For a Few Dollars More
Jump to navigation Jump to search
For a Few Dollars More is a 1965 spaghetti western which takes place after the events of A Fistful of Dollars. The Man With No Name returns and is forced to team with another bounty hunter, as they pursuit a wanted fugitive.
The man with no name is back.taglines
The Man With No Name (Manco)
- [holding the criminal "Red" Cavanaugh against a wall] Alive or dead, it's your choice.
- [to Col. Mortimer] When the chimes end, pick up your gun. Try and shoot me, Colonel. Just try.
- I plan to leave you.That way you can tell everyone what takes place here.
- Title card: Where life had no value, death, sometimes, had its price. That is why the bounty killers appeared.
- Old Prophet: I don't know him, I don't know him, I don't know him!
- Manco: Come on now, you know everybody.
- Old Prophet: Don't know anybody anymore! I'm dead! Understand? [Lifts his head from under the covers] Well, there was a time when I knew everybody. That was a long time ago, when all this was prairie. But lately everybody's in a hurry, with your damned good-for-nothing trains! [Mocks a train's wheels moving] Two two two three! [Spits] Disgusting! One day someone from the railroad comes here to see me and he says, 'Prophet, the railway's gonna go right past your house.' 'Ah, is that so?' I said. 'Mm-hm, yup that's right he says, 'All those trains gonna go right past here, and the best thing for you, Prophet, is to sell your land to the company or else we'll buy Baker's. He lives next to your place, and I'll put the tracks there, and that'll make you go crazy. What do you say, will you sell out to our company, Prophet?' "Oh, is that so?' says I. [Grins and chuckles] He was very anxious for me to sell out. You know what I told him about the railroad? You know what I told him he could do with his railroad? [laughs crazily as a train shoots by] You know what my decision about selling was?
- Manco: Well, you said no.
- Old Prophet: You're right about that! No to him and his damn trains! I wouldn't, no!
- Manco: Look, listen to me, you old man! You're supposed to be a prophet, and I didn't come here to listen to you rattle on about trains! I want to find out about this man, it's obvious you don't know anything.
- Old Prophet: [Angry] No need to be insulting! If that's all you came here to do, you can clear out of my house fast, before I lose my temper, understand?
- [Manco shrugs and gets up to the door]
- Old Prophet: Hey! Where you going, hm?
- Manco: [Turns around and smirks] I guess I better leave before you go and lose your temper!
- Wild: Well well, if it isn't the smoker. Well... Remember me, amigo?
- Col. Mortimer: M-Mm.
- Wild: 'Course you do. El Paso.
- Col. Mortimer: It's a small world.
- Wild: Yes, and very, very bad. Now come on, you light another match.
- Col. Mortimer: I generally smoke just after I eat. Why don't you come back in about ten minutes?
- Wild: Ten minutes you'll be smoking in hell. Get up!
- Col. Mortimer: [discussing strategy to defeat Indio] When two hunters go after the same prey, they usually end up shooting each other in the back. And we don't want to shoot each other in the back.
- Manco: [amused] And the Colonel dies...
- Col. Mortimer: One from the outside one from the inside. There's no other way. One of us will have to join Indio's gang.
- Manco: Why did you look at me when you said one of us?
- Col. Mortimer: Because they don't know you. Wild sees me and the sun will catch on fire.
- Manco: Tell me Colonel. How do you propose that I join up with Indio? Maybe bring him a bunch of roses.
- Nino: Slim. A change of plan. [he beckons Slim over]
- Slim: What is it Nino?
- Nino: Indio wants you to... [he stabs Slim and releases the prisoners] Here are your guns without bullets. And listen don't let Indio find you both around.
- [after losing a hand of poker]
- Red: I didn't hear what the bet was.
- Manco: Your life.
- Groggy: Indio calls and Groggy comes running.
- El Indio: And Sancho?
- Groggy: If you're waiting for Sancho I'll come back in another four years. He's in prison. No amore, no dinero, no sun.
- Manco: Tell me, Colonel... Were you ever young?
- Col. Mortimer: Yup. And just as reckless as you. Then one day, something happened. It made life very precious to me.
- Manco: What's that? Or is the question indiscreet?
- Col. Mortimer: No. The question isn't indiscreet. But the answer could be.
- Fernando: [Points] That's the bank! As soon as I get some money, I'll put it in.
- Manco: But you're gonna have to earn it first.
- Manco: [Examining Mortimer's gun] How can somebody in my business go around with a contraption like this?
- Col. Mortimer: That contraption almost sent you to your grave.
- Manco: Why this hotel and not some other?
- Fernando: You probably wouldn't that other place as much, signor. At that place you'd stay up half the night shooting cockroaches. At this hotel, the rooms will cost you so much less. And there's a landlady at this one, signor!
- Manco: Married?
- Fernando: Yes, but she doesn't care!
- Sheriff: [Hands Manco the reward money for Red Cavanaugh] Two thousand dollars. It's a lot of money. Takes me three years to earn it!
- Manco: Tell me, isn't the sheriff supposed to be courageous, loyal, and above all, honest?
- Sheriff: Yeah. That he is.
- Manco: [Pulls off sheriff's star and tosses it to the townspeople] I think you people need a new sheriff.
- Manco: Which way we headed?
- El Indio: North.
- Manco: North? Along Rio Bravo Canyon?
- El Indio: Why not?
- Manco: Seems like a pretty good place for an ambush to me.
- El Indio: You know a better way to go?
- Manco: Yeah, south.
- El Indio: Hm... ride to the border?
- El Indio: [about Agua Caliente] Yes, I have many friends here. It looks just like a morgue. But look out. It could be one so easily. They don't like strangers, huh?
- Groggy: No. They don't like anybody!
- Manco: You mind telling me how you got here?
- Col. Mortimer: I just reasoned it out. I figured you'd tell Indio to do just exactly the opposite of what we agreed, and he's suspicious enough to figure out something else. Since El Paso was out of the question, well, here I am!
- [Indio and his gang have been dispatched]
- Col. Mortimer: My boy, you've become rich.
- Manco: You mean we've become rich, old man.
- Col. Mortimer: No, it's all yours. I think you deserve it.
- Manco: What about our partnership?
- Col. Mortimer: [smiles] Maybe next time.
- Manco: [counting reward sums of outlaws he has just killed] Ten thousand... twelve thousand... fifteen... sixteen... seventeen... twenty-two. Twenty-two? [Groggy comes from behind, Manco turns and shoots him dead] ...Twenty-seven.
- Mortimer: Any trouble boy?
- Manco: No old man. Thought I was having trouble with my adding, it's all right now.
- The man with no name is back.
- The man with no name is back... The man in black is waiting! As if one wasn't enough . . . as if death needed a double!
- Clint Eastwood is back, and he's burning at both ends - if you can take it.
- The man with no name is back... The man in black is waiting... a walking arsenal - he uncoils, strikes and kills!
- Clint Eastwood - Manco (the "Man with No Name")
- Lee Van Cleef - Colonel Douglas Mortimer
- Gian Maria Volonté - El Indio ("The Indian")
- Mario Brega as Niño
- Luigi Pistilli as Groggy
- Aldo Sambrell as Cuchillo
- Klaus Kinski as Wild, the hunchback
- Benito Stefanelli - Hughie (a.k.a. Luke)
- Luis Rodríguez - Manuel
- Panos Papadopulos - Sancho Perez
- Joseph Egger - Old Prophet
- Lorenzo Robledo - Tomaso
- Sergio Mendizábal - Tucumcari's bank manager
- Tomás Blanco - Tucumcari's sheriff
- Dante Maggio - Carpenter in cell with El Indio
- Antoñito Ruiz - Fernando