Edgar Cayce (pronounced /'keɪsiː/; 18 March 1877 – 3 January 1945) was an American psychic who channeled answers to questions on subjects such as astrology, reincarnation, and Atlantis while in trance.
- Know that all healing forces are within, not without! The applications from without are merely to create within a coordinating mental and spiritual force.
- The Edgar Cayce Remedies, p. 16
- Remember, the body does gradually renew itself constantly. Do not look upon the conditions which have existed as not being to be eradicated from the system. Hold to that KNOWLEDGE- and don't think of it as just therapy-that the body CAN, the body DOES, renew itself!
- The Edgar Cayce Remedies, p. 16 )
- Will tomorrow ever come? This depends upon the purposes, aims, desires, hopes and fears! Does the body desire to get well? Is God in his Heaven? Are the lives and activities of those ye touch helped through the spreading of His work? Do you need to get well? These are all answered in self. He withholds no good thing from those who serve Him. Let ALL remember that, believe it, know it! For it IS the truth! Each illness, each disturbance is sin at thy door! The Edgar Cayce Remedies, p. 254
- Cayce answered this to the question Will I ever get well?
On Vocational Choices
- Forget the financial angle and consider rather which is the best outlet for the greatest contribution you can make towards making the world a better place in which to live. Efforts should never be expended purely for mercenary reasons. Pecuniary gains should come as a result of the entity's using his abilities in the direction of being helpful. ( Many Mansions Chapter 20 - A Philosophy of Vocational Choice )
- Cayce answered this in reply to a gifted 13 year old boy's question Which of my aptitudes should I follow for the greatest success in adult life, financially?
- Leave off the 'financially'.Let the financial be the result of honest, sincere desire to be and live so that others may know the way also. Good gives the increase. ( Many Mansions Chapter 20 - A Philosophy of Vocational Choice )
- Cayce answered this to another financial related question In what field of endeavor am I most likely to succeed financially?
- Encouraging the weak and the faint; giving strength and courage to those who have faltered. ( Many Mansions Chapter 20 - A Philosophy of Vocational Choice )
- When a woman of forty-nine asks: What is my true life work?
- In those ways that open to you day by day. It isn't always the individual that plans to accomplish some great deed that does the most. It is the one who meets the opportunities and privileges which are accorded it day by day. As such opportunities are used, there are better ways opened. For what we use in the way of helpfulness to others, increases in itself. Begin with what you are! ( Many Mansions Chapter 20 - A Philosophy of Vocational Choice )
- Please give a detailed account as to how I can best serve humanity
- The Lord, marks the fall of the smallest sparrow. He knows how so many in authority treat the infirm and the aged. Look at the Napoleons, Caesars and the like. Rather than casting themselves in God's image they made Gods of themselves. and were destroyed. ( Edgar Cayce On the Millennium Chapter One - The great new planet earth. )
- Don't worry so much where you live but how you live. Make the family of man your family as well. ( Edgar Cayce On the Millennium Chapter One - The great new planet earth. )
- Cayce answered this to a minister's question - Where is the safest place to live?
- Yes, we have the body here; this we have had before.
- As we find, there have been physical improvements in the body, yet there is much, much to be desired.
- As already indicated, this is a karmic condition and there must be measures taken by the entity to change its attitude toward things, conditions, and its fellow man.
- So long as mechanical things were applied for physical correction, improvements were seen.
- But when the entity becomes so self-satisfied, so self-centered, as to refuse spiritual things, and does not change its attitude; so long as there is hate, malice, injustice, jealousy; so long as there is anything within at variance with patience, long suffering, brotherly love, kindness, gentleness, there cannot be a healing of the condition of this body.
- What does the entity want to be healed for? That it may gratify its own physical appetites? That it may add to its own selfishness? Then, if so, it had better remain as it is.
- If there is a change in mind and purpose, and if the entity expresses the change in speech and action, and if there is the application of those material things suggested, we will see improvement.
- But first there must be the change of heart, of mind, of purpose, of intent.... all of the mechanical appliance that you can muster will not bring about complete recovery unless your purpose and your soul have been baptized with the holy spirit.... will you accept, will you reject? It is up to you.
- We are through – unless you make amends.
- We are through with this reading. ( Many Mansions, Chapter 8 – Karma and problems of health. )
- Cayce gave this reading to a man who had religiously followed the prescription and had immediately seen the improvements. The improvements continued for few months, but after which a relapse seemed to appear.
- If the experience is used for self-indulgence, self-aggrandizement, or self-exaltation, the entity does so to its own undoing, and creates for itself that which has been called karma and which must be met. And in meeting every error, every trail, every temptation, whether they may be mental or physical experiences, the approach to it should always be in the attitude of: “Not my will, but Thine, O God, be done in and through me.” ( Many Mansions, Chapter 7 – Karma in suspension. )
- Edgar Cayce gave this reading to counsel for taking proper attitude towards karma.
- And the entity laughed at those who were crippled in the arena and lo! That selfsame thing returns to you!( Many Mansions, Chapter 5 – Karma of mockery. )
- This reading was given to a woman who was crippled with infantile paralysis and couldn't walk.