Jump to navigation Jump to search
- I could ride before I could walk.
- Senator, you have mistaken me for the kind of woman who drapes herself across your lap in Rome.
- Too many arrogant men who flatter you with their presence.
- Men killing each other for our amusement is not a sport.
- Is this the end of the world? Why would the gods let this happen?
- Now who's the poor bastard who has to die for my freedom?
- You were right, brother. Everything they promised, nothing but lies.
- [first lines] The Governor wants these trade routes re-opened. These rebel Celts need to be dealt with once and for all. This entire territory requires a clear and well-defined message.
- He would not dare!
- Show these cowards what happens when you dare to challenge the might of Rome.
- On further consideration, I have decided not to invest in your little city. [stabs Severus]
- This is suicide. Turn around! Back! [gets blocked by a massive crowd of civilians] Out of the way! Get out of the way!
- One thousand denarii to the man who brings me the head of that slave!
- By the patronage of Marcus Cassius Severus, and to the glory of Emperor Titus, remember, all here, the mighty victory of Senator Quintas Attius Corvus and his annihilation of the Celtic rebellion.
- The rebel Celts are in retreat, leaving rape and slaughter in their wake, returning to their unholy lair to feast on the flesh of their innocent victims.
- Quintas Attius Corvus gave them every chance to surrender, but mercy was an alien concept to these savages. And with heavy heart, Quintas Attius Corvus ordered his mighty legions, in the name of the Emperor, to attack!
- Atticus: It is the gods. They have a plan for us all.
- Milo: Perhaps.
- Atticus: What do you mean?
- Milo: Tonight, I saw the man who killed my family. Perhaps the gods spared me for a reason.
- Atticus: The Romans took my family from me, 20 years ago. At night, I try to remember their faces, but I cannot. But I know that one day, the gods will bring me back to them.
- Severus: I don't have time for this, Graecus; what are you suggesting? We cancel the games?
- Graecus: Of course not, merely postpone them.
- Severus: This amphitheatre has stood for a hundred years. It withstood the great earthquake.
- Graecus: It may not be safe. Use your eyes. I'm just saying, I cannot be held responsible for what may happen.
- Severus: Then don't be. I take full responsibility. How can we expect Rome to trust us to rebuild an entire city, if we can't stage a simple bloody spectacle?
- Milo: This isn't a battle.
- Atticus: What?
- Milo: This is a massacre,
- Atticus: How do you know?
- Milo: Because I was there.
- Cassia: Is this what you call sport?
- Corvus: No, Lady Cassia, this is not sport, this is politics.
- Milo: I know you.
- Proculus: Really? Well, whatever revenge you think you're going to have, I'm afraid you'll be disappointed.
- Proculus: You're brave, I'll give you that. But no savage could ever be the match of a Roman.
- Milo: How about 20 of us?
- Atticus: Where are you going?
- Milo: I have to find her.
- Atticus: Milo, this is madness! We have to get to the harbour and find a boat; the mountain is going to kill us all!
- Milo: She risked her life for me, Atticus, risked everything for me! Without her, they would have killed us in that arena!
- Atticus: Then we'll go together.
- Milo: No. You have your freedom, my friend. Now, she is mine.
- Atticus: Then we'll meet at the harbour.
- [Following a duel, Proculus wounds Atticus.]
- Proculus: A barbarian does not die...the equal of a Roman.
- [turns to go, but Atticus grabs his hand, breaks the blade and points it towards him]
- Atticus: Let's see...if a Roman can die...the equal of a gladiator.
- [grabs Proculus' neck and pushes the blade towards it]
- Proculus: Please. Please.
- Atticus: Gladiators...do...not...beg!
- [stabs Proculus]
- [after Cassia chains Corvus to a building, giving Milo a chance to kill him]
- Corvus: WAIT, WAIT, WAIT! WHO ARE YOU TO DO THIS TO ME? I AM SENATOR QUINTAS ATTIUS CORVUS!
- Milo: And what is that worth? Senator Quintas Attius Corvus? You killed my family, you slaughtered my people and make no mistake, my gods are coming for you.
- [leaves with Cassia, as a pyroclastic surge emerges from Mount Vesuvius]
- No warning. No escape.
- A City will Fall. A Hero will Rise.
- Kit Harrington - Milo
- Emily Browning - Cassia Severa
- Kiefer Sutherland - Senator Quintus Attius Corvus
- Carrie-Anne Moss - Aurelia
- Jared Harris - Marcus Cassius Severus
- Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje - Atticus
- Jessica Lucas - Ariadne
- Joe Pingue - Graecus
- Currie Graham - Bellator
- Sasha Roiz - Marcus Proculus
- Dalmar Abuzeid - Felix