The Passion of the Christ
The Passion of the Christ is a 2004 film is a depiction of the last twelve hours in the life of Jesus of Nazareth, on the day of his crucifixion in Jerusalem. Directed by Mel Gibson. Written by Mel Gibson and Benedict Fitzgerald . The film was in a foreign language. This is what they are saying in English
- I am the good shepherd. I lay down my life for my sheep. No one takes my life from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have power to lay it down and the power to take it up again. This command is from my Father.
- Peter, you could not watch even one hour with me?
- Take this and drink. This is my blood, spilled for you and for many. Do this in memory of me.
- Judas, you betray the Son of Man with a kiss?
- My heart is ready, Father, my heart is ready.
- Forgive them, Father. They know not what they do.
- It is accomplished!
- “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your countryman and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward is there in that?
- (last lines) Father, into your hands I commend my spirit.
- Satan: Do you really believe that one man can bear the full burden of sin?
- Jesus: Shelter me, O Lord, I trust in you. In you I take my refuge.
- Satan: No one man can carry this burden, I tell you. It is far too heavy. Saving their souls is too costly. No one. Ever. No. Never.
- Jesus: Father, you can do all things. If it is possible, let this chalice pass from me... But let your will be done, not mine.
- Satan: Who is your father? Who are you?
- Caiphas: They say you're a king. Where is this kingdom of yours? What line of kings do you descend from? Speak up! You're just the son of some obscure carpenter, no? Some say you're Elijah, but he was carried off to Heaven in a chariot! Why don't you say something? You've been brought here as a blasphemer! What do you say to that? Defend yourself.
- Jesus: I have spoken openly to everyone. I've taught in the temple where we all gathered. Ask those who have heard what I have to say.
- Temple Guard: Is that how you address the high Priest? With arrogance? [strikes Jesus]
- Jesus: If I have spoken evil, tell me what evil I have said. But if not, why do you hit me?
- Annas: Yes, we'll listen to those that have heard your blashpemies. Good! Let's hear them!
- Accuser: He cures the sick by magic! With the help of devils! I've seen it. He casts out devils, with the help of devils.
- Accuser: He calls himself the king of the Jews!
- Accuser: No, he calls himself the Son of God! He said he would destroy the temple and rebuild it in three days!
- Accuser: Worse! He claims he's the Bread of Life! And if we don't eat his flesh or drink his blood, we won't inherit eternal life.
- Caiphas: Silence! You're all under this man's spell. Either offer proof of his wrongdoing or be quiet!
- Nicodemus: This entire proceeding is an outrage. All I've heard from these "witnesses" is mindless contradiction!