Captain Marvel (film)
Captain Marvel is a 2019 American superhero film based on the Marvel Comics character Carol Danvers. Produced by Marvel Studios and distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures, it is the twenty-first film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU). Set in 1995, the story follows Danvers' experiences and the re-emergence of her memories as the Earth is caught in the center of a galactic conflict between two alien societies.
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
Carol Danvers / Vers / Captain Marvel
- I keep having these memories. I see flashes... I think I had a life here, but I can't tell if it's real.
- Higher, further, faster, baby.
- You are just one victim of the Skrull expansion that has threatened our civilization for centuries. Impostors who silently infiltrate, then take over our planets. Horrors that you remember, and so much that you do not.
- Without Us, You're Only Human.
- Keller: You're saying this thing looked like Coulson?
- Nick Fury: Talked like him, too.
- Keller: The woman said there were more.
- Nick Fury: The word she used was infiltration.
- Keller: Do you believe her?
- Nick Fury: [referring to the dead Skrull on the coroner's table] Not until I saw this.
- Keller: What's your plan?
- Nick Fury: I'll find Blockbuster girl. I got a call of a motorcycle thief, fits her description. If she can tell me why those lizards are here, maybe she can tell us how to kick them to the curb.
- Keller: Good. Don't leave her alone though. We can't trust anyone, not even our own men.
- Carol Danvers: [Referring to the front of the baseball cap that Fury has given her] What is this?
- Nick Fury: It's a S.H.I.E.L.D. logo.
- Carol Danvers: Does announcing your identity with branded clothing, help with the covert part of the job?
- Nick Fury: ...said the space soldier who's wearing a rubber suit. Lose the flannel.
- Mar-Vell: I spent half my life fighting a shameful war. Now get out of here before you give me any more regrets. Just remember the coordinates, okay? You got to save them without me.
- Captain Marvel: Take the Tesseract, leave the lunchbox.
- Nick Fury: Me?
- Captain Marvel: Yes.
- Nick Fury: I'm not touching that thing!
- Captain Marvel: You want me to get you an oven mitt?
- [A swarm of tentacles suddenly emerge from Goose's mouth, snatching up the Tesseract and devouring it, much to the shock and confusion of Fury, Marvel and Maria. Fury drops Goose in shock, now confirming why Talos was so unnerved around the supposed cat in the first place.]
- Yon-Rogg: I'm so proud of you. You've come a long way since I found you that day by the lake. But can you turn off your emotions long enough to take me on? Or will they get the better of you, as always? I told you, you'll be ready the day you could knock me down as yourself. This is that moment! This is that moment, Vers! Turn off the light show, and prove, prove to me, you can beat me without —
- [Danvers knocks him hundreds of feet back with a photon blast]
- Captain Marvel: [walks up to him and stands over him] I have nothing to prove to you.
- Ronan: We'll be back for the weapon.
- The Other Accuser: The core?
- Ronan: The woman.
- Nick Fury: We have no idea what other intergalactic threats are out there. And our one-woman security force had a prior commitment on the other side of the universe. S.H.I.E.L.D. alone can't protect us. We need to find more.
- Coulson: More weapons?
- Nick Fury: More heroes.
- Coulson: You think you can find others like her?
- Nick Fury: We found her and we weren't even looking.
- [In 2018, the Avengers are dealing with the consequences of the failed counterattack against Thanos that lead to the decimation process as they return to the New Avengers Headquarters. On the computer, the numbers continues to rise as the global death toll reaches 3.2 billion.]
- Steve Rogers: This is a nightmare.
- Natasha Romanoff: I've had better nightmares. [James Rhodes walks in]
- James "Rhodey" Rhodes: Hey. So that thing just stopped doing whatever the hell it was doing.
- [Rhodes, Romanoff, and Rogers head to the chamber housing the transmitter device, where Bruce Banner is analyzing it.]
- Natasha Romanoff: What have we got?
- Bruce Banner: Whatever the signal is sending, it finally creeped off.
- Steve Rogers: I thought we bypassed the battery.
- James "Rhodey" Rhodes: We did. It's still plugged in, it just... it just stopped.
- Steve Rogers: Reboot and send the signal again.
- Bruce Banner: We don't even know what this is.
- Natasha Romanoff: Fury did. Just do it, please. You tell me the second you get a signal. I want to know who's on the other end of that thing.
- [As Romanoff turns around, she finds herself face to face with Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel.]
- Captain Marvel: Where's Fury?
- Higher. Further. Faster.
- Discover what makes a (her)o.
- Everything begins with a (her)o.
- Brie Larson - Carol "Vers" Danvers / Captain Marvel
- Samuel L. Jackson - Nick Fury
- Ben Mendelsohn - Talos / Keller
- Djimon Hounsou - Korath
- Lee Pace - Ronan the Accuser
- Lashana Lynch - Maria Rambeau
- Gemma Chan - Minn-Erva
- Annette Bening - Dr. Wendy Lawson / Mar-Vell and the Supreme Intelligence
- Clark Gregg - Phil Coulson
- Jude Law - Yon-Rogg
- Chris Evans - Steve Rogers / Captain America
- Scarlett Johansson - Natasha Romanoff / Black Widow
- Mark Ruffalo - Bruce Banner / The Hulk
- Don Cheadle - James Rhodes / War Machine