Donald Franciszek Tusk (born 22 April 1957) was Prime Minister of Poland from 2007 to 2014, having also been co-founder and former chairman of the Civic Platform (Platforma Obywatelska) party. He became President of the European Council on 1 December 2014.
- We want to understand democracy as an endless discussion, or a constant debate when we choose a path. (...) But when the consensus comes, (...) we work as one body.
- Speech during Platorma Obywatelska congress in Chorzów (29 June 2013)
- Europe is not old, haggard or barren. Europe is young, dynamic and vital. Our continent remains the best place in the world to live.
- Speech to the European Parliament (13 January 2015)
- I can confirm that Poland will join the euro zone, and not just because all the treaties are signed, but because I consider it of strategic interest both for Poland and the European Union. But only a fool would believe that the euro could provide a guarantee that a financial crisis would never happen again.
- 'I'm incapable of getting angry with Angela Merkel.'
- Europe should be grateful by President Trump, because thanks to him we have got rid of old illusions. He has made us realise that if you need a helping hand, you will find one at the end of your arm.
Quotes about Tusk
- Mr Tusk, who has been given to using the analogies of the divorce and divorce petition, is behaving like a cuckolded husband who is taking it out on the children.
- Fabian Picardo - "Gibraltar leader says EU chief Donald Tusk 'behaving like a cuckolded husband'". The Independent. 3 April 2017. Retrieved on 16 October 2017.