Cenk Kadir Uygur (born March 21, 1970) is a Turkish-American columnist, political commentator and activist. Uygur is the main host and co-founder of the American liberal/progressive political and social internet commentary program, The Young Turks (TYT) and the co-founder of the associated TYT Network.
|This article about a journalist is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Why would Dem leadership immediately kneecap Democrats? Because they work for their donors. This is way to defeat all progressive initiatives. It’s Corruption 101. @NancyPelosi is unacceptable, should be immediately challenged.
- Twitter post (2 Jan 2019)
- You remember that time that the mainstream media wrote that positive story about @SenSanders? Oh right, neither do I.
- Twitter post (2 Jan 2019)
- If you're racist you're not that clever. I mean, you couldn't even figure out that we're all the f---ing same.
- When I was at MSNBC, I had issues with the Obama administration....I got told by the person who runs MSNBC...that Washington was not happy with my tone...This is how they play ball...If you are on the right side and you kiss up to them, then you get goodies. Access to their weasley politicians...and more importantly, money...
- Quoted in When I Was At MSNBC, The Obama Administration Tried To Manipulate What I Said, RealClearPolitics, Tim Hains, (16 December 2016)
- The claims of an Armenian Genocide are not based on historical facts. If the history of the period is examined it becomes evident that in fact no such genocide took place.
- "Column: Historical Fact or Falsehood?", The Daily Pennsylvanian (20 November 1991); but see: "Rescinding Daily Pennsylvanian Article" by Cenk Uygur (22 April 2016).
- If president Obama is doing the wrong thing, I'm not going to tell you that he's doing the right thing so I can “support him”.
- MSNBC Live (29 June 2011)
- Jesus is said to have said on the cross, "My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?" Because Jesus was insane and the God he thought would rescue him did not exist. And he died on that cross like a fool. He fancied himself the son of God and he could barely convince twelve men to follow him at a time when the world was full of superstition.
- “Here comes the controversial part I shouldn’t say,” Uygur said. “I believe that if I were the benevolent dictator of the world, I would legalize bestiality where you are giving, you are pleasuring the animal.”
- YouTube: BEASTIALITY! [The Young Turks TYT CEO Liberal Cenk Uygur SAYS HE WANTS TO LEGALIZE HORSE RAPE (Dec 12, 2019)] https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8uWkAK4p7GA
Quotes about Cenk Uygur
- We received very fair coverage in our campaign from Thom Hartmann, Cenk Uygur of The Young Turks, and Amy Goodman of Democracy Now! The folks at The Nation, In These Times, The Progressive, and a number of other smaller publications and blogs also worked extremely hard to allow us to convey our message to the American people...
- Bernie Sanders Our Revolution (2016)