Jump to navigation Jump to search
David Tennant, the stage name of David John McDonald (born 18 April 1971) is a Scottish television, film and stage actor from Bathgate in West Lothian, best known as the tenth actor to portray the Doctor in the television series Doctor Who.
- I often stop when I'm doing something, in the middle of rehearsals or some other job, and I try to take a minute to think "Okay, this might be as good as it gets, so drink it in, appreciate it now". So far, I've been lucky because another job has always come along to equal the last.
- The Doctor does have some long speeches and he talks very quickly. Learning all his babble can take a while, but it's very well written babble so I don't mind and you do get quicker. When I filmed Recovery during the break in Doctor Who I would sit down at the weekend and learn the script in an hour and I was like 'Hang on??' You do get used to it though.
- I really wouldn't. We have such good writers on the show. And I couldn't walk up to Russell and hand it over and say 'Here's 45 minutes for you' and then he would have to hand it back and say 'Thanks, but it's shit!'
- When asked if he'd ever write an episode, in Davidtennant.com exclusive interview (February 2007)
- I would quite like to try my hand at directing although I would do it in the theatre rather than in TV or film. Theatre is more just about telling the story. I understand the way the theatre works. I will leave the TV to the experts. Doctor Who is very complicated to direct. It would be impossible to direct that and act in it as well.
- About being on the other side of the camera, in Davidtennant.com exclusive interview (February 2007)
- Billie and I got chased through the traffic once in a car. You expect paparazzi to do that, but when it's normal people you start to think the world's gone a bit mad.
- Back in 2005, when I was Christopher Eccleston, we saw one of the largest increases on record, of CO2 in the atmosphere. Unless we keep the rise in global temperature to under 2 degrees, by the time I'm Daniel Radcliffe or wee Jimmy Crankie, I won't be able to save the planet. I won't be here to help you -- well I might, but I'll be that bloke who won Any Dream Will Do.
- Live Earth concert 2007
- I was once asked for my autograph in the shower on one of my rare visits to the gym. I was washing my hair, facing the wall, when I was tapped on the shoulder so already it's quite inappropriate. I turned round and there was another naked man standing there with a piece of paper. And I think 'if you can't see how inappropriate this I am just going to have to play along' so I took the paper, which is slowly becoming mulch, and carved my name in it.
- Getting the call to be in The Goblet of Fire was like being welcomed into the most exclusive upper circle of some elite actors' club. You sit on set with the cream of the National Theatre and the RSC, all clutching wands or wearing witches' hats.
- Radio Times (16-22 July 2011)
- [About Donald Trump] When he was over here, he was saying that he was going up to Scotland, my golf course in Scotland, cause people in London are protesting but up in Scotland they really like me. Can I say on behalf of the Scottish nation? We fucking don’t.
- The Last Leg (3 August 2018)
- Graham Norton welcomes David Tennant, Catherine Tate, Josh Groban and Jon Richardson. BBC Press Office (15 April 2011). Retrieved on 15 April 2011.