Sudan (or The Sudan; officially the Republic of the Sudan or Republic of Sudan) is the largest African country by area. The country is situated at a crossroads between the Horn of Africa and the Middle East. It is bordered by Egypt to the north, the Red Sea to the northeast, Eritrea and Ethiopia to the east, Kenya and Uganda to the southeast, Democratic Republic of the Congo and the Central African Republic to the southwest, Chad to the west, and Libya to the northwest. It is the tenth largest country in the world by area.
|This Geography article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- We are not zealous for this land because of the rivers that flow in it. We are zealous for it because it is the land of Islam.... This people has a glorious history. Gordon Pasha, who humiliated the Chinese—the Sudanese here cut off his head.
- Hassan Al-'Audha, Sudanese Muslim Brotherhood,. Sudanese Islamic Leaders Threaten the U.S. Not to Send Forces to Darfur. MEMRI (03 July 2007).
- Many Sudanese young people are well educated. But the economy is unstable, so everyone is affected, educated and not educated. You find the drivers of tuk-tuk [taxis] are engineers, accountants, very educated people - but they cannot find jobs and they need to boost their income any way they can.
- Maisson Hassan, a young contestant and the proud holder of a degree in nuclear physics, quoted on BBC News, "Sudan's entrepreneurs face their dragons in TV show", November 19, 2013.
- Sudan, ruled by Moslem dictators, is given a pass and escapes controversy, except among Christians, for the rape and enslavement of blacks going on at the present moment.
- Kelley L. Ross, The Fallacies of Moralism and Moral Aestheticism