Bones (season 12)
Bones (2005–2017) is a crime drama television series on the FOX Network, inspired by real-life forensic anthropologist and novelist, Kathy Reichs. Forensic anthropologist Dr. Temperance 'Bones' Brennan specializes in reading clues left behind in a victim's bones. Consequently, law enforcement calls her in to assist with murder investigations when the remains are so badly decomposed, burned, or destroyed that the standard identification methods are useless.
Season 12: The Final Chapter
The Hope in the Horror [12.1]
The Brain in the Bot [12.2]
- Hodgins: If I've learned anything from being in this chair it's that happiness comes from accepting what you have.
- Brennan: That is one of the many benefits of growing older, we grow wiser in the process.
The New Tricks in the Old Dogs [12.3]
- Booth: I'm a sniper, you hear me, and snipers, they do not fire blanks.
- Brennan: And in that analogy, my ovaries are what, target practice?
- Brennan: Angela, is this one of the computers from the retirement home?
- Angela: Yeah. And you won't believe what I'm finding.
- Brennan: I assume you're referring to pornographic material?
- Angela: Enough to make a teenage boy blush. You'd think at a certain age enough would be enough.
- Brennan: Not for the male of the species. They are biologically programmed to keep wanting sexual gratification. Which is why I told Booth he needs to get a vasectomy.
- Aubrey: Unlike Booth, I am an equal opportunity accuser. See, I don't care about sex, age...just motive and opportunity.
The Price for the Past [12.4]
- Caroline: I hear Aldo was in rough shape. What was going on with him?
- Booth: I don't know, Caroline. I hadn't spoken to him for over a year.
- Caroline: If I know you, you tried.
- Booth: You know what? I'm not gonna let myself off the hook on this one, all right? Anytime I needed anything, anything, Aldo was always there for me.
- Caroline: I'm sure that goes for the other men in your unit, too.
- Booth: What does that mean?
- Caroline: He took on all their troubles.
- Brennan: Moving forward, there is only one thing you can do for Aldo.
- Booth: Look, if you're gonna tell me to forgive myself, please don't.
- Brennan: Forgiveness would be ineffective.
- Booth: Okay then, what? I mean, what works?
- Brennan: Revenge.
- Booth: That's not me. I mean, there are rules.
- Brennan: You will follow those rules. The act of bringing a murderer to justice is, anthropologically speaking, a form of revenge. You have suffered a loss. Making the killer suffer for that loss will help.
- Booth: Yeah, well, I hope so, Bones. Because right now I couldn't feel much worse.
- Brennan: It didn't go well with the men?
- Booth: These guys saw hell. You know, most of them are still paying the price.
- Brennan: You feel the effects of war, too, Booth.
- Booth: Yeah. Yeah, but I got lucky. I got a great family and great life. Got all this.
- Brennan: You're an addict, just like Aldo.
- Booth: Yeah.
- Brennan: Unlike him, you got help.
- Booth: Yeah. But you're in my corner. That's the difference. Aldo had no one.
- Aubrey: Look, there's something else that I've been thinking about. I want you to know that I'm not him [his father].
- Jessica: Uh, I know that, Aubrey.
- Aubrey: [chuckles nervously] He left his wife, he left me. You know, I would-- I would never ever do that.
- Jessica: What are you saying?
- Aubrey: I'm saying that when I commit to something, it's real. That I'm serious about us. [looks at Jessica staring at him] Did I say the wrong thing?
- Jessica: No. Of course not, Aubrey...but there's a lot going on...
- Aubrey: I know. And when it's all taken care of, I'm gonna feel the same way.
The Tutor in the Tussle [12.5]
- Fisher: Cartoons upset me as a child.
- Hodgins: More of an Addams Family kid?
- Fisher: Twilight Zone reruns actually.
- Cam: Everything about you makes more sense now.