Brother Bear is a 2003 animated film from Walt Disney Pictures about an Inuit boy who pursues a bear in revenge for a battle that he provoked in which his oldest brother is killed. He tracks down the bear and kills it, but the Spirits, angered by this needless death, change the boy into a bear himself to gain perspective.
- [Scoffs] Spirits. Thanks for your wisdom.
- [First lines] Get down!
- A man wouldn't just sit here and do nothing!
- [Silently] He needs me.
- The bear of love?
- [about his totem; whispered] Who wants to trade?
- Never try to milk a caribou.
- Koda... I did something very wrong.
- Your mother's not coming.
- I'm not a beaver, I'm a bea-- no, I mean, I'm not a bear! I'm a MAN!
- Keep all that cuddly bear stuff to a minimum, okay, kid?
- H-- hey, you! You just talked!
- Uhh! Enough with the stories! I don't care about-about the time you and Binky found, you know, the world's biggest pine cone ever!
- You wanna know what I did this year? [all the bears encourage him] Alright. I went on the longest, hardest, most exhausting journey I have ever been on with the biggest pain in the neck I have ever met! [Koda looks hurt] But hey. What else do you expect from a little brother? [noggies a happy Koda]
- [Singing] Tell everybody I'm on my way! New friends and new places to see! With blue skies ahead, yes, I'm on my way! And there's nowhere else that I'd rather be!
- Skinny! Fat! Skinny! Fat!
- My name's not Kid. It's Koda.
- Follow me!
- I'm a ragin' ball of brown fur!
- I told you before, my name's Koda! Say it with me. "Ko-da!"
- I always wanted a brother.
- Is the coast clear?
- You must be pretty embarrassed.
- I think their horns are screwed on too tight!
- [Singing] Yes, I'm on my way!
- The only way to get down is to chew your own foot off! [Smiles evilly]
- No matter what you choose, you'll always be my little brother. Ha, ha. [When Kenai transforms into a bear] Did I say "little"?
- I don't blame the bear, Kenai!
- I am Not Denahi I am Denahdrai
- This will End the war!
- Only one can remain..
- Nothing Can stop.
- Yes yes Embrace the power.
- Arcturus what are you doing? We are on same team.
- I cant be cusrsed save me Skylar
- My name's Rutt. This is my brother Tuke.
- I love dew, too, eh.
- Oh, well, let's get a back seat or something! I mean, I look like you hunted me!
- How's it goin', bear?
- Because I love... dew.
- Yes, Rutt, There's no problem.
- (To Rutt) Hey, I can change...c'mon I can change...I CAN CHANGE!
- [To Kenai, who wants to trade totems.] There is no trading!
- (To Kenai) Love is the most precious of totems. It reveals itself in...unexpected ways. Let love guide your actions and one day, you'll be a man and will place your mark next to those of our ancestors.
- You left too soon, Sitka, your brothers need you guidance.
- Try not to scare off the fish there, buddy.
- Hey, don't throw your fish bones over there! Someone could choke on that...
- The most interesting thing that happened to me this year...mmmm...Ooh! I know, I know, I know, listen to this. I would say I finally knocked down that tree that was blocking the view from my cave, now I have a family of chipmunks staying at my place.
- Griffin Turner you had a speed
- Kenai: Yeah, I'll probably get, like, a sabretooth tiger for bravery, or strength, or greatness, you know, something that fits me...
- Denahi: How about a mammoth for your fat head? Just make sure you get that basket tied up.
- Kenai: Don't worry! No stupid bear's gonna get anywhere near this fish!
- Denahi: Just tie it up.
- Kenai: [Mockingly] "Just tie it up." [sticks his tongue at him]
- Kenai: Yeah... I guess the spirits messed up on both of our totems.
- Sitka: You know, I felt the same way when Tanana gave me mine.
- Kenai: Get out of here.
- Sitka: No, really. I said, The eagle of guidance? What does that mean?... But now that I'm older, I know it's about being a leader... and keeping an eye on you two.
- Kenai: ...I just want to get my hand print on that wall.
- Sitka: Just be patient, Kenai. When you live by your totem... you will.
- Kenai: Really?
- Sitka: Guarantee it.
- Koda: Skinny! Fat! Skinny! Fat!
- Kenai: Hey, I've got a mountain to get to. Come on, kid.
- Koda: I told you before. My name's Koda. Say it with me... KO-DA!
- Kenai: [Sarcastically] Are you sure your mom didn't ditch you, Ko-da? [Sticks his tongue out]
- Koda: Hmph.
- Kenai: Koda, there's... something I ought to... you know that story you told me last night?
- Koda: Yeah.
- Kenai: Well, I have a story to tell you.
- Koda: Really? What's it about?
- Kenai: Well, it's kind of about a man... and kind of about a bear. But mostly, it's about a monster.
- Koda: Mom says the spirits make all the magical changes in the world, like how the leaves change color, or how the moon changes shape, or tadpoles change into frogs...
- Kenai: Yeah, I get it. You know, for a change, maybe they could just leave things alone.
- Koda: What do you mean?
- Kenai: My brother's a spirit, and if it wasn't for him, I... I wouldn't be here.
- Koda: You have a brother up there? What happened to him?
- Kenai: He was killed by a bea-- by a monster.
- Koda: What's your brother's name?
- Kenai: Sitka.
- Koda: Thanks, Sitka. If it weren't for you, I would have never met Kenai. [Lays down and snuggles into the mammoth's tusks] I always wanted a brother.
- Tanana: [Looking over Kenai's body after his transformation] Hmm, strange. The spirits don't usually make these kind of changes! Oh, hmmm... [Looking into his eyes] Oh, my, my, my my... Sitka must have something really big planned for you, yup, yup, yup. You're gonna get a whole new perspective on things! Oh, do you see in black and white, or color?
- Kenai: Enough with the stories. I don't care about the time you and Binky found the world's biggest pine cone ever.
- Koda: First of all, his name's Bucky, not Binky. And second, it wasn't a pine cone, it was a pine nut, and it was huge, even bigger than your fat head!
- Goat #1: [To Kenai] What do you want?! [Echoes] What was that? Who was that?
- Goat #2: Just a minute, bear. Hey! Shut up! [Echoes] No, YOU shut up! [Echoes]
- Goat #1 : No, YOU shut up! [Echoes]
- Goat #2: Hey! Will you shut up?! [Echoes]
- Goat #1: NO!
- Goat #2: JUST SHUT UP!!! [Echoes]
- Koda: [To Kenai] I think their horns are screwed on a little bit too tight!
- [Kenai chuckles]