Brand New Congress
Brand New Congress is an American political action committee formed by former staffers and supporters of the 2016 Bernie Sanders presidential campaign to elect hundreds of new congressional representatives in line with the campaign's political platform.
|This article about politics is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- ...$5B for a scam wall that won't work while federal employees work for free to clean up a mess created by our addiction to fossil fuels.
- Twitter post (3 January 2019)
- Over 1.6 million votes were cast for @BrandNew535 candidates this year. With every single odd stacked against us, we still made huge progress. We are not going anywhere. The fight for the soul of our nation has already begun.
- Twitter post (10 Nov 2018)
Quotes about Brand New Congress
- Ocasio-Cortez was seeking a “first-person idea of what was going on” in America... she got a call from the executive director of a group called Brand New Congress, a project recently launched by a group of progressive organizers, mostly fellow backers of Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, who were frustrated with the party’s entrenched establishment and wanted to train a slate of primary candidates. Would she have any interest in running for Congress?
- ...To the party’s leadership, Tuesday was a wake-up call; to the the party’s left flank, it was validation of the tactics and messaging they’ve been pushing for months. Start with Brand New Congress. Ocasio-Cortez is the first candidate backed by the organization to unseat an incumbent, which, after all, is the group’s stated aim. The organization, which has backed 26 House and Senate candidates in 2018, was an important incubator during the early phase of her campaign. She attended trainings with the group... and...was in constant contact with other candidates... sharing talking points about issues like Black Lives Matter or pension reform and exchanging best practices for door-knocking.
- Some of his Bernie Sanders former staff and volunteers have formed a political action committee dedicated to giving the senator “the ability to make real change from the White House.” Brand New Congress, which was launched Monday, is looking ahead to the 2018 midterm elections to “replace Congress all at once” with lawmakers who agree with the Vermont independent’s policy positions. The PAC won’t be able to fully accomplish that goal in 2018, however, since just 468 of the 535 lawmakers in the House and Senate will be up for re-election.
- HuffingtonPost in [https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/bernie-sanders-congress_us_5720e608e4b0b49df6a9c933 Former Bernie Sanders Staffers Seek To Elect A ‘Brand New Congress’ (27 April 2016)