Eric Berne (May 10, 1910 – July 15, 1970) was an American psychiatrist and writer, best known as the creator of Transactional analysis, and as the author of Games People Play: the Psychology of Human Relations (1964).
- The moment a little boy is concerned with which is a jay and which is a sparrow, he can no longer see the birds or hear them sing.
- Each person designs his own life, freedom gives him the power to carry out his own designs, and power gives the freedom to interfere with the designs of others.
- What Do You Say After You Say Hello? (1973)
- A healthy person goes "Yes," "No," and "Whoopee!" An unhealthy person goes "Yes, but," "No, but," and "No whoopee."
- Quoted in They Shoot Managers, Don't They? by Terry L. Paulson, pg. 3
- No man is a hero to his wife's psychiatrist.
- Brief bio at ITAA