Jump to navigation Jump to search
- If not, resolve, before we go,
That you and I must pull a crow.
Y' 'ad best (quoth Ralpho), as the Ancients
Say wisely, have a care o' the main chance.
- Samuel Butler, Hudibras, Part II (1664), Canto II, line 499.
- Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.
- Never measure the height of a mountain, until you have reached the top. Then you will see how low it was.
- Dag Hammarskjold, Markings (1964).
- Only those who dare to fail greatly, can ever achieve greatly.
- Robert F. Kennedy, Day of Affirmation Address (1966).
- Norrin Radd: Those to whom no distant horizons beckon ... for whom no challenges remain ... though they have inherited a Universe ... they possess only empty sand!
- The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution.
- Bertrand Russell, as quoted in Crainer's The Ultimate Book of Business Quotations (1997), p. 258.
- I never in my life
Did hear a challenge urg'd more modestly,
Unless a brother should a brother dare
To gentle exercise and proof of arms.
- There I throw my gage,
To prove it on thee to the extremest point
Of mortal breathing.
- But thou liest in thy throat; that is not the matter I challenge thee for.
- An I thought he had been valiant and so cunning in fence, I'ld have seen him damned ere I'ld have challenged him.