Evil Dead II
Evil Dead II (referred to in publicity materials as Evil Dead 2: Dead by Dawn) is a 1987 American horror/black comedy film about Ash Williams being stuck in a cabin out in the woods, and using a shotgun and chainsaw to fight to keep his very soul. It is the sequel to The Evil Dead.
- [Grappling with the possessed Linda's severed head.] Workshed.
- [Ash's hand gains a life of it's own.] You bastards. You dirty bastards. [sobs] Gimme back my hand... GIMME BACK MY HAND!
- [Ash stabs his possessed hand with a kitchen knife, pinning it to the floor.] That's right... who's laughing now? [grabs the chainsaw and revs it.] Who's laughing now? ARRRGHH!!! [cuts the hand off at the wrist.]
- Got you, didn't I, you little sucker!
- [when his sawn-off hand gives him the finger] Son of a...!
- [to his freshly sawn off possessed hand] Here's your new home. [He then places a bucket and a stack of books on it to trap the hand; the top book reads "A Farewell to Arms"]
- Old double-barrel here, blow your guts to Kingdom Come! [staggers backward, voice drops.] See if we don't!
- There's something out there. That... that witch in the cellar is only part of it. It lives... out in those woods, in the dark... something... something that's come back from the dead.
- Then let's head on down into that cellar and carve ourselves a witch.
- [upon gaining the chain saw in place of his lost right hand] Groovy.
- [being sucked in a vortex.] For God's sake! How do you stop it?
- Ash: So, what do you think, kid?
- Linda: I love it, Ash. [about to kiss] I feel funny about being here. What if the people who own this place come home?
- Ash: They're not going to come back. Even if they do, we'll tell them the car broke down or something.
- Linda: Yeah, with your car they'd believe it.
- Ash: Hey...what do you say we have some champagne, eh baby?
- Linda: [chuckles] Sure.
- Ash: After all, I'm a man, and you're a woman...at least, last time I checked.
- Annie: Excuse me. Excuse me. Is this the road to the Knowby cabin?
- Jake: That's right, but you ain't going there.
- Annie: And why not? [sees that the bridge is gone] There must be another way. There's gotta be a road or something.
- Bobby Joe: Sure ain't no road. Why the hell would you want to go up there for anyway? Huh?
- Annie: None of your business.
- Ash: [talking to mirror] I'm fine... I'm fine...
- [Bad Ash jumps out of the mirror and grabs Ash]
- Bad Ash: I don't think so. We just cut up our girlfriend with a chainsaw. Does that sound "fine"?
- Henrietta: (her decapitated head wobbling on the floor) Hey! I'll swallow your soul! I'll swallow your soul! I'll swallow your soul! I'll-- [Ash steps on Henrietta's head]
- Ash: [aims shotgun at her face] Swallow this. [shoots Henrietta's head]
- Linda: Even now we have your darling Linda's soul. She suffers in torment!
- Ash: You're going DOWN!
- Bobby Joe: [pointing to a room whose door opened by itself] It's in there...
- Ash: We'll all go in together.
- Jake: Hell no! You're the curious one!
- Bobby Joe: Honey...you're holding my hand too tight.
- Jake: (looks at her) Baby, I ain't holdin' your hand.
(Bobby Joe looks down at her hand, seeing Ash's possessed right hand gripping it. As she screams, the lantern breaks, and she's gone by the time another one's lit)
- Jake: (looking out a cabin window) We gotta go out there and find her.
- Ash: (looks up from the missing Necronomicon pages) If she's out in those woods, you can forget about it. [turns back to the pages, visibly shaken]]
- Annie: What's wrong?
- Ash: Felt like someone just walked over my grave. [points at one of the pages] What's that picture? What is that?
- Annie: In 1300 AD they called this man the... Hero from the Sky. He was prophesied to have destroyed the Evil.
- Ash: Didn't do a very good job... Can you find it?
- Annie: Here it is, two passages. Recitation of this first passage will make this dark spirit manifest itself in the flesh.
- Ash: Why the hell would we want to do that?
- The Sequel to The Ultimate Experience in Grueling Terror.
- Kiss Your Nerves Goodbye
- 2 Terrifying. 2 Frightening. 2 Much!
- Bruce Campbell — Ash Williams
- Sarah Berry — Annie Knowby
- Ted Raimi — Possessed Henrietta
- Denise Bixler - Linda