Floyd Mayweather, Jr.
Floyd Mayweather Jr. (born February 24, 1977) is an American businessman and former professional boxer from the U.S. state of Michigan. Undefeated during his boxing career, The Ring magazine and most boxing experts considered him to be the best pound-for-pound boxer in the world during his tenure.
- Does he really want to step into the ring with best fighter of this era and embarrass himself? Being the coward that he is, I doubt he'll get in the ring. We'll see what his excuse will be this time.
- When I retire, I'll get Ricky Hatton to wash my clothes and cut my lawn and buckle my shoes.
- "I'm telling young kids that if Floyd Mayweather can make it, you can make it,"
- "I come from a very rough background, and I'm saying that if you work hard and dedicate yourself that you can make it, too."
- 37 had tried and 37 had failed.
- To Oscar de la Hoya building the prefight.
- He can have heart, he can hit harder and he can be stronger, but there's no fighter smarter than me.
Interview with Jim Gray (September 2015)
- Interview with Jim Gray (September 2015), ShowTime, Home Box Office.
- Anything can happen in the sport of boxing.
- I'm older and wiser. Just like fine wine, I get better with time.
- I'm a chess player; I play chess.
- Everything you've got to own costs money. Everything you do costs money. You can't take your wife on a date for free.
- Me? I'm loyal and honest, and I'm a good person. I call a spade a spade. Money doesn't make me; I make money. Without money, I'd be the same person.
- I'm always thinking, how can I get better?
About Floyd Mayweather
- "Of all the fighters today, I have to say that Mayweather reminds me most of me," Leonard told Irish boxing writer Brian Doogan in describing the incident. "The kid has every gift and physical attribute, but if he continues to be the kind of person he is, he'll never be one of us. He'll never make it."
- "Mayweather is as close to Sugar Ray Robinson as this generation will see. He doesn't have the single-punch KO power of Robinson, but he's just as sweet."
- "Oh Floyd Mayweather, Jr. My god! Ability like nobody’s business."
- Boxing Historian Herbert G. Goldman 
- "Floyd Mayweather is one of the few great fighters left who has it both offensively and defensively."
- Member of International Boxing Research Organization, Monte D. Cox 
- Floyd Mayweather junior Video, news, photos and more