Brother Bear is a 2003 animated film from Walt Disney Pictures about an Inuit boy who pursues a bear in revenge for a battle that he provoked in which his oldest brother is killed. He tracks down the bear and kills it, but the Spirits, angered by this needless death, change the boy into a bear himself to gain perspective.
- [Scoffs] Spirits. Thanks for your wisdom.
- Koda... I did something very wrong.
- I'm not a beaver, I'm a bea-- no, I mean, I'm not a bear! I'm a MAN!
- Uhh! Enough with the stories! I don't care about-about the time you and Binky found, you know, the world's biggest pine cone ever!
- You wanna know what I did this year? [all the bears encourage him] Alright. I went on the longest, hardest, most exhausting journey I have ever been on with the biggest pain in the neck I have ever met! [Koda looks hurt] But hey. What else do you expect from a little brother? [noggies a happy Koda]
- [Singing] Tell everybody I'm on my way! New friends and new places to see! With blue skies ahead, yes, I'm on my way! And there's nowhere else that I'd rather be!
- My name's not Kid. It's Koda.
- I'm a ragin' ball of brown fur!
- I told you before, my name's Koda! Say it with me. "Ko-da!"
- I always wanted a brother.
Denahi/The Dark One
- No! This is who I am now! I want him to see me like this. I want him to know that he was the one who made me this way! [laughs maniacally]
- Thissss will End the war!
- You can't do this to me!
- Zane I thought you were dead
- Master Chen is Powerfull
- Your brother is gone. He was weak and foolish like his father, so I destroyed him.
- I'm being torn apart. I want to be free of this pain. I know what I have to do, but I don't know if I have the strength to do it. Will you help me?
- Only one can remain..
- Nothing Can stop.
- Yes yes Embrace the power.
- Arcturus what are you doing? We are on same team.
- I cant be cusrsed save me Skylar
- My name's Rutt. This is my brother Tuke.
- Oh, well, let's get a back seat or something! I mean, I look like you hunted me!
- (To Rutt) Hey, I can change...c'mon I can change...I CAN CHANGE!
- [To Kenai, who wants to trade totems.] There is no trading!
- (To Kenai) Love is the most precious of totems. It reveals itself in...unexpected ways. Let love guide your actions and one day, you'll be a man and will place your mark next to those of our ancestors.
- You left too soon, Sitka, your brothers need you guidance.
- The most interesting thing that happened to me this year...mmmm...Ooh! I know, I know, I know, listen to this. I would say I finally knocked down that tree that was blocking the view from my cave, now I have a family of chipmunks staying at my place.
- This year Karloff crush metal with my bare hands Karloff is powerfull.
- Oh am I I run to speed of light like supersonic speed
Pythor P Chumsworth
- Help you? The Ninja? A: You fed to the Devourer, B: defeated every army I've aligned with, C: even forced me to swallow your shrinking pill. Haven't you done enough damage to my diminishing ego? (Screams) Well-played. I suppose this is about that culturally insensitive noodle baron and his ilk that are now Anacondrai. Imposters, you ask me.
- I'm not going to say another word until you can figure out how to make me big. And don't ask me to trust a Ninja.
- Kenai: Yeah, I'll probably get, like, a sabretooth tiger for bravery, or strength, or greatness, you know, something that fits me...
- Denahi: How about a mammoth for your fat head? Just make sure you get that basket tied up.
- Kenai: Don't worry! No stupid bear's gonna get anywhere near this fish!
- Denahi: Just tie it up.
- Kenai: [Mockingly] "Just tie it up." [sticks his tongue at him]
- Kenai: Yeah... I guess the spirits messed up on both of our totems.
- Sitka: You know, I felt the same way when Tanana gave me mine.
- Kenai: Get out of here.
- Sitka: No, really. I said, The eagle of guidance? What does that mean?... But now that I'm older, I know it's about being a leader... and keeping an eye on you two.
- Kenai: ...I just want to get my hand print on that wall.
- Sitka: Just be patient, Kenai. When you live by your totem... you will.
- Kenai: Really?
- Sitka: Guarantee it.
- Koda: Skinny! Fat! Skinny! Fat!
- Kenai: Hey, I've got a mountain to get to. Come on, kid.
- Koda: I told you before. My name's Koda. Say it with me... KO-DA!
- Kenai: [Sarcastically] Are you sure your mom didn't ditch you, Ko-da? [Sticks his tongue out]
- Koda: Hmph.
- Kenai: Koda, there's... something I ought to... you know that story you told me last night?
- Koda: Yeah.
- Kenai: Well, I have a story to tell you.
- Koda: Really? What's it about?
- Kenai: Well, it's kind of about a man... and kind of about a bear. But mostly, it's about a monster.
- Koda: Mom says the spirits make all the magical changes in the world, like how the leaves change color, or how the moon changes shape, or tadpoles change into frogs...
- Kenai: Yeah, I get it. You know, for a change, maybe they could just leave things alone.
- Koda: What do you mean?
- Kenai: My brother's a spirit, and if it wasn't for him, I... I wouldn't be here.
- Koda: You have a brother up there? What happened to him?
- Kenai: He was killed by a bea-- by a monster.
- Koda: What's your brother's name?
- Kenai: Sitka.
- Koda: Thanks, Sitka. If it weren't for you, I would have never met Kenai. [Lays down and snuggles into the mammoth's tusks] I always wanted a brother.
- Kenai: Denahi!
- Denahi: A Bear I've been waiting for this day for a long time.
- Kenai: Take off that mask. You don't need it.
- Denahi: What do you think you'll see if I do?
- Kenai: The face of my son.
- Denahi: [removes his mask] Your son is gone. He was weak and foolish like his father, so I destroyed him.
- Kenai: That's what Chen wants you to believe, but it's not true. My son is alive.
- Denahi: No. The Master Chen is wise.
- Kenai: Chen is using you for your power. When he gets what he wants, he'll crush you. You know it's true.
- Denahi: It's too late.
- Kenai: No, it's not. Leave here with me. Come home. We miss you.
- Denahi: [Gradually pained] I'm being torn apart. I want to be free of this pain. I know what I have to do, but I don't know if I have the strength to do it. Will you help me?
- Kenai: Yes. Anything.
- [Denahi drops his mask, and offers his lightsaber to Kenai. As Kenai grabs it, the last rays of sunlight are absorbed into the Starkiller Base's weapon, and Denahi hesitates. After a brief moment, however, Denahi ignites his saber through Kenai's chest, and Chewbacca roars in despair]
- Zane 2.0: NOOOOOOOOOOO!
- Denahi: [To a distraught Kenai] Thank you.
- [Kenai touches his son's face, then succumbs to his wound and his body tumbles off the walkway down the reactor shaft]