Breaking Bad (2008–2013) was a critically acclaimed American AMC drama about a 50-year-old high school chemistry teacher, Walter White, (played by Bryan Cranston) who discovers that he has terminal lung cancer. Walter decides to use his extensive knowledge of chemistry to enter the drug trade and produce crystal methamphetamine, using the profits to provide for his family after his death. The term to "break bad" is American Southeast slang meaning to turn against one's previously lawful lifestyle for one of criminal acts, usually at the cost of someone else's life or well-being.
- Bryan Cranston - Walter White
- Anna Gunn - Skyler White
- Aaron Paul - Jesse Pinkman
- Dean Norris - Hank Schrader
- Betsy Brandt - Marie Schrader
- RJ Mitte - Walter White, Jr.
- Bob Odenkirk - Saul Goodman
- Giancarlo Esposito - Gustavo "Gus" Fring
- Jonathan Banks - Mike Ehrmantraut