Catty Cornered is a 1953 Merrie Melodies cartoon directed by Friz Freleng, written by Warren Foster and distributed by Warner Bros.. It features Sylvester and Tweety in a forerunner of the Rocky and Mugsy cartoons, with Rocky having present-day form and manners and Mugsy replaced by a much smarter assistant named Nick.
- I slip-thht-bpp-thh-tht-td.
- Mayor: We are gathered here today to pay homage to this magnificent cat... who fought his natural instincts to save this little bird. Yes - and now, gentlemen, you may take your pictures of the cat kissing the little bird. [holds Tweety down to Sylvester] Come on, cat. Kiss the little birdie.
- Tweety: [encouragingly] Come on, puddy tat. Kiss the wittle birdie!
- [Sylvester suddenly eats Tweety, the mayor slaps him on the head to push Tweety out, and he falls to the ground]
- Tweety: Ooh, he's a bad puddy tat!
- Mel Blanc as Sylvester, Tweety, Rocky the Gangster, Nick, Newsboy, News Reporter, Police Officer, Photographer and Mayor.