Jump to navigation Jump to search
As Anakin Skywalker
- "I'm a person, and my name is Anakin!" (to Padmé when she asks if he's a slave)
- "Mom, you said that the biggest problem in the universe is that no one helps each other." (trying to convince his mother to help Qui-Gon Jinn)
- Obi-Wan: "Why do I get the feeling you're going to be the death of me?"
Anakin: "Don't say that, master. You're the closest thing I have to a father."
Obi-Wan: "Then why don't you listen to me?"
- Anakin (to Padmé): "From the moment I met you, all those years ago, not a day has gone by when I haven't thought of you. And now that I'm with you again... I'm in agony. The closer I get to you, the worse it gets. The thought of not being with you- I can't breathe. I'm haunted by the kiss that you should never have given me. My heart is beating... hoping that kiss will not become a scar. You are in my very soul, tormenting me... what can I do? I will do anything you ask."
Anakin: "If you are suffering as much as I am, please, tell me."
- "I killed them. I killed them all. They're dead, every single one of them. And not just the men, but the women, and the children, too! They're like animals, and I slaughtered them like animals! I hate them!" (after slaughtering the Sand People that captured/killed his mother)
- "It's all Obi-Wan's fault! He's jealous! He's holding me back! (to Padmé)
- Padmé: "You're not all-powerful, Ani."
Anakin: "Well, I should be! Some day I will be... I will be the most powerful Jedi ever. I promise you. I will even learn to stop people from dying."
- (Padme falls from the ship)
Anakin: "Padmé!! Put the ship down!"
Obi-Wan: "Anakin! Don't let your personal feelings get in the way. Follow that speeder.
Anakin: "Lower the ship!"
Obi-Wan: "I can't take Dooku alone, I need you. If we catch him, we can end this war right now. We have a job to do!"
Anakin: "I don't care, put the ship down."
Obi-Wan: "You will be expelled from the Jedi Order!"
Anakin: "I can't leave her!"
Obi-Wan: "Come to your senses! What do you think Padmé would do were she in your position?"
Anakin: "She would do her duty."
- (Anakin blocks Count Dooku's lightsaber before it hits Obi-Wan)
Dooku: "Brave of you, boy. I would have thought you had learned your lesson."
Anakin: "I am a slow learner."
- "He was an unarmed prisoner." (about Count Dooku after Anakin chopped his head off)
- "Something is happening. I'm not the Jedi I should be. I want more, but I know I shouldn't." (to Padmé)
- "You're the Sith Lord!"
- Palpatine: "Are you going to kill me?"
Anakin: "I would certainly like to."
Palpatine: "I know you would. I can feel your anger. It gives you focus, makes you stronger."
Anakin: "I'm going to turn you over to the Jedi Council."
Palpatine: "Of course, you should. But you're not so sure of their intentions, are you?"
Anakin: "I will quickly discover the truth of all this."
Palpatine: "You have great wisdom, Anakin. Know the power of the Dark Side. The power to save Padmé."
- Anakin: "Master Windu."
Windu: "Skywalker, we've just received word that Obi-Wan has destroyed General Grievous. We're on our way now to make sure the Chancellor returns emergency power back to the Senate."
Anakin: "He won't give up his power. I just learned a terrible truth. I think Chancellor Palpatine is a Sith Lord."
Windu: "A Sith Lord?"
Anakin: "Yes, the one we've been looking for."
Windu: "How do you know this?"
Anakin: "He knows the ways of the Force. He's been trained to use the Dark Side."
Windu: "Are you sure?"
Windu: "Then our worst fears have been realized. We must move quickly if the Jedi Order is to survive."
Anakin: "Master, the Chancellor is very powerful. You'll need my help if you're going to arrest him."
Windu: "For your own good, stay out of this affair. I sense a great deal of confusion in you, young Skywalker. There is much fear that clouds your judgment."
Anakin: "I must go, Master."
Windu: "No. If what you told me is true, you will have gained my trust. But for now, stay here. Wait in the Council Chamber until we return."
Anakin: "Yes, Master."
- Mace Windu: "I am going to end this, once and for all!"
Anakin: "You cant! he must stand trial."
Windu: "He has control of the Senate and the Courts! He's too dangerous to be left alive!"
Anakin: "It's not the Jedi way. He must live. (Windu raises his saber to kill Palpatine) "I need him!" (Windu still tries to kill Palpatine) "NOOOOO!" (activates lightsaber and severs Windu's lightsaber hand)
- Anakin: "What have I done?!" (after assisting Palpatine in killing Mace Windu)
Palpatine: "You're fulfilling your destiny, Anakin. Become my apprentice. Learn to use the Dark Side of the Force."
Anakin: "I will do whatever you... ask."
Anakin: "Just help me save Padmé's life. I can't live without her."
Palpatine: "To cheat death is a power only one has achieved. But if we work together, I know we can discover the secret."
Anakin: "I pledge myself to your teachings."
Palpatine: "Good... good. The Force is strong with you. A powerful Sith, you will become. Henceforth, you shall be known as Darth... Vader."
- Anakin: "Luke, help me take... this mask off."
Luke: But you'll die.
Anakin: "Nothing... can stop that now... Just for once... let me... look on you, with my own eyes." [Luke removes Vader's mask and looks at the aged Jedi] Now... go, my son. Leave me."
Luke: "No, you're coming with me. I'll not leave you here, I've got to save you!"
Anakin: "You already have, Luke. You were right. You were right about me. Tell your sister, you were right." (Before dying in Luke's arms)
As Darth Vader
- "Thank you... my master."
- "I agree, the Council's next move will be against the Senate."
- "What about the other Jedi spread across the Galaxy?"
- "The Separatists have been 'taken care of', my Master."
- Darth Vader: "I saw your ship. What are you doing out here?"
Padmé: "I was worried. Obi-Wan told me terrible things."
Vader: "What things?"
Padmé: "He said you turned to the Dark Side, that you killed younglings."
Vader: "Obi-Wan is trying to turn you against me."
Padmé: "He cares about us."
Padmé: "He knows, he wants to help you. Anakin, all I want is your love."
Vader: "Love won't save you, Padmé, only my new powers can do that."
Padmé: "But at what cost? You're a good person, Anakin, don't do this."
Vader: "I won't lose you the way I lost my mother. I am becoming more powerful than any Jedi has ever dreamed of. And I'm doing it for you, to protect you."
Padmé: "Come away with me, help me raise our child. Leave everything else behind while we still can!"
Vader: "Don't you see, we don't have to run away anymore. I have brought peace to the Republic. I am more powerful than the Chancellor, I can overthrow him. Then together, you and I can rule the Galaxy, make things the way we want them to be."
Padmé: "I don't believe what I'm hearing. Obi-Wan was right, you've changed."
Vader: "I don't want to hear anymore about Obi-Wan. The Jedi turned against me. Don't you turn against me!"
Padmé: "I don't know you anymore. Anakin, you're breaking my heart. You're going down a path I can't follow."
Vader: "Because of Obi-Wan?"
Padmé: "Because of what you've done, what you plan to do. Stop! Stop now! Come back! I love you!"
Vader: (discovers Obi-Wan) "Liar!"
Vader: "You're with him! You brought him here to kill me!" (force-chokes Padmé)
Obi-Wan: "Let her go, Anakin!"
Padmé: (weakly) "Anakin..."
Obi-Wan: "Let her go!"
- Darth Vader: "You turned her against me!!!"
Obi-Wan Kenobi: "You have done that yourself!"
Vader: "You will not take her from me!"
Obi-Wan: "Your anger and your lust for power have already done that!"
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: "You have allowed this Dark Lord to twist your mind, until now you have become the very thing you swore to destroy."
Darth Vader: "Don't lecture me, Obi-Wan. I see through the lies of the Jedi. I do not fear the Dark Side as you do. I have brought peace, freedom, justice and security to my new empire!"
Obi-Wan: "Your new empire?"
Vader: "Don't make me kill you."
Obi-Wan: "Anakin, my allegiance is to the Republic, TO DEMOCRACY!!"
Vader: "If you're not with me, then you're my enemy!"
Obi-Wan: "Only a Sith deals in absolutes. I will do what I must."
Vader: "You will try."
- Obi-Wan: "I have failed you, Anakin. I have failed you."
Vader: "I should've known the Jedi were plotting to take over!"
Obi-Wan: "Anakin, Chancellor Palpatine is evil!"
Vader: "From my point of view, the Jedi are evil!"
Obi-Wan: "Well, then you are lost!"
Vader: "This is the end for you, my master."
- Obi-Wan: "It's over, Anakin! I have the high-ground!"
Vader: "You underestimate my power!"
Obi-Wan: "Don't try it."
- Obi-Wan: "You were the Chosen One! It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them! Bring balance to the Force, not leave it in darkness!"
Vader (screaming): "I hate you!"
Obi-Wan: "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you."
- Palpatine: "Lord Vader, can you hear me?"
Vader: "Yes, Master. Where is Padmé? Is she safe? Is she alright?"
Palpatine:"It seems, in your anger, you killed her."
Vader: "I... I couldn't have. She was alive! I felt it!" (screams violently and destroys many medical droids) "NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!"
- "Be careful not to choke on your aspirations, Krennic."
- "Where are those transmissions you intercepted? What have you done with those plans?"
- "If this is a consular ship, where is the ambassador?" (while holding an officer serving under Captain Antilles and choking the officer to death)
- "Commander, tear this ship apart until you've found those plans, and bring me the passengers, I want them alive!"
- "You are a part of the Rebel Alliance, and a traitor. Take her away!" (first sentence to Leia, second sentence to the Stormtroopers)
- "Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force." (to Admiral Motti)
- "I find your lack of faith disturbing." (while Force-choking Admiral Motti)
- Tarkin: "Vader, release him!"
Vader: "As you wish..." (Vader releases Motti)
- "Escape is not his plan. I must face him, alone." (to Grand Moff Tarkin)
- "Your powers are weak, old man." (to Obi-Wan Kenobi)
- "When I left you I was but the learner, now I am the master." (to Obi-Wan Kenobi)
- "This will be a day long remembered. It has seen the end of Kenobi, and will soon see the end of the Rebellion."
- "The Force is strong with this one." (about Luke Skywalker)
- "I have you now!" (attempting to shoot down Luke Skywalker)
- "Apology accepted, Captain Needa." (after Force-choking him to death)
- Vader: "There will be a substantial reward for the one who finds the Millennium Falcon. You are free to use any methods necessary, but I want them alive. No disintegrations."
Boba Fett: "As you wish."
- "The Force is with you young Skywalker... but you are not a Jedi yet."
- "All too easy."
- "Perhaps you are not as strong as the Emperor thought."
- "Impressive... Most impressive."
- Vader: "Luke, you do not yet realize your importance. You have only begun to discover your power. Join me, and I will complete your training. With our combined strength, we can end this destructive conflict, and bring order to the galaxy."
Luke: "I'll never join you!"
Vader: "If you only knew the power of the Dark Side. Obi-Wan never told you what happened to your father..."
Luke: "He told me enough... he told me you killed him."
Vader: "No... I am your father."
- "Join me, and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son!"
- "What is thy bidding, my master?"
- "You have failed me for the last time, Admiral."
- "Obi-Wan has taught you well."
- "Don't make me destroy you."
- "Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses."
- Vader: "What is thy bidding, my Master?"
Palpatine: "There is a great disturbance in the Force."
Vader: "I have felt it."
Palpatine: "We have a new enemy: Luke Skywalker."
Vader: "Yes, my Master."
Palpatine: "He could destroy us."
Vader: "He's just a boy, Obi-Wan can no longer help him".
Palpatine: "The Force is strong with him. The son of Skywalker must not become a Jedi."
Vader: "If he could be turned, he would become a powerful ally..."
Palpatine: "Yes. Yes. He would be a great asset. Can it be done?"
Vader: "He will join us, or die, Master."
- "Alert my Star Destroyer to prepare for my arrival."
- Vader: (through the Force) "Luke."
Luke: (lying in the Millennium Falcon's med bay) "Father?"
Vader: "Son, come with me."
- "You may dispense with the pleasantries, Commander. I am here to put you back on schedule."
- "He is most displeased with your apparent lack of progress."
- "The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am."
- "He will come to me?"
- "Give yourself to the Dark Side. It is the only way you can save your friends. Yes, your thoughts betray you. Your feelings for them are strong."
- "What of the reports of the rebel fleet massing near Sullust?"
- "I see you have constructed a new lightsaber. Your skills are complete."
- "Indeed you are powerful, as the Emperor has forseen."
- Vader: "So, you have accepted the truth?"
Luke: "I've accepted the truth that you were once Anakin Skywalker, my father."
Vader: "That name no longer has any meaning for me."
- "It is too late for me, my son."
- "You don't know the power of the Dark Side. I must obey my master."
- "You are unwise to lower your defenses!"
- Luke: "Your thoughts betray you, father. I feel the good in you, the conflict."
Vader: "There is no conflict."
Luke: "You couldn't bring yourself to kill me before, and I don't believe you'll destroy me now."
Vader: "You under estimate the power of the dark side. If you will not fight, then you will meet your destiny!"
- "So... you have a twin sister? Your feelings have now betrayed her, too. Obi-Wan was wise to hide her from me; now his failure is complete. If you will not turn to the dark side, then perhaps she will." (referring to Luke's sister, Leia)
About Darth Vader
- "Twisted by the Dark Side, young Skywalker has become. The boy you trained... gone he is... consumed by Darth Vader." —Yoda (to Obi-Wan)
- "You will not stop me, Darth Vader will become more powerful than either of us!" - Darth Sidious (to Yoda)
- "Your father was seduced by the Dark Side of the Force. He ceased to be Anakin Skywalker, and became Darth Vader. When that happened, the good man that was your father was destroyed." - Obi-Wan Kenobi (to Luke Skywalker)
- "He's more machine now, than man. Twisted and evil." - Obi-Wan Kenobi (to Luke Skywalker)
- "... the person who you thought was the villain, is really the victim." - George Lucas in the documentary, The Chosen One