Sudan (or The Sudan; officially the Republic of the Sudan or Republic of Sudan) is the largest African country by area. The country is situated at a crossroads between the Horn of Africa and the Middle East. It is bordered by Egypt to the north, the Red Sea to the northeast, Eritrea and Ethiopia to the east, Kenya and Uganda to the southeast, Democratic Republic of the Congo and the Central African Republic to the southwest, Chad to the west, and Libya to the northwest. It is the tenth largest country in the world by area.
|This geography-related article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- We are not zealous for this land because of the rivers that flow in it. We are zealous for it because it is the land of Islam.... This people has a glorious history. Gordon Pasha, who humiliated the Chinese—the Sudanese here cut off his head.
- Hassan Al-'Audha, Sudanese Muslim Brotherhood,Sudanese Islamic Leaders Threaten the U.S. Not to Send Forces to Darfur. MEMRI (03 July 2007).
- One of the things (that I regretted the most was) that has an impact on these two decades and more is what happened after we (Sudan) signed the comprehensive peace agreement (with South Sudan). We signed this agreement. We genuinely implemented it, and we gave our brothers in South Sudan more than is entitled to them according to the peace agreement. I fought for years in South Sudan for the unity of Sudan. I was a commander in the fields, fighting for the unity of Sudan. As a politician, I worked very, very hard in order to maintain the unity of our country. That was my aim. Of course, the result came negative to what I was looking forward to happen after all these efforts, after all these years of hard work and labor. It's one of the things that I forget because Sudan was divided in two.
- Omar al-Bashir, (2014) cited in "Washington Post interview with Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir" on The Washington Post, 23 December 2014
- The era of darkness is over, and we are entering a new era achieved by the efforts of youth and sacrifices, and will continue and will be led by young people, through this ministry to make the next history, to be the first democratic government elected after the transition period, majority of young people.
- Sudanese blood is precious, let us stop the bloodshed and direct the youth's energy into building and development.
- Abdalla Hamdok, (2021) cited in "Explained: Why many in Sudan are angry over PM Abdalla Hamdok's return" on Frontline, 23 November 2021.
- Many Sudanese young people are well educated. But the economy is unstable, so everyone is affected, educated and not educated. You find the drivers of tuk-tuk [taxis] are engineers, accountants, very educated people - but they cannot find jobs and they need to boost their income any way they can.
- Maisson Hassan, a young contestant and the proud holder of a degree in nuclear physics, quoted on BBC News, "Sudan's entrepreneurs face their dragons in TV show", November 19, 2013.
- Third, if the Americans' aims behind these wars are religious and economic, the aim is also to serve the Jews' petty state and divert attention from its occupation of Jerusalem and murder of Muslims there. The best proof of this is their eagerness to destroy Iraq, the strongest neighboring Arab state, and their endeavor to fragment all the states of the region such as Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and Sudan into paper statelets and through their disunion and weakness to guarantee Israel's survival and the continuation of the brutal crusade occupation of the Peninsula.
- I am optimistic because, unlike in the 1985 revolution, all of Sudan is participating. The new president will have to be fair with men and women.
- Awadeya Mahmoud (2019)