Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 is a 2013 American 3D computer-animated comic science fiction film produced by Sony Pictures Animation and distributed by Columbia Pictures. The film is the sequel to the 2009 film Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, which was loosely based on Judi and Ron Barrett's book of the same name. It was directed by Cody Cameron and Kris Pearn, produced by Kirk Bodyfelt, and executive produced by the directors of the first film, Phil Lord and Chris Miller. The film was released on September 27, 2013.
The screenplay was written by John Francis Daley, Jonathan Goldstein, and Erica Rivinoja, and it is based on an original idea, and not on Pickles to Pittsburgh, Barrett's follow-up book. Cloudy 2 continues right after the first film, where a food-making satellite gets out of control, but its creator, young inventor Flint, and his friends, eventually manage to stop it. In the sequel, Flint and his friends are forced to leave their home town, but when the food machine awakens, this time producing sentient food beasts, they must return to save the world.
- They're my wedgie-proof underpants. I, uh...invented them when I was six.
- There's a leak in the boat! [camera pans down to an actual leek who starts screaming in panic]
- [taming Cheespider] See? She's not mean. She's just a little beefy.
- I don't get vests. What, is it winter in your torso but summer in your arms?
Steve the Monkey
- [being chucked into a teleporter] AFRAID!
- [spasming after the food animals chuck him back out of said teleporter] BANANA! BANANA! [attacks Flint]
- Tacodile! Supreme!
- [to Brent] You keep it waiting for two hours.
- I'm not a barista! I'm a police-sta!
- [to a customer] Wait your turn, fancy pants!
- [as a tear rolls down his cheek] It's enough to make a grown man cry. But not this man! Get back in there, tear! [sucks the tear back into his eye]
- [to Flint] You scared the jam out of him!
- Can your ideas change the world?
- [after Flint said that his friends were his island] Eww! Okay, first, shut up!
- My holograms! Save me! [his holograms form into a net to save him from the Food Bar machine] See, young Lockwood? With my holograms... [as soon as his holograms touch him, however, they disappear] Oh, fudge. [ducks into his vest which bounces off the Food Bar machine like a pinball until he's finally launched towards the exit] I saved myself! [just before he could go through the exit, however, the Cheespider grabs him with his cheese tongue and eat him]
- Shrimpanze: [snatches Steve's though device] Shrimpanze
- Steve The Monkey: [snatches it back] Steve
- Shrimpanze: [snatches Steve's though device again] Shrimpanze
- Steve The Monkey: [snatches it back] Steve
- Shrimpanze: [snatches Steve's though device once more] Shrimpanze
- Steve The Monkey: [rips it out of the shrimpanze's grasp then pushes said shrimpanze overboard] Shove [dancing] STEVE
- Earl Devereaux: I'm glad you're still wearing that diaper!
- Brent Mchale: I wish I brought a fresh one!
- Brent Mchale: [squeezes into Flint's smaller clothes] Thanks for lending me these skinny jeans, Flint.
- Earl Devereaux: Those aren't skinny jeans.
- Manny: Nope.
- Brent Mchale: My feet are turning purple. Is that bad?
- Brent: [Eating soup made by Manny] Dr. Manny, this is delicious!
- Manny: I call it "Manny's Gorilla Stew"
- Brent: So how do you make a gorilla stew?
- Manny: You keep it waiting for two hours.
- Flint Lockwood: The BS-USB…reprogrammed it?!
- Chester V: It was never gonna turn off the machine. A BS-USB? Hello! Your machine is what I wanted all along.
- Flint Lockwood: You…lied to me.
- Chester V: Of course I lied to you. I knew you'd eventually fall for these pathetic creatures.
- Flint Lockwood: [heartbroken] But… But you were my idol. My whole life, I looked up to you. I wanted to be you!
- Tim Lockwood: Look, Flint, they came here to help, we all did. It's time to let us.
- [cut to a leaf of lettuce]
- Something big was leftover
- Fast food.
- Move your buns!
- Dill with it.
- Back for seconds.
- Bill Hader - Flint Lockwood
- Anna Faris - Samantha "Sam" Sparks
- James Caan - Tim Lockwood
- Will Forte - Chester V
- Cody Cameron - Barry the Strawberry and Dill the Pickle
- Andy Samberg - Brent McHale
- Neil Patrick Harris - Steve the Monkey
- Benjamin Bratt - Manny
- Terry Crews - Officer Earl Devereaux
- Kristen Schaal - Barb
- Khamani Griffin - Cal Devereaux
- Al Roker - Patrick Patrickson
- Melissa Sturm - Sentinel Louise and Live Corp Scientist.
- Kris Pearn - Shrimpanzees
- Craig Kellman - Flintly McCallahan and Idea Pants Guy.