Jump to navigation Jump to search
Colossal is a 2016 science fiction black comedy about an unemployed writer who unwittingly manifests a giant monster in Seoul.
- Directed and written by Nacho Vigalondo.
There's a monster in all of us.
- Have you ever noticed how it just keeps destroying everything in its path but it never looks down. It’s like it’s being operated by remote control.
- Tim: You are out of control!
- Gloria: What?
- Tim: I’ve packed your things, they’re in the bedroom.
- Gloria: What?
- Oscar: You alright?
- Gloria: Yeah, it’s this nervous tick I have, I get this itch.
- Oscar: You don’t remember anything last night, huh?
- Gloria: I got really melodramatic, didn’t I?
- Oscar: You told me that you weren’t really on a vacation, that you’ve been looking for a job for a year, your boyfriend didn’t work out. And since you didn’t have any money you decided to move back here.
- Gloria: Is there anything else?
- Oscar: You don’t remember anything?
- Gloria: I just watched the news and I think I’m in shock. A giant monster just materialized over Seoul.
- Tim: That happened like nine hours ago, and you’re just hearing about this. What have you been doing all day?
- Gloria: I’m going to show you guys something.
- Garth: Gloria, you’ve got to see this, it’s dancing.” Referring to the giant monster dancing.
- Gloria: It’s dancing like…
- Oscar: Holy shit!
- Gloria: What was that?
- Garth: A helicopter.
- Gloria: What with like the pilot and everything?
- Gloria: Keep it cool. These people are looking at us.
- Oscar: [looks at the women at the next table] Hi. She's the monster; I'm the robot.
- Gloria: [throws the bar keys towards Oscar] Here! There are your keys; I'm not coming back to your shitty bar!
- Oscar: [picking up the keys] Yeah you are.
- Gloria: [panting] Oh yeah?
- Oscar: Yeah.
- [Throws the keys at Gloria with enough force to hurt her]
- Gloria: [holding her stomach in pain] Ow!
- Oscar: [calmly] You're gonna keep working at the bar, or I'm gonna come back here tomorrow, and destroy an entire neighborhood.
- Gloria: [through her teeth, bringing her face close to Oscar's] Then I'll come back and I'll kick your fucking ass!
- Oscar: [still calm] No you won't. I'm done being Mr. Nice Guy.
- [Knocks her to the ground. Gloria grunts in pain as she hits the ground hard]
- Oscar: [leans down, calm] see you at work?
- [Gloria looks up at him speechless]
- Oscar: I'll see you at work.
- Anne Hathaway - Gloria
- Jason Sudeikis - Oscar
- Dan Stevens - Tim
- Austin Stowell - Joel
- Tim Blake Nelson - Garth
- Rukiya Bernard - Marie
- Agam Darshi - Ash
- Official website
- Colossal quotes at the Internet Movie Database
- Colossal at Rotten Tomatoes