Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This article about a sports figure is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Only the disciplined ones are free in life. If you are undisciplined you are a slave to your moods, you are a slave to your passions.
- Eliud Kipchoge (2018) cited in: "Eliud Kipchoge & David Bedford | Full Address and Q&A | Oxford Union" in Oxford Union, 5 January 2018.
- I felt a lot of pressure yesterday (11 October 2019). I received a lot of calls of encouragement from all over the world. The president of Kenya called me. When you receive so many calls from high-profile people, there is pressure.
- Eliud Kipchoge (2019) cited in: "Eliud Kipchoge makes history by running sub two-hour marathon" in The Guardian, 12 October 2019.
- I have tried, I am the first man to run (full marathon) under two hours to inspire many people, to tell people no human is limited.
- Eliud Kipchoge (2019) cited in: "Eliud Kipchoge runs sub two-hour marathon in 1:59:40, making history with first four-minute mile equivalent" in South China Morning Post, 12 October 2019.
- It has taken 65 years (after Roger Bannister) for a human being to make history in sport. I am the happiest man to run under two hours. I am here to inspire everyone that it can be done.
- Eliud Kipchoge (2019) cited in: "Kenya's Eliud Kipchoge finishes marathon in less than two hours" in Al Jazeera, 12 October 2019.
- It means a lot to Kenya, running under two hours, together we can make a beautiful world.
- Eliud Kipchoge (2019) cited in: "Eliud Kipchoge breaks two-hour marathon barrier in historic Ineos 1:59 challenge" in Independent, 12 October 2019.
- The law of nature cannot allow all human beings to think together. In breaking the two-hour barrier, I want to open minds to think that no human is limited. All our minds, all our thoughts are parallel. But I respect everybody's thoughts.
- Eliud Kipchoge (2019) cited in: "Kenya's Eliud Kipchoge smashes two-hour marathon barrier" in CNN, 12 October 2019.
- 100 percent of me is nothing compared to one percent of the whole team.
- Eliud Kipchoge (2019) cited in: "Kenya: Eliud Kipchoge's Huge Sacrifice for Humanity" in Daily Nation, 27 August 2019.