Jump to navigation Jump to search
Boundin is a 2003 Pixar computer-animated short film, which was shown in theaters before the feature-length film The Incredibles. The short is a musically narrated story about a dancing sheep, who loses his confidence after being sheared.
- Here's a story of how strange is life with its changes and it happened not long ago. On a high mountain plain where the sagebrush arranges, a playground south of the snow, lived a lamb with a coat of remarkable sheen. It'd glint in the sunlight all sparkly and clean. Such a source of great pride, that it caused him to preen and he'd break out in high-stepping dance. He would dance for his neighbors across the way. I must say they found his dancing enhancing and they, too, would join in the play. Then one day... [The sheep shearers' truck pulls up, picked up the lamb, sheers him, and drops him on the ground in the rain while the gophers laugh at him]
- Then a-boundin' up the slope came a great American jackalope. This sage of the sage, this rare hare of hope, caused to pause and check out the lamb.
- So every year, along about May, they'd load him up and they'd haul him away and they'd shave him and dump him all naked and bare. But he learned to live with it. He didn't care. He just bounds, bounds! Bounds and rebounds! Now in this world of ups and downs, so nice to know there are jackalopes around.
- Jackalope: Hey, kid. Why the mope?
- Lamb: I used to be somethin', all covered in fluff and I'd dance in the sunlight and show off my stuff! Then they hauled me away in a manner quite rough and they sheared me and dumped me back here in the buff! And if that's not enough, now my friends all laugh at me 'cause they think I look ridiculous, funny, and pink!
- Jackalope: Pink? Pink?! Well, what's wrong with pink? Seems like you got a pink kink in your think! Does it matter what color? Well, that gets nope. Be it pink, purple, or heliotrope. Now sometimes you're up and sometimes you're down. When you find that you're down, well, just look around. You still got a body, good legs and fine feet. Get your head in the right place and hey! You're complete! Now as for the dancin', you can do more! You can reach great heights! In fact, you can soar! You just get a leg up and you slap it on down and you find you're up in what's called a bound! Bound, bound and rebound! Bound and you're up right next to the sky! And I think you can do it if you give it a try. First get a leg up, slap it on down... [Picks up the lamb's leg, throws it on the ground, and the lamb bounces around, the rattlesnake rattling his tail, the gophers and the burrowing owl jumping out of its burrows. By winter, the lamb’s wool grows back]
- Bud Luckey as Narrator, Sheep and Jackalope.