Douglas Robert Ford Jr. (born November 20, 1964) is a Canadian businessman and politician serving as the 26th and current premier of Ontario since June 2018. A member of the Progressive Conservative (PC) Party, he represents the Toronto area riding of Etobicoke North in the Legislative Assembly of Ontario. He is the brother of former Toronto Mayor Rob Ford.
- Sorry I was late this morning, I had to take two showers to wipe the tire marks off my back. In saying that, I’d be more than happy to be thrown underneath the bus for my brother any day, by the way.
- Defending his brother's transit policies (7 March 2012)
- I’m in favour of getting rid of all taxes, as much as we can.
- on the projected Toronto City Council budget surplus (29 May 2012)
- Absolutely I smoked pot in high school. I don’t like drugs. I don’t even take Aspirin. I don’t drink. I haven’t drank since I’ve been 18 years old... I despise drugs and I’ve done everything I can to stop drugs in my community.
- I brought my kids down there and I wouldn’t bring my kids back when there’s buck-naked men running down the street.
- Defending his brother's decision not to attend the Toronto Pride Parade (6 February 2014)
- You've ruined the community. You can't destroy a community like this. People have worked 30 years for their home. My heart goes out to kids with autism. But no one told me they'd be leaving the house. If it comes down to it, I'll buy the house myself and resell it.
- You can be racist against people who have a drinking problem. You can be racist against people that eat little red apples.
- He can go to hell, I don’t even care. This is not normal in democracy. It is a full out jihad against us right now.
- I can’t stand that little bitch.
- On a Toronto Star reporter during the 2014 Toronto Mayoral election (22 October 2014)
- If I ever get to the provincial level of politics, municipal affairs is the first thing I would want to change. I think mayors across the province deserve stronger powers. One person in charge, with veto power, similar to the strong mayoral systems in New York and Chicago and L.A.
- It’d be important to be able to communicate with part of our country that speaks French — I love Quebec, I love Quebecers.
- Sex ed curriculum should be about facts, not teaching Liberal ideology.
- I can't think of a more life-changing procedure for a young woman than an abortion... I don't know too many parents that would approve any of their kids going on a field trip without their knowledge. I don't see anyone ever approving an operation on their children when they're 12- and 13-years-old without approval.
- On abortion during the 2018 PC Party leadership election (5 March 2018)
- My friends, a new day has dawned on Ontario! A day of opportunity, a day of prosperity and a day of growth. We’re going to turn this province around, so our children and their children will always be proud to call Ontario home. We will make sure Ontario is the greatest place on Earth to live, to do business and to raise a family. And we will make Ontario once again the engine of Canada.
- All I heard everywhere I went was buck-a-beer, buck-a-beer, buck-a-beer. So sometimes the media, ourselves even, we live in a bubble and you don’t realize some of the kitchen table issues people want to get done.
- Announcing the "Buck-a-beer policy (28 August 2018)
- They do not get to just walk away from this. We will demand answers about where the money went. A lot of the Liberals got rich, really really rich, under Kathleen Wynne and off the backs of the taxpayers of Ontario.
- I think we all know what kind of crazy Marxist nonsense student unions get up to. So, we fixed that. Student union fees are now opt-in.
- Defending his government's Student Choice Initiative policy(11 February 2019)
- Hey Michael, it’s Doug Ford calling. Thanks so much for the message my friend. Uh, you know something? I love those polls. They make me laugh. But Michael, you got to be very, very careful when you tell someone that they’re corrupt. Very, very, very careful. OK, my friend? I’ll talk to you later.
- Responding to a parent accusing him of corruption (24 May 2019)
- What boggles my mind: we’re pouring, pouring money into autism, and focused on it, listening to the experts, not the bunch of politicians, but listening to the experts. We’re helping them and they’re protesting? I don’t know. I question that.
- God bless the president [Donald Trump]] and don’t get me wrong. Full disclosure: I’m a big Republican, I’m a supporter, conservative-minded and Jason’s probably more conservative than I am. But, you know, this protectionism, it’s just not going to work.
- On a business visit to Ohio with Albertan Premier Jason Kenney (20 September 2019)
- We have a bunch of yahoos out in the front of Queen’s Park sitting there protesting that the place isn’t open, as they are breaking the law. And putting everyone in jeopardy, putting themselves in jeopardy, putting workers in jeopardy and god forbid one of them ends up in the hospital down the street.
- On anti-lockdown protestors in Queen's Park (25 April 2020)
- Am I frustrated? Yeah I am frustrated but I have confidence in the team. I will be like an 800-pound gorilla on their backs every single day if I have to until I see these numbers go up.
- On COVID-19 testing in Ontario] (21 May 2020)
- People shouldn't be sharing anything. I don't care if it's those doobies, joints, whatever you want to call them, or drinks, or anything; just don't share 'em, simple. And wear a face covering.
- Asking Ontarians to be careful socialising during the COVID-19 pandemic (4 September 2020)
- I don’t get. I just don’t get it. If we weren’t so backlogged on MRIs, I’d send you to the MRI to get your brain scanned because I just don’t think there is anything in there.
- On an anti-lockdown protest in Hamilton, Ontario (21 September 2020)
- Nothing is more important than getting these vaccines. If I was in his [Justin Trudeau's] shoes … I’d be up that [Pfizer] guy’s ying yang so far with a firecracker he wouldn’t know what hit him. I would be outside that guy’s house every time he moved.
- On Canadian COVID-19 vaccine procurement (19 January 2021)
- We will never stop issuing MZOs for the people of Ontario, the people that need housing. There are 40,000 people moving in the GTA, the fastest-growing region in North America. If it was up to the NDP they’d be living in mud huts right now.
- Defending his government's use of minister's zoning orders (9 March 2021)