Kong: Skull Island
Jump to navigation Jump to search
All Hail the King (taglines)
- An uncharted island? Let me list all the ways you're going to die. Rain, heat, mud, disease-carrying flies and mosquitos. Sure, you could load up on the atabrine for the malaria, but what about the other bacteria? And we haven't even started on the things that want to eat you alive.
- You came here looking for a tracker. Who or what am I tracking?
- I guess no man comes home from war. Not really.
- We're going to save Kong.
- Kong was just defending his territory.
- All this, and for what?
- (Points a gun at Bill Randa) You are going to tell me everything that I should know... or I'm gonna blow your head off.
- Men! What you are looking at is a monster from some bygone era!
- It's time to show Kong that man is king!
- Ah, you were in the shit. I respect that. But it's people like you that lost us support back home.
- I am the cavalry.
- Camera's way more dangerous than a gun. And we didn't lose the war. We abandoned it.
- Remember the tale of Icarus, whose father gave him wax wings to fly. But he flew too close to the sun, and his wings melted, and he fell into the sea. But our wings are not made of wax, but Pennsylvania steel, guaranteed not to melt.
- You set this plan into motion when you put this place on the map. And I will not cut and run. I know an enemy when I see it.
- Before we leave this island, we are going to bring that ape down.
- This is one war we are not going to lose!
- We are soldiers! We do the dirty work, so our families and our countrymen don't have to be afraid! They shouldn't even know a thing like this exists!
- Bitch please!
- Die, you motherfu-- [Last words before being crushed to death by Kong]
- This planet doesn't belong to us. Ancient species owned this earth long before mankind. I spent 30 years trying to prove the truth: monsters exist.
- Send the cavalry.
- (Upon seeing Kong's blood-stained handprint on the side of a mountain.) Magnificent.
- (Last words before being devoured by a Skullcrawler.) Oh shit...
- Anti-war photographer.
- You're not actually going to blame the people without guns for losing the war, are you?
- The right photo can shape opinions.
- I don't know how to answer that question right now.
- We don't belong here.
- This is a bad idea.
- The world is bigger than this.
- Sometimes, an enemy doesn't exist till you go looking for one.
- Yeah. That was an unconventional encounter.
- Kong's a pretty good king. Keeps to himself, mostly. This is his home. We're just guests here. But you don't go into someone's house and start dropping bombs unless you're picking a fight.
- "Cold War"? Did we take the summers off?
- Hank Marlow: Kong's God on the island, but the devils live below us.
- James Conrad: And what are they called?
- Hank Marlow: The Iwis won't speak their name. But I call them Skullcrawlers.
- James Conrad: Why?
- Hank Marlow: 'Cause it sounds neat.
- James Conrad: …Okay.
- Hank Marlow: Look, I just made that name up. I'm trying to scare you!
- Mason Weaver: I'm fine calling them that. [to Conrad] Are you cool with that? I like the name, so I think...
- James Conrad: Yeah, that seems like... a great name.
- Hank Marlow: I've never said that name out loud before, it sounds stupid now that I say it. Just... you call them whatever you want. They're big lizard things. Nasty. They come from the vents, deep down. That's why Kong got so mad. Those bombs woke up a bunch of them. I tell you what, you're lucky he's out there too, or you would not have made it this far. Crafty bastards, mean as hell. He can handle them, as long as he gets to them when they're still small. But you don't wanna wake up the Big One.
- San Lin: How big is it?
- Hank Marlow: It's bigger. It wiped out his whole family. Kong's the last of his kind, but he's still growing. And you better hope he does, because the Iwis say once Kong goes... then the Big One comes up. And it's goodnight, Irene!
- All Hail the King
- Awaken the King
- We Don't Belong Here
- Tom Hiddleston — James Conrad
- Samuel L. Jackson — Preston Packard
- John Goodman — William "Bill" Randa
- Brie Larson — Mason Weaver
- Jing Tian — San Lin
- Toby Kebbell — Jack Chapman
- John Ortiz — Victor Nieves
- Corey Hawkins — Houston Brooks
- Jason Mitchell — Glenn Mills
- Shea Whigham — Earl Cole
- Thomas Mann — Reg Slivko
- Eugene Cordero — Reles
- Terry Notary — King Kong
- John C. Reilly — Hank Marlow
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|