Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (or simply Rogue One) is a 2016 American epic space opera film directed by Gareth Edwards and written by Chris Weitz and Tony Gilroy, from a story by John Knoll and Gary Whitta. It is the first stand-alone film in the Star Wars Anthology series, and focuses around Jyn Erso, the daughter of the unwilling designer of the Galactic Empire's superweapon, the Death Star, and her quest to retrieve his plans for destroying it.
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- We have hope. Rebellions are built on hope!
- This is our chance to make a real difference.
- [in holomessage to Saw Guerrera] Saw, if you're watching this, then perhaps there is a chance to save the Alliance. Perhaps there's a chance to explain myself and, though I don't dare hope for too much, a chance for Jyn, if she's alive, if you can possibly find her to let her know that my love for her has never faded and how desperately I've missed her.
- Jyn, my Stardust, I can't imagine what you think of me. When I was taken, I faced some bitter truths. I was told that soon enough, Krennic would have you as well. As time went by, I knew that you were either dead or so well hidden that he would never find you. I knew if I refused to work, if I took my own life, it would only be a matter of time before Krennic realized he no longer needed me to complete the project. So I did the one thing that nobody expected: I lied. I learned to lie. I played the part of a beaten man resigned to the sanctuary of his work. I made myself indispensable, and all the while I laid the groundwork of my revenge.
- We call it the Death Star. There is no better name, and the day is coming soon when it will be unleashed. I've placed a weakness deep within the system. A flaw so small and powerful, they will never find it. But Jyn, Jyn, if you're listening...My beloved, so much of my life has been wasted. I try to think of you only in the moments when I'm strong, because the pain of not having you with me. Your mother. Our family. The pain of that loss is so overwhelming I risk failing even now. It's just so hard not to think of you. Think of where you are. My Stardust.
- Saw, the reactor module, that's the key. That's the place I've laid my trap. It's well hidden and unstable, one blast to any part of it will destroy the entire station. You'll need the plans, the structural plans for the Death Star to find the reactor. I know there's a complete engineering archive in the data vault at the Citadel Tower on Scarif. Any pressurized explosion to the reactor module will set off a chain reaction that will destroy the entire station...
- I'm one with the Force, and the Force is with me.
- I fear nothing. All is as the Force wills it.
- The strongest stars have hearts of kyber.
- [as a bag is being put over his head] Are you kidding me?! I'm blind!
- [having chokeslammed Jyn Erso for trying to escape on her own] Congratulations. You're being rescued. Please do not resist.
- [after Jyn blasts a KX-security droid that resembles him] Did you know that wasn't me?
- I'm standing by as you requested, although there's a problem on the horizon. There is no horizon.
- Jyn, I'll be there for you. Cassian said I had to.
- I find that answer vague and unconvincing.
- Diagnostics? I'm capable of running my own diagnostics, thank you very much.
- [After Tarkin says he's taking over the Death Star constructions] We stand here amidst my achievement!! Not yours!!
- Your concern is hardly warranted.
- [Galen Erso goes out of his house on Lah'mu to meet Director Krennic and his Death Troopers]
- Galen Erso: What is it you want?
- Orson Krennic: The work has stalled. I need you to come back.
- Erso: I won't do it, Krennic.
- Krennic: We were on the verge of greatness. We were [gestures with pinched fingers] this close to providing peace and security for the galaxy.
- Erso: You're confusing peace...with terror.
- Krennic: Well, you have to start somewhere.
- [Director Krennic steps onto the bridge of Grand Moff Tarkin's Imperial I-class Star Destroyer Execurtix at the Death Star construction site, as the planet-killing superlaser is being installed]
- Tarkin: Most unfortunate about the security breach on Jedha, Director Krennic. After so many setbacks and delays, and now this. [turns to face Krennic] We've heard word of rumors circulating through the city. Apparently, you've lost a rather talkative cargo pilot. If the Senate gets wind of our project, countless systems will flock to the Rebellion.
- Krennic: When the battle station is finished, Governor Tarkin, the Senate will be of little concern.
- Tarkin: "When" has become "now", Director Krennic. The Emperor will tolerate no further delay. You have made time an ally of the Rebellion. I suggest we solve both problems simultaneously with an immediate test of the weapon. Failure will find you explaining why to a far less...patient audience.
- Krennic: [glaring] I will not fail.
- [Director Krennic arrives at Darth Vader's castle on Mustafar, after the Death Star test on Jedha and the attack on Eadu; the doors open and Vader walks down the platform]
- Darth Vader: Director Krennic.
- Krennic: Lord Vader.
- Vader: You seem unsettled.
- Krennic: No, just...pressed for time. There's a great many things to attend to...
- Vader: [sarcastic] My apologies. You do have a great many things to explain.
- Krennic: [looking nervous, as Vader paces around him] I delivered the weapon the Emperor requested. I deserve an audience to make certain he understands its remarkable...potential.
- Vader: Its power to create problems has certainly been confirmed. A city destroyed. An Imperial facility openly attacked.
- Krennic: It was Governor Tarkin who suggested the test.
- Vader: You were not summoned here to grovel, Director Krennic.
- Krennic: No, it's—
- Vader: There is no Death Star. The Senate has been informed that Jedha was destroyed in a mining disaster.
- Krennic: [resigned] Yes, my lord.
- Vader: I expect you not to rest until you can assure the Emperor that Galen Erso has not compromised this weapon in any way. [turns and walks back up the ramp]
- Krennic: So I'm...still in command? [Vader stops walking, his back facing Krennic] You'll speak to the Emperor about... [stops breathing, and falls to the ground. Vader turns around with his arm partly raised, showing that he's Force-choking Krennic]
- Vader: Be careful not to choke on your aspirations, Director. [releases his Force-grip and walks away, leaving Krennic gasping on the ground]
- [Jyn proposes to the Alliance Council a raid on Scarif to get the Death Star plans, but runs into objections]
- Tynnra Pamlo: If the Empire has this kind of power, what chance do we have?
- Jyn Erso: What chance do we have? The question is what choice? Run? Hide? Plead for mercy? Scatter your forces? You give way to an enemy this evil with this much power and you condemn the galaxy to an eternity of submission. [Rebel personnel grumble in agreement] The time to fight is now!
- [After Cassian reveals some Rebel troops are volunteering to join Jyn on the Scarif raid]
- K-2SO: Jyn, I'll be there for you. [pause] Cassian said I had to.
- Jyn: Charming.
- Captain Raymus Antilles: Your Highness, the transmission we received. [hands Princess Leia the Death Star schematics] What is it they've sent us?
- Princess Leia Organa: Hope.
- Saw Gerrera: You can stand to see the Imperial flag reign across the sky?
- Jyn Erso: It's not a problem if you don't look up.
- Jyn Erso: You can't talk your way around this.
- Cassian Andor: I don't have to.
- A rebellion built on hope.
- Save the Rebellion. Save the dream.
- Felicity Jones - Jyn Erso
- Diego Luna - Cassian Andor
- Ben Mendelsohn - Orson Krennic
- Donnie Yen - Chirrut Îmwe
- Mads Mikkelsen - Galen Erso
- Alan Tudyk - K-2SO
- Riz Ahmed - Bodhi Rook
- Jiang Wen - Baze Malbus
- Forest Whitaker - Saw Gerrera
- James Earl Jones - Darth Vader
The Phantom Menace (1999) · Attack of the Clones (2002) · Revenge of the Sith (2005)
The Force Awakens (2015) · Rogue One (2016) · The Last Jedi (2017)