The Revenant (2015 film)
- Directed by Alejandro González Iñárritu. Written by Mark L. Smith and Alejandro González Iñárritu, based in part on the novel by Michael Punke.
- [to Hawk] As long as you can still grab a breath, you fight. You breathe... keep breathing.
- I ain't afraid to die anymore. I'd done it already.
- Revenge is in God's hands not mine.
- He's afraid. He knows how far I came for him. Same as that elk, when they get afraid they run deep in to the woods. I got him trapped, he just, He doesn't know it yet.
• God giveth, God taketh away.
• You came all this way just for your revenge, huh? Did you enjoy it, Glass?... 'Cause there ain't nothin' gon' bring your boy back.
• My pop, he weren't a religious man, you know? If you couldn't grow it, kill it, or eat it, he just plain old didn't believe in it, that was it. And this one time he head on up the old Saba hills... San Saba hills? He joined a couple Texas Ranger buddies of his to hunt you know? pretty routine, he done it like a hundred times before, should have been a three-day kill but, on the second day, it all went fucked. Somehow that night he lost his buddies, and to top it off, them Comanches went and took the horses so, he was starving and delirious... and he crawls up into this mott, this... this group of trees out in the middle of nowhere just sticking up in this ocean of scrub and he found religion. At that moment he told me... he found God. And it turns out that God... He's a squirrel. Yea. A big, old meaty one. "I found God" he used to say. "And while sitting there and basking in the glory and sublimity of mercy... I shot and ate that son of a bitch".
- Hikuc: My heart bleeds. But revenge is in the creator's hands.
- Hugh Glass' Wife: As long as you can still grab a breath, you fight. You breathe. Keep breathing. When there is a storm. And you stand in front of a tree. If you look at its branches, you swear it will fall. But if you watch the trunk, you will see its stability.
- Boone: Been so long eating this damn beaver meat, I'm actually starting to miss my wife's cooking.
- Stubby Bill: Shit, I'm actually startin' to miss your wife.
- Boone: Would you shut the hell
- John Fitzgerald: You're forgetting your place, boy.
- Hugh Glass: As far as I can tell, my place is right here on the smart end of this rifle.
- Hugh Glass: I told you to be invisible, son!
- Hawk: At least he...
- Hugh Glass: If you want to survive, keep your mouth shut!
- Hawk: At least he heard me.
- Hugh Glass: They don't hear your voice! They just see the color of your face. You understand? You understand?
- Hawk: Yes.
- Jones: Those pelts are stolen.
- Elk Dog: You all have stolen everything from us. Everything! The land. The animals.
- Andrew Henry: What happened?
- John Fitzgerald: We did what we had to do. He was buried right.
- Hugh Glass: All I had was my boy... but he took him from me, you understand? He's afraid. He knows how far I came for him. Same as that elk, when they get afraid they run deep in to the woods. I got him trapped. He just, he doesn't know it yet.
- Andrew Henry: How can you be so sure?
- Hugh Glass: 'Cause he's got everything to lose.
- Andrew Henry: Is it true you killed an officer?
- Hugh Glass: I just killed a man who was trying to kill my son.
- John Fitzgerald: We all know what happened out there.
- Hugh Glass: You killed my boy.
- John Fitzgerald: Or maybe you shoulda raised a man... instead of some girly little bitch.
- Blood lost. Life found.
- (n. One who has returned, as if from the dead.)
- Inspired by true events
- Leonardo DiCaprio - Hugh Glass
- Tom Hardy - John Fitzgerald
- Domhnall Gleeson - Captain Andrew Henry
- Will Poulter - Jim Bridger
- Forrest Goodluck - Hawk, Glass' son
- Isaiah Tootoosis - young Hawk
- Arthur RedCloud - Hikuc
- Grace Dove - Hugh Glass' Wife
- Paul Anderson - Anderson
- Brendan Fletcher - Fryman
- Kristoffer Joner - Murphy
- Melaw Nakehk'o - Powaqa
- Duane Howard - Elk Dog, father of Powaqa
- Brad Carter - Johnnie
- Lukas Haas - Jones