Fathers' Day (film)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Directed by Ivan Reitman. Written by Lowell Ganz and Babaloo Mandel. It is a remake of the 1983 French film Les Compères, written by Francis Veber.
The reason why some animals eat their young.taglines
- For years I've thought about killing myself. It's the only thing that kept me going.
- Jack Lawrence: This is the "wives of Christmas past" conversation.
- Carrie Lawrence: Would you leave Penelope and Talullah out of this?
- Jack Lawrence: Iris and Debbie.
- Carrie Lawrence: Whatever!
- Jack Lawrence: You're a tragic hero. You're Lou Gehrig.
- Dale Putley: Who?
- Jack Lawrence: Lou Gehrig. Everybody knows Lou Gehrig. The baseball player. He died of Lou Gehrig's Disease.
- Dale Putley: Wow, what are the odds on that?
- Dale Putley: How did you get her husband to talk?
- Jack Lawrence: I head-butted him.
- Dale Putley: How Joe Pesci of you. What are gonna do with her, run her through the Visa machine?
- Dale Putley: Jack, look at this.
- Jack Lawrence: It's money. I remember it from when I was single.
- Nikki: Well, Scotty, you're boring. I liked you for a while, but now I can't stand looking at you. Even your voice makes me sick.
- Dale Putley: That was lovely.
- Jack Lawrence: Yes, Hallmark is waiting for you.
- Rose: Where do you like to stay?
- Jack Lawrence: My house, but it's in Los Angeles.
- Jack Lawrence: What happened?
- Dale Putley: He poured hot coffee all over me. Took my clothes and he ran away.
- Jack Lawrence: Don't cry! Now where is he?
- Dale Putley: I don't know.
- Jack Lawrence: I don't like you.
- Dale Putley: Do you have a boyfriend?
- Woman with broken car: No!
- Dale Putley: Good! Me neither!
- Jack Lawrence: This kid is a major pain in the ass, he's just so young.
- Carrie Lawrence: You don't like anything that's annoying.
- Jack Lawrence: Who does?
- Carrie Lawrence: [serious] No, I mean that's a special thing for you.
- The reason why some animals eat their young.
- All she said was "My son is yours." Unfortunately, she said it to both of them.
- One kid. Two dads. A who done it.
- Robin Williams - Dale Putley
- Billy Crystal - Jack Lawrence
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus - Carrie Lawrence
- Nastassja Kinski - Collette Andrews
- Charlie Hofheimer - Scott Andrews
- Bruce Greenwood - Bob Andrews
- Charles Rocket - Russ Trainor
- Patti D'Arbanville - Shirley Trainor
- Jared Harris - Lee
- Louis Lombardi - Matt