Noah (2014 film)
Noah is a 2014 American biblically inspired epic directed by Darren Aronofsky, written by Aronofsky and Ari Handel, and is loosely based on the story of Noah's Ark from the Book of Genesis. The film stars Russell Crowe as Noah, along with Jennifer Connelly, Ray Winstone, Emma Watson, Logan Lerman and Anthony Hopkins.
- A great flood is coming. The waters of the heavens will meet the waters of earth. We build a vessel to survive the storm. We build an ark.
- Fire consumes all. Water cleanses. It separates the foul from the pure. The wicked from the innocent. And that which sinks from that which rises. He destroys all, but only to start again.
- We broke the world. We did this. Everything that was good was shattered. This time there will be no men. If we were to enter the garden, we would only ruin it again. Mankind must end. Creation will be left alone, safe and beautiful.
- The Creator does not care what happens in this world. Nobody has heard from Him since He marked Cain. We are alone. Orphaned children, cursed to struggle by the sweat of our brow to survive. Damned if I don't do everything it takes to do just that. Damned if I don't take what I want.
- I am a man, made in your image. Why will you not converse with me? … I give life, I take life away, as YOU do. I am like you, am I not? Speak to me.
- I told you: I’m not afraid of miracles.
- The ark, the beasts, and all of your women are now mine. I will build a world in my image!
- The Creator formed us on the second day, the day He made the Heavens. We watched over Adam and Eve. Saw their frailty and their love. And then we saw their fall. And we pitied them. We were not stone then, but light. It was not our place to interfere. Yet we chose to try and help mankind. And when we disobeyed the Creator, He punished us. We were encrusted by your world. Rock and mud shackled our fiery glow. Still, we taught mankind all we knew of Creation. With our help, they rose from the dust, became great and mighty. But then they turned our gifts to violence. Only one man protected us: your grandfather Methuselah. We were hunted. Most of us killed. Those who lived were left prisoners in these stony shells, marooned upon this barren land. We begged the Creator to take us home. But He was always silent. And now you claim that you have heard His call. Samyaza cannot accept this. A man? When it is men who broke the world? But I look at you, and I see a glimmer of Adam again. The man I knew. The man I came to help.
- Tubal-cain: I have men at my back and you stand alone defy me?
- Noah: I am not alone.
- Ila: This is the end of everything.
- Noah: The beginning. The beginning of everything.
- Naameh: I have to know. Why did you spare them?
- Noah: I looked down at those two little girls and all I had in my heart was love.
- Naameh: Then why are you alone, Noah? Why are you separated to your family?
- Noah: Because I failed him, and I failed all of you.
- Naameh: Did you? He chose you for a reason, Noah. He showed you the wickedness of Man and knew you would not look away. And you saw goodness too. The choice was put in your hands because he put it there. He asked you to decide if we were worth saving. And you chose mercy. You chose love. He has given us a second chance. Be a father, be a grandfather. Help us to do better this time. Help us start again.
- Russell Crowe - Noah
- Jennifer Connelly - Naameh
- Ray Winstone - Tubal-cain
- Douglas Booth - Shem
- Emma Watson - Ila
- Logan Lerman - Ham
- Anthony Hopkins - Methuselah
- Leo McHugh Carroll - Japheth
- Frank Langella - Og