.I"? I haven't heard of them. Are they new?
- Booth: [deadpan] You haven't heard of the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
- Kirby: Oh, that FBI. (laughs) Bummer. I thought you guys were, like, Hollywood agents. Real agents.
- Aubrey: We are real agents. Investigating a real murder.
- Aubrey: I thought that I was supposed to be lead on the case, here.
- Booth: I'm just trying to help.
- Aubrey: Appreciate that, but you keep telling me where to go, what leads to follow, wouldn't even let me drive to the movie location.
- Booth: You're like a turtle behind the wheel. You're like−−
- Aubrey: What?
- Booth: [grits his teeth in frustration] A turtle. We would've still been in the parking lot if you were driving, Aubrey.
- Aubrey: We would've got there. That's my point. You know, you got to let me work my own pace, here.
- Booth: Fine.
- Brennan: How important do you think it is for us to love what we do?
- Angela: Uh, well, it, it's important, but it's not everything. Most people don't love their jobs. They don't even like them. They do them because they have to.
- Brennan: What if they didn't have to?
- Angela: If you can afford to leave an unfulfilling job, why wouldn't you?
The Day in the Life [12.11]
- Hodgins: What can I get you, lovely lady? What do you have? We've got the Saroyan Sling, the Arast-ini, the Pookie Noodlin'...
- Angela: You did not name a drink the Pookie Noodlin'.
- Hodgins: All right, it's not on the menu, but I'll whip you up one special.
- Hodgins: Zack, you sure you want to represent yourself? I mean, we can request a continuance.
- Zack: No, I've had many years to study courtroom procedure. I am ready.
- Brennan: Zack will be fine. Besides, the opposing lawyer is––
- [Caroline suddenly appears in front of them.]
- Caroline: Is a fierce vision by the name of Caroline Julian? Is that what you were going to say, Cher? [glares at Brennan]
- Brennan: No.
The End in the End [12.12]
- Aubrey: I just got word from the team that went after Kovac.
- Caroline: Please tell me that son of a bitch is either dead or in custody. And if I have a choice, I choose dead.
- Brennan: If the thing that made me me is gone who am I?
- Booth: You're the woman I love. You're the one who kissed me outside of a pool house when it was pouring rain. You took me to shoot Tommy guns on Valentine's Day. That's who you are. You're the one who proposed to me with a stick of beef jerky in her hand, even though you're a vegetarian. You're the Roxie to my Tony, and the Wanda to my Buck. Who else is gonna sing "Hot Blooded" with me? Hmm? And besides we're way better than Mulder and Scully.
- Brennan: I don't know what that means.
- Booth: I don't care if you know about the bones or if we know how to solve crimes. All I know is that I want to spend the rest of my life with you. This is you. Temperance Brennan. You. You're my partner. Don't forget that.
- Angela: New equipment? Whoa. Seriously? What exhibit did you guys steal this from?
- Cam: No. Actually, it was all donated from the biochem department at Georgetown. They came calling almost immediately after the bomb went off.
- Hodgins: [grins] Squints of the world unite, baby.
- Caroline: You almost went and got yourself killed, again. When are you ever gonna stop doing that?
- Booth: Probably never.
- Caroline: You and your damn sense of duty. Do you have any idea how stressful it is for me to have such a brave friend?
- Aubrey: Well, you know the saying. Once a Ranger, always a Ranger.
- Booth: That's not the Ranger slogan, Aubrey.
- Aubrey: Oh. I'm thinking of Power Rangers.
- Hodgins: [after learning that Cam made him interim director while she is on sabbatical] Wait a minute, I'm the king of the lab? I'm the king of the lab!!!