|This People article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America—because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.
- Davis, Burke (1988). Marine!: The Life Of Chesty Puller. New York, N.Y.: Bantam Books. p. 273. ISBN 9780553271829. .
- Those days in the woods saved my life many a time in combat.
- Recalling his early days trapping muskrats before school to supplement his mother's income
- The Savage Wars of Peace, Max Boot, 2002.
- I want to go where the guns are!
- Chesty Puller 
- You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em.
"Where do you put the bayonet?" (upon seeing a flamethrower being tested)Attributed.