Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Deus Ex: Human Revolution is a cyberpunk-themed action role-playing video game developed by Eidos Montreal and published by Square Enix, which also produced the game's CGI sequences. Originally released in August 2011 for PC, Playstation 3 and Xbox 360, it is the third game in the Deus Ex series, and a prequel to the original game released in 2000.
- 1 Adam Jensen
- 2 Arie Van Bruggen
- 3 Faridah Malik
- 4 Eliza Cassan
- 5 Jaron Namir
- 6 Lawrence Barrett
- 7 Frank Pritchard
- 8 Bob Page
- 9 Megan Reed
- 10 David Sarif
- 11 William Taggart
- 12 Zhao Yun Run
- 13 Anonymous X Conversation
- 14 "Dogmentation" Discussion
- 15 Tong Si Hung
- 16 Others
- 17 See also
- 18 External links
- "I never asked for this."
- "Yeah, RIP."
- "You do know more that what you told me."
- "You're talking about (chuckles) the Illuminati?"
- To a bouncer in The Hive in Hengsha. "Kinda hard to tell one lackey from another in here. You boys all look alike to me."
- "Any time...fly girl."
- After seeing a demonstration of the Typhoon aug. "You're right, a teacher would just love to have one of those things."
- (sarcastically) "I like everyone, Doctor Reed."
- "This isn't a booty call Van Bruggen."
- "I don't even know what side I'm on anymore."
- "Calm the fuck down and think!"
- "Aw, shit!"
- "If you want to make enemies....try to change something."
- "Do I trust Mankind to save itself? That's what Eliza was asking. The truth is, I don't know. After everything I've seen, all the fighting, and the chaos around me. I only know what I want to believe: somehow, human decency will triumph. These past few months, I faced many life-threatening situations. I could have given up many times, but my need to know the truth, to uncover the secrets that others were hiding, and to survive, forced me to keep on going. Most of the time, I tried to keep my values in mind, knowing my actions did not have to harm others. I held on to my humanity, resisting the urge to abuse power or resources in order to meet my goals. And in the end, I got the job done. But does this mean I have the right to choose for everyone? No. Because it isn't up to me. It isn't up to Darrow. Sarif, or Taggart, either. Ordinary men and women will have to decide together what course mankind should take. The kind of people who, time and time again, have picked and chosen the future in highly practical ways - slowing change when it's negative, speeding it up when it's good. Can they do it again? I don't know. But I do know I'm not about to let anyone in this station, including myself, stand in their way."
- "I'll never stop looking."
- "The year is 2027."
- "Corporations have more power than the government."
Arie Van Bruggen
- "I am looking at your bank account, and...you know, Sarif really ought to pay you more..."
- "Sorry man, you're not my type."
- "Hey! Sarif-Man!"
- "Jensen, if you even think about using that CASIE mod on me, I'll hit you."
- "And... Thanks, Spy Boy."
- "It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here."
- "She's coming Adam. Run."
- "Be careful Adam, because everybody lies."
- "No loose ends Barrett!"
- "Men like us...we never get back the things we love."
- "You should have stayed dead Jensen!"
- "Well lookie here. We got us a boy scout."
- "Tell 'em Barrett sent you straight to hell!
- Oh, and by the way, Jensen? I know you have gone through a lot of physical changes as of late, but you didn't become a woman. Stay out of the ladies restroom.
- "Oh goodie. I'll be sure to take notes."
- "Stick to kicking down doors and shooting people Jensen, and stop trying to do my job. I guarantee you'll get along better that way."
- "Maybe this time you'll actually save people."
- If the player does a non-lethal or mostly non-lethal run through the first mission. "Well if it isn't Mahatma Gandhi himself, come to save us all with his life-preserving presence!"
- If the player does a lethal or mostly lethal run through the first mission. "Well if it isn't Attila the Hun himself, fresh from the killing fields."
- "About time! What, did you get stuck in an airduct on the way here?"
- "...but please, call me Bob."
- "What do you mean, almost?"
- "No regrets my dear. As Ariadne told Theseus before he entered the Minotaur's labyrinth: 'Always forward...never left or right.'"
- "But this discovery Adam. It's big. Kepler big. Rosetta Stone big... They'll want to know how I found it."
- "These people, they're like ghosts. Always in the shadows, always hiding behind lies and proxy soldiers."
- When referring to the Illuminati. "A name won't mean much, they'll use whichever one suits their interests. Sometimes it's the Masons, sometimes the Bilderberg Group. They've had a finger in every corporation, organization, or government initiative that has defined modern society!"
- "Some people will be left behind. It's evolution!"
- "They cannot stop us. They cannot stop the future."
- "The body may heal, but the mind is not always so resilient."
Zhao Yun Run
- "These men, they control global interests on a whim!"
- "Men never fail to underestimate women."
Anonymous X Conversation
If the player picks the wrong phrase.
- Adam Jensen: "Something, something, Death and taxes. Confucius."
- Anonymous X: "What? Wait, that- That's not it at all! That's not even close!"
- Adam Jensen: "Does it matter?
- Anonymous X: "Of course it matters! Otherwise, how am I supposed to know you're- You were supposed to say 'death and life have their determined appointments'! Then I say 'riches and honor depend upon heaven'!"
- Adam Jensen: "Okay. 'Death and life have their determined appointments'."
- Anonymous X: "Riches and hon- Oh never mind! You ruined the whole thing!"
If the player chooses the "Impatient" option.
- Jensen: "Nice hat. I'm here for Evelyn's autopsy report."
- Anonymous X: "What? Are you mad?!"
- Jensen: "No, just impatient."
- Male Punk: "I'm thinking about getting my pitbull augmented. Get him some cyberpaws and cyberfangs and shit. Throw him into the ring!"
- Female Punk: "Dogmentation?"
- Male Punk: "Yeah word! We should...what do you call that? Register? Patent?"
- Female Punk: "Copyright."
- Male Punk: "Yeah, copyright. Let's copyright that shit. Dogmentation. Yo, we gonna be rich man!"
Tong Si Hung
- I'm disappointed in you, Jensen. I thought we were friends. But then my hacker goes missing, you break into my place of business, half my men end up dead, and you don't even have manners enough to knock when you enter a room.
- When inquired about Van Bruggen. "Never heard of him. What he do? Steal your girl, owe you money?"
- "This place isn't called The Hive for nothing. It's got plenty of worker bees coming out of the paneling to stop you."
- [Inscription on memorial in Sarif Industries lobby] "They shall not grow old as we who are left grow old; Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn." In our hearts and in our minds, their devotion to science will always be remembered. To us, they have found immortality.
- DRB Member: No jacking off with the rocket launcher.
- Chinese civilian: Hey American! Go Yankees!
- Detroit Civilian: You know who is behind these attacks on Sarif Industries don't you? The same people who faked 9/11.
- [If Jensen has a weapon out.] Detroit Civilian: "Get that shit outta my face, 'fore I shove it up yo' ass!"
Conversation between Mei and her manager
- Mei: "Tell your customers to get augmentations themselves and go fuck themselves!"
- Manager: "I'm sure some of them already have..."