Epic film is a style of film-making with large scale, sweeping scope and spectacle, often transporting the viewer to other settings. The usage of the term has shifted over time, sometimes designating a film genre and at other times simply synonymous with big budget film-making. Like epics in the classical literary sense it is often focused on a heroic character. An epic's ambitious nature helps to set it apart from other types of film such as the period piece or adventure film.
Pages in category "Epic films"
The following 95 pages are in this category, out of 95 total.
- The Last of the Mohicans (1992 film)
- The Last Temptation of Christ (film)
- Lawrence of Arabia (film)
- Legend (1985 film)
- The Leopard
- The Longest Day
- The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (film)
- The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (film)
- The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (film)
- Saving Private Ryan
- Scarface (1983 film)
- Schindler's List
- The Searchers
- The Seven Samurai
- Spartacus (film)
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope
- Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi