- There will be things that I do that no one will be left to understand.
- Le Mystère des saints Innocents [The Mystery of the Holy Innocents] (1912)
The Portal of the Mystery of Hope (1912)
- Le Porche du mystère de la deuxième vertu, trans. David Louis Schindler Jr., 1929
- In my servant the ant, my tiny servant, who hoards greedily like a miser.
Who works like one unhappy and who has no break and who has no rest.
- I am so resplendent in my creation.
That in order really not to see me these poor people would have to be blind.
- Faith is a loyal Wife.
Charity is a Mother.
An ardent mother, noble-hearted.
Or an older sister who is like a mother.
Hope is a little girl, nothing at all.
Basic Verities, Prose and Poetry (1943)
- He who does not bellow the truth when he knows the truth makes himself the accomplice of liars and forgers.
- "Lettre du Provincial" (21 December 1899)
- The sinner is at the heart of Christianity. No one is as competent as the sinner in matters of Christianity. No one, except a saint.
- "Un Nouveau théologien" (1911)