Egypt (Arabic: مِصر), officially the Arab Republic of Egypt, is a country mainly in North Africa, with the Sinai Peninsula forming a land bridge in Southwest Asia. Egypt is one of the most populous countries in Africa and the Middle East. The great majority of its estimated 80 million people live near the banks of the Nile River, in an area of about 40,000 square kilometers (15,000 sq mi), where the only arable land is found.
|This Geography related article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- And they spoiled the Egyptians.
- Exodus, XII. 36; reported in Hoyt's New Cyclopedia Of Practical Quotations (1922), p. 218
- The Egyptian scales of justice are not reversible. There is no justice in Egypt. No reason. Logic committed suicide a while ago. Egypt went crazy. Egypt is ruled by a bunch of lunatics.
- Mohammed Abu Hurira, as quoted in "Four-year-old sentenced to life in prison for murder in Egypt" (19 February 2016), by Caroline Mortimer, The Independent
- We are good fighters but lousy builders. Our last piece of original architecture was during ancient Egypt. What are we known for now?
- Michael Matogo, The Burden of a Great Legacy (4 October 2001)
- The world of the Greco-Roman Egypt was a wonderfully diverse and pluralistic world, and nowhere is that diversity and pluralism seen more clearly than in the text of ritual power that were produced and used by the people who inhabited that world.
- Marvin Meyer, Ancient Christian Magic: Coptic Texts of Ritual Power. Princeton University Press. 1999. p. 27. ISBN 978-0-691-00458-7.
- It follows that Egypt is not a "Muslim Country" but a republic, a country for all Egyptians.
- I am dying, Egypt, dying.
- Encyclopedic article on Egypt at Wikipedia
- The dictionary definition of egypt at Wiktionary
- Works related to Portal:Egypt at Wikisource
- Egypt travel guide from Wikivoyage
- Media related to Egypt at Wikimedia Commons