Deepak Chopra (दीपक चोपड़ा; born October 22, 1946) is an Indian medical doctor and writer. He has written extensively on spirituality and diverse topics in mind-body medicine. He claims to be influenced by the teachings of Vedanta and the Bhagavad Gita from his native India, and quantum physics. He also said that he has been profoundly influenced by the teachings of J Krishnamurti. His teachings have had a profound influence on the The New Thought Movement which has embraced him in the U.S.
|This article on an author is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- It’s time to rescue "intelligent design" from the politics of religion. There are too many riddles not yet answered by either biology or the Bible, and by asking them honestly, without foregone conclusions, science could take a huge leap forward.
- To say that Nature displays intelligence doesn't make you a Christian fundamentalist. Einstein said as much, and a fascinating theory called the anthropic principle has been seriously considered by Stephen Hawking, among others.
- "Intelligent Design Without the Bible" in The Huffington Post (23 August 2005)
- Laughter is Humanity's mechanism to escape suffering.
- "Iconoclasts" Sundance Channel Original Series episode 3.03 (Original Air Date: 8 November 2007)
- Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future. The past is closed and limited; the future is open and free.
- The Path to Love: Spiritual Strategies for Healing, p. 170