Code Lyoko: Evolution
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Code Lyoko: Evolution is the sequel to the French animated television series Code Lyoko which ended on a cliffhanger, leaving many questions unanswered essential plot lines unresolved, much to the disappointment of fans
- 1 Season One (2013)
- 1.1 X.A.N.A. 2.O
- 1.2 Cortex
- 1.3 Spectromania
- 1.4 Miss Einstein
- 1.5 Rivalry
- 1.6 Suspicions
- 1.7 Countdown
- 1.8 Virus
- 1.9 How to Fool X.A.N.A.
- 1.10 The Warrior Awakens
- 1.11 Rendezvous
- 1.12 Chaos at Kadic
- 1.13 Friday the 13th
- 1.14 Intrusion
- 1.15 Confusion
- 1.16 The Codeless
- 1.17 An Assured Professional Future
- 1.18 Obstinacy
- 1.19 The Trap
- 1.20 Espionage
- 1.21 False Pretenses
- 1.22 Mutiny
- 1.23 Jeremy's Blues
- 1.24 Temporal Paradox
- 1.25 Massacre
- 1.26 Ultimate Mission
- 2 Characters
- 3 Code Lyoko characters that Never Appear
- 4 Series Elements
- 5 External links
Season One (2013)
- The rogue artificial intelligence/multi-agent system, X.A.N.A., makes an unexpected return after one year
- Lyoko is fully reconstructed in the digital sea, but the Forest and Ice regions are lost due to the long inactivity of the supercomputer
- (The electric pipes suddenly malfunction)
- Aelita: Tell me you saw it!
- Yumi: Just what did you see?
- Aelita: Strange lights. Not natural at all. And those lines of code. I've seen them too much already.
- Ulrich: X.A.N.A.? Didn't we destroy it?
- Jeremy: It may have had a backup system.
- Ulrich: Sure. but Lyoko, the Lyoko warriors...it's all over now.
- Aelita: X.A.N.A. may still be alive and you're just sitting here? Back then, you never had any doubt.
- Jeremy: Lyoko is reborn. But, wait. Two sectors are gone. Must be from the long inactivity of the supercomputer.
- Jeremy: Oh no. Aelita, there's a tower activated in Sector 5!
- Odd: e already see a tower and it's not activated.
- Jeremy: No. There's another tower.
- Note: The Lyoko Warriors discover another virtual realm called the Cortex which is powered by an additional supercomputer identical to theirs.
- William: Hey, it's me!
- Aelita: I know. Your super smoke makes me nervous.
- William: Sorry.
- Jeremy: Aelita, get out of there!
- (Aelita suddenly sees a photograph of her late father, Waldo Franz Shaceffer, on the interface)
- Aelita: Huh? Daddy?
- Jeremy: AELITA, GET OUT!!
- Jeremy: Are you sure it was your father?
- Aelita: I don't understand. What does he have to do with the Cortex?
- Yumi, Odd and Ulrich are now capable of deactivating towers, due to having X.A.N.A.'s source codes inside them.
- Jeremy: The tower was deactivated by Yumi.
- Ulrich: Yumi?
- Jeremy: I think it's those source codes within you that allow you to deactivate towers.
- Ulrich uses his special ability of super sprint.
- William Dunbar is welcomed back as the fifth Lyoko Warrior.
- Yumi: What are they playing?
- Odd: The one who has the bigger sword?
- Ulrich: Thanks.
- William: I believe you have a tower to deactivate.
- Ulrich: Don't worry, Aelita. Your dad's a great guy.
- Odd: Yes. He even sacrificed himself for us to destroy X.A.N.A.
- Jeremy: I agree.
- Aelita: Daddy? Is you who has done this? Are you the one who invented this machine? Answer me, please. Are you responsible for X.A.N.A.'s return?
- Jeremy: Aelita, what are you dong?
- Aelita: I need to look around. No. I need to feel Lyoko. This desert-It's so calm and serene like my father. Not like the Cortex, which is chaotic.
How to Fool X.A.N.A.
The Warrior Awakens
- Ulrich: Jeremy, those things are not programmed creatures. Their human beings.
- Jeremy: What?
- Ulrich: Yumi, William, we were all wrong. You're not fighting against programmed monsters but human avatars, like us.
- Yumi: We'll never make it! Their too fast. William, super smoke!
- Jeremy: I'll send you your staff.
- Ulrich: Yumi, you can do this! Be smarter than him! Go where he's not expecting you.
- Laura: I can't believe it. I'm in charge of a quantum supercomputer.
- Laura: X.A.N.A. is an artificial intelligence. Artificial intelligences are logical. It must be using prime numbers to change the sequence of the two towers.
- Aelita: Leave me alone. I hate you.
- Jeremy: It wasn't your mother, Aelita. It was just another of X.A.N.A.'s tricks.
- Aelita: Yes, but...
- Jeremy: I understand how much it meant to you. But remember, X.A.N.A. is just a program. It can make mistakes. We'll find a way to beat it for good this time. I promise.
- Aelita: Laura, thank you.
Chaos at Kadic
- Jeremy: Laura, what are you doing!!
- Aelita: Jeremy, what's happening?
- Jeremy: Laura brought her father here!
- Aelita: What!? Yumi, devirtualize me!
Friday the 13th
- Aelita: But why this date, June 13, 20003?
- Jeremy: Maybe that was the day when he argued with your father.
- Aelita: Then why doesn't he do something?
- Jeremy: He doesn't waste time. He fears us.
- Laura: You're not very discreet. Your father created Lyoko, right?
- Aelita: Just what right do you have to get into other people's lives and tell nonsense?
- Laura: Franz Hopper- a computer scientist who taught at a school that hides a quantum supercomputer? It wasn't that hard to figure out. By the way, why he disappear? Don't tell me he preferred his research over his little girl? Did he abandon you?
- Aelita: My father did not abandon me. He sacrificed himself for me. And what about your daddy? Don't you think he would sacrifice himself for you?
- Tyron: So, tell me, you little avatars. What is this essential news I need to know. Do you know who I am?
- Aelita: We sure do, Tyron.
- Tyron: Professor Tyron.
- Aelita: Professor Tyron, do you know about X.A.N.A.?
- Tyron: X.A.N.A.? Never heard of it. What is it? A video game?
- Aelita: X.A.N.A. is definitely not a game! It is an artificial intelligence that is trying to gain control the network. We have reason to believe it is hiding in your supercomputer.
- Tyron: Heh. Impossible. If anything were hiding in my supercomputer, I would know about it.
- Jeremy: Tell him that if X.A.N.A. gains full strength it'll take over the entire network.
- Aelita: Yes. X.A.N.A. lies within your supercomputer.
- Tyron: Tyron fears no one! Especially not this X.A.N.A. that is supposedly hiding inside my supercomputer! Do you want the proof!!?
- (Summons two of his Ninjas)
- Odd: So, how many codes did I lose?
- Jeremy: All of them.
- Odd: What!?
- (shows X.A.N.A.'s power at 85%)
An Assured Professional Future
- Jeremy: Aelita, I don't have much time. graven is Tyron's minion.
- Aelita: What!? Are you all right?
- Jeremy: I'm OK. But he talked about a beacon, I think is somewhere on Lyoko.
- Aelita: Okay. We'll track it down.
- Jeremy: Be careful.
- Graven: One of those avatars might be yours. No. None of them looks like you. Perhaps you're the one left behind. The one who is not trusted.
- Graven: Good job, kid. You almost got me. Tyron said not to underestimate you.
- Aelita: Bye, Graven. Have a nice return to the past.
- Aelita's presumably late mother, Anthea Hopper, is revealed to be very much alive, in some unknown part of Switzerland.
- Jeremy: Did anybody knock?
- Laura: No.
- Aelita: Can you send the Megapod, please?
- Laura: Let her persist. Once she gets devirtualized, she'll realize how stubborn she was.
- Aelita: Mom!? It's my mom! She's with Tyron!
- Jeremy: Calm down, Aelita. Are you sure it's your mother?
- Aelita: Yes! I recognize her. She's in the lab with him! I'm sure of it!
- William: I thought her mother was dead.
- Jeremy: We don't know what really happened to her. Aelita never talks about it.
- Aelita: Why did you stop me!? I had time to inject the virus!
- Jeremy: We all decided to, Aelita. Your mother's still alive.
- Aelita: I know, but X.A.N.A. has 85% of its power.
- Jeremy: But the supercomputer is the only link with your mother. If we had destroyed it, you will never see her again.
- Aelita: Why do think I want...?
- Jeremy: What you want is to see your mother again. We couldn't let you make such a sacrifice. Look, if X.A.N.A. gains 95% we'll inject the virus. Okay?
- This episode has the exact same title as the fourteenth episode of its 2D animated show, Code Lyoko.
- (In the core chamber of the Heart of Lyoko, in Sector 5)
- Aelita: Mom. I saw her. I'm sure of it. I saw my mother in the Cortex. She's alive. Daddy, I promise I'll do everything I can to find her. Everything.
- (Aelita flashes back to time the photograph was taken, several years ago)
- Young Aelita: You can't catch me.
- Anthea Hopper: Got you, sweetheart.
- Young Aelita: Daddy.
- Anthea Hopper: Daddy.
- Jeremy: We're find her. I promise.
- Anthea Hopper comes to shocking realization that the daughter she had believed dead is very much alive.
- Jeremy: Tyron noticed our presence because of a new security system he's installed. But he doesn't know we are hacking his sound system. I repeat: He doesn't know we are hacking his sound system!
- Aelita: Hurry, Jeremy!
- (Throws an energy field at a Ninja, devirtualizing him)
- Aelita: Mom! Mom, it's me! Aelita! Listen to my voice. Can you remember my voice?
- Anthea Hopper: What is going on? Am I dreaming?
- Aelita: Mom, it's me! Your daughter, Aelita! Hear my voice!
- Anthea Hopper: My daughter is dead. Who are you?
- Aelita: Mom, I survived, thanks to Daddy. He put me on Lyoko! I love you, Mom! Mom!!
- Anthea Hopper: Lyoko? Franz? (Is dazed) Aelita?
- Aelita: I don't know. Tyron cut off the connection.
- Jeremy: she understood. She was in shock, but she understood.
- Jeremy: "Impossible to tell the difference." Laura, are you interested in creating a little program?
- Laura: Thoroughly.
- The Scyphozoa ensnares William, enabling X.A.N.A. to partially possess him again.
- Jeremy: I propose that Laura be expelled from the Lyoko Warriors!
- (Everyone except William raises their hand)
- Ulrich: Jeremy, you can launch a return to the past. She won't remember a thing.
- Laura: (looks smug): That doesn't work on me.
- Jeremy: Not so fast. I created a new version. This way, the supercomputer will focus only you and...bam!
- Odd: You're the best, Einstein.
- Laura: You can't do that!
- Jeremy: Oh, yes I can.
- Aelita's "birthday" is celebrated here since she could not recall when she was born, Jeremie told her to choose one. But, she had asked him to choose for her, which would be a surprise, in Episode 78 "Lab Rat."
- Aelita: Tyron seems to be the only one who was regained confidence.
- Jeremy: It was a close one. Tyron nearly found us.
- Odd: Think about it. If you hadn't sprained your wrist, we'd have been stuck with J.I Jim forever.
- (Shows the virtual avatars of Yumi, Aelita, Odd, Ulrich and William on his iPhone)
- Tyron: I'm guessing these faces don't look familiar to you?
- Laura: They look like caricatures of Jeremy Belpois' gang.
- Tyron: Jeremy Belpois?
- Laura: A kid in my class. He's also really interested in quantum physics. But I'm better than him at some other subjects.
- Tyron: Thank you, Miss Gauthier. This interview has been more than productive.
- Only Yumi and Aelita still have source codes inside them, leaving X.A.N.A. at 95% of his strength.
- Jeremy: Sorry, Yumi. It left you with almost nothing.
- Odd: Almost nothing is better than nothing! We lost everything.
- William: Let's scare ourselves. How much power is X.A.N.A. at?
- Jeremy: 95%
- Odd: What about 96%?
- Aelita: No. We said at 95% we attack!
- Jeremy: You know what that means.
- Aelita: Of course I know. I won't be able to contact my mother. I can't thank you enough for all you've done for me. All the risks you've taken. I want to find my mother, but if X.A.N.A. wins, that won't mean a thing.
- Jeremy: Aelita, have I ever told you how awesome you are?
- Aelita: Plenty of times.
- This season finale has ended on an unresolved cliffhanger, leaving many things left unresolved:
- Tyron is still on the move, being Aelita's stepfather and legal guardian
- X.A.N.A. remains at large ,having not been destroyed nor gained its source codes from Yumi and Aelita and is still at 95% of its strength.
- Yumi and Aelita still have source codes within their bodies.
- Aelita has yet to be reunited with her long-lost mother, Anthea Hopper, who has yet to know the truth about Tyron's true motives for marrying her.
- The Forest and Ice Sectors being deleted on Lyoko.
- Jeremy: Aelita, you all right?
- Aelita: I'm fine. I was thinking of my mother.
- Yumi: Look, if you want to contact your mother one last time, we're totally okay with it.
- Aelita: No. We've waited long enough. X.A.N.A. must be destroyed.
- Odd: Are you sure?
- Aelita: My mother may work for Tyron, but she must has a life on the other side for sure. I can only to talk to her through Tyron's supercomputer for now, but I believe I'll find her. I will find another way. If she knew the danger X.A.N.A. is, I'm sure she would tell to fight it.
- Yumi: I think so, too.
- (Fails to get inside the Cortex's main core room as the doorway shuts)
- Yumi: No! We were so close!!
- (Destroys a Manta with her Tessen)
- Yumi: That's right! Get lost.
- Odd: That did not end well.
- Yumi: X.A.N.A. was never this strong.
- Aelita: What if X.A.N.A. has become too powerful? Too powerful to entirely destroy again?
- Jeremy: We were caught off guard. That's all. You have twelve hours until I can re-virtualize you on Lyoko.
- Aelita: Tyron!? Let me go! I don't feel good.
- Mr. Delmas: Aelita, what's wrong? Aren't you happy?
- Aelita: About what?
- Mr. Delmas: That your mother is alive?
- Tyron: It's understandable to feel shock that your mother is alive and remarried at the same time. But whether you like it or not, I am your stepfather now.
- Aelita: I refuse to go with him!
- Tyron: Your mother thought it wouldn't be so easy for you, so she left you a message.
- (Hands her his iPad, in which her long-lost mother's face appears on the screen)
- Anthea Hopper: "Aelita, my love. I don't know where to start. I'm just so happy to know that you're alive. It's like a miracle. You're going to meet Mr. Tyron, my dear Lowell. You can completely trust him. I'm having him bring you back to Switzerland, where we can finally see each other again. I love you, Aelita."
- (Hands Aelita a small, circular necklace; the one that Anthea was seen wearing)
- Tyron: Your mother's medallion. She wanted me to pass it on to you.
- Tyron: Now that it's just the two of us, we can talk more clearly. You are to obey me, you understand? First of all, I want to contact your friends and tell them to stop everything. I know all about your virus.
- Aelita: No.
- Tyron: If you don't obey me, I will ensure that you never see you mother again. But if you obey me, you can tell her what you want, even leave with her. I do not really care. I already got what I wanted from her: Your father's archives. So?
- Aelita: I can't do that.
- Tyron: To "virus up" a supercomputer is more important to you than seeing your own mother again!?
- Aelita: We already told you. We have nothing against your system. Only that your system houses X.A.N.A. And X.A.N.A. is very dangerous.
- Yumi: Let me in!!
- Jim: It's a private matter!
- Yumi: A private matter!? You gotta be kidding! Aelita!!?
- (Barges in and is shocked to see none other than Tyron)
- Aelita: Hurry, Yumi!!
- Tyron: Well, stop them!
- Jim: I can't use force. It's against my jurisdiction.
- Aelita (on her cellphone): Tyron and my mother are married. He became my stepfather and legal guardian. But my mother doesn't know about us or X.A.N.A. He's manipulating her.
- Jeremy: What!? Didn't we cover our tracks? Where are you?
- Aelita: The passage in the park. Why?
- Jeremy: Stop! A GPS signal is near you. The man with the receptor just entered the park.
- Aelita: The tracker must be in the metal.
- Jeremie: Give it to Yumi. She'll take it as far away as possible. If Tyron discovers our lab, it'll all be over.
- (Has captured Yumi in the park)
- Tyron: Were is Aelita!!? Where are the others!! It's Tyron. Let me know if there's a presence inside. I'll hold.
- Man on Phone: Two presences detected in the Core. They just entered.
- Tyron: Shut down the supercomputer! Now!! That's an order!!
- Yumi: No!! You don't understand!!
- Tyron: On the contrary, I understand quite well. I'd rather shut down my supercomputer than lose all of my work to your filthy virus!!
- Yumi: But my friends. If you shut it down, they will...
- Aelita: Jeremy, the light from the Core is dimming. What's going on?
- Jeremy: Oh no! It can't be!
- Ulrich: What's happening?
- Jeremy: Tyron is shutting off his supercomputer! Aboard the mission! Come back to Earth!
- Aelita: Jeremy, I'm opening a patch for the virus for you!
- Jeremy: Aelita, you don't have time! You need to get out of there!!
- Ulrich: What good will it do if Tyron shuts off his supercomputer?
- Aelita: He's only doing this to prevent us from acting! But he'll just turn it back on again!
- Jeremy: Oh no. The shut down procedure is clouding your virtual signatures! You have to go to the Skid immediately!
- Ulrich: Okay, we're on it!
- Odd: What's going on?
- Jeremy: Tyron is shutting down his supercomputer! You have to get to the Skid fast!!
- William: Or else...?
- Jeremy: Or else you'll be lost forever in the digital sea!
- Yumi: I was afraid.
- Odd: Us too. It took five minutes for us to appear in the scanners.
- Yumi: What of the virus? Did it work?
- Jeremy: Yes and no. It almost got through, but due to Tyron shutting down his supercomputer, it didn't quite reach it.
- William: So, did we win?
- Jeremy: No quite. X.A.N.A. still exists and doesn't have all of his source codes to reach full strength.
- Yumi: Tyron didn't think it would work. He left smiling.
- Jeremy: You lost the game, X.A.N.A.
- (Shuts down the supercomputer, therefore rendering X.A.N.A. dormant yet again, but not destroying him)
- Jeremie Belpois
- Ulrich Stern
- Odd della Robbia
- William Dunbar
- Yumi Ishiyama
- Aelita Schaeffer ("Stones")
- Laura Gauthier (12 Episodes)
- Jim Morales (20 Episodes)
- Waldo Franz Schaeffer/Franz Hopper (3 Episodes; photographs and video clip)
- Anthea Hopper-Tyron (7 Episodes)
- Jean-Pierre Delmas ("Ultimate Mission")
- Sissi Delmas ("How to Fool X.A.N.A." and "False Pretenses")
- Suzanne Hurtz ("Espionage")
- Samantha ("Friday the 13th")
- Professor Lowell Tyron (7 Episodes)
- The Ninjas (10 Episodes)
- X.A.N.A.'s Polymorphic Specters (16 Episodes)
- X.A.N.A.'s Monsters
- Scypozoa ("Mutiny")
- Congers ("An Assured Professional Future")
Code Lyoko characters that Never Appear
- Mr.and Mrs. Stern
- Michael Belpois
- Mr. and Mrs. della Robbia
- Ahio Ishiyama
- Takeo Ishiyama
- Hiroki Ishiyama
- Samantha Knight
- Nicolas Poliakoff
- Heidi Clinger
Lyoko Abilities and Weapons
- Winged Flight (via Angel Wings)
- Second Sight
- Energy Fields
- Tower Deactivation (7 Episodes)
- Laser Arrows
- Superhuman Climbing
- Superhuman Agility
- Tower Deactivation ("Spectromania" and "Friday the 13th")
- Super Sprint ("Rivalry")
- Superhuman Reflexes
- Triplicate ("Intrusion")
- Triangulate (not used)
- Enhanced Swordsmanship
- Tower Deactivation ("Rivalry")
- Super Smoke
- Energy Disc (from his sword)
- Tessen Fans
- Bo Staff (4 Episodes)
- Enhanced Balance
- Telekinesis (never used)
- Tower Deactivation (3 Episodes)