Dune (2021 film)
Dune (titled onscreen as Dune: Part One) is a 2021 American epic science fiction film directed by Denis Villeneuve with a screenplay by Jon Spaihts, Villeneuve, and Eric Roth. It is the first of a planned two-part adaptation of the 1965 novel of the same name by Frank Herbert, primarily covering the first half of the book.
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Dreams are messages from the deep.
- Introductory placard
- Your grandfather said "A great man doesn't seek to lead; he is called to it — and he answers." And if your answer is no, you'd still be the only thing I ever needed you to be: my son.
- Duke Leto Atreides
- I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
- Lady Jessica Atreides
- Like sifting sand through a screen, we sift people. If you had been unable to control your impulses, like an animal, we could not let you live. You inherit too much power.
- Gaius Helen Mohiam
- My father came, not for spice, not for the riches, but for the strength of your people. My road leads into the desert. I can see it. If you'll have us, we will come.
- The Emperor sent us to this place. And my father came, not for spice, not for the riches, but for the strength of your people. My road leads into the desert. I can see it. If you'll have us, we will come.
- This is an extermination.
- They're picking my family off one by one.
- My planet Arrakis is so beautiful when the sun is low. Rolling over the sands, you can see the spice in the air. At nightfall the spice harvesters land. The outsiders race against time to avoid the heat of the day. They ravage our lands in front of our eyes. Their cruelty to my people is all I've known.
- What's to become of our world, Paul?
- This is only the beginning.
- Dreams make good stories, but everything important happens when we're awake.
- Let's fight like demons.
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen
- I said I would not harm them. And I shall not. But Arrakis is Arrakis. And the desert takes the weak. My desert. My Arrakis. My Dune.
- Kill them all.
- For hundreds of years, we've traded blood for blood. But no more. Your son is dead. Your concubine is dead. Tonight the House of Atreides falls. And your bloodline ends forever.
- Gaius Helen Mohiam: You've proven you can rule yourself. Now you must learn to rule others, something none of your ancestors learnt.
- Paul Atreides: My father rules an entire planet.
- Gaius Helen Mohiam: He's losing it.
- Paul Atreides: He's getting a richer one.
- Gaius Helen Mohiam: He'll lose that one too.
- It Begins.
- Timothée Chalamet as Paul Atreides
- Rebecca Ferguson as Lady Jessica
- Oscar Isaac as Duke Leo Atreides
- Josh Brolin as Gurney Halleck
- Stellan Skarsgård as Baron Vladimir Harkonnen
- Dave Bautista as Glossu Rabban
- Stephen McKinley Henderson as Thufir Hawat
- Zendaya as Chani
- David Dastmalchian as Piter De Vries
- Chang Chen as Dr. Wellington Yueh
- Sharon Duncan-Brewster as Dr. Liet-Kynes
- Charlotte Rampling as Gaius Helen Mohiam
- Jason Momoa as Duncan Idaho
- Javier Bardem as Stilgar
- Babs Olusanmokun as Jamis
- Benjamin Clementine as Herald of the Change
- Golda Rosheuvel as Shadout Mapes
- Roger Yuan as Lieutenant Lanville