Central African Republic
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Central African Republic (Sango: Ködörösêse tî Bêafrîka; French: République centrafricaine) is a landlocked country in Central Africa. It is bordered by Chad in the north, Sudan in the northeast, South Sudan in the east, the Democratic Republic of the Congo and the Republic of the Congo in the south and Cameroon in the west. The CAR covers a land area of about 620,000 square kilometres (240,000 sq mi) and has an estimated population of about 4.4 million as of 2008. The capital is Bangui.
|This geography-related article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- It’s a crisis which should never have happened because the country has the potential to feed itself
- Parfait Onanga-Anyanga, the U.N. secretary-general’s special representative to Central African Republic, on how violence in the Central African Republic has left children in the Central African Republic hungry, quoted on The Washington Post, "Central African Republic violence leaving kids hungry", March 2, 2016.
- I call on my children, especially the anti-balaka, to put down their arms and stop all the fighting. The same goes for the ex-Seleka - they should not have fear. I don't want to hear any more talk of murders and killings. Starting today, I am the president of all Central Africans, without exclusion.
- Catherine Samba-Panza, president of the Central African Republic, quoted on BBC News, "Central African Republic MPs elect Catherine Samba-Panza", January 20, 2014.
- Now, in the Central African Republic, is the time to break the cycle of suffering, to align this day of opportunity with tomorrow and the day after, and the way to do it … is one day and one person at a time. Changing lives so that occupants become citizens, and citizens change their countries.
- W. Stuart Symington, the deputy assistant for Central Africa and African security affairs at the State Department, on violence in the Central African Republic, quoted on GWToday, "Leader of the Central African Republic in Roundtable at GW", March 2, 2016.
- Encyclopedic article on Central African Republic on Wikipedia
- Central African Republic travel guide from Wikivoyage
- Works related to Portal:Central African Republic on Wikisource
- Media related to Central African Republic on Wikimedia Commons
- The dictionary definition of central african republic on Wiktionary