King of Kings (1961 film)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Power - The Passion - The Greatness - The Glory (taglines)
- Salome: [to John the Baptist] Yes, we do live in a very wicked world. [sarcastically] You frighten me, you angry man!
- Herod Antipas: Salome, come back!
- Salome: This beast amuses me. Make him dance! On a bed of hot coals.
- Herodias: It were better to cut his vicious tongue from its roots.
- John the Baptist: Woman, is not your cup of abominations full enough?
- Herodias: How dare to say that to my face? Get down on your knees and beg my forgiveness!
- John the Baptist: You, woman? Who has given herself the captains of Assyria? To the young men of Egypt? Who has deserted her first husband's bed, to live in incestuous lust with his brother?
- Salome: Is there blood in your veins? Or, poison?
- Narrator: And when the tomb was found empty, some days passed, and Christ was seen at Emmaus, and in Jerusalem, and those who saw Him knew He was the Lord God. And then a final time He came among His disciples by the shore of Galilee...
- Jesus: [offscreen] Do you know and love Me? Feed My sheep, for My sheep are in all the nations. Go you into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature who hungers. I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.
- The Power - The Passion - The Greatness - The Glory
- The most exciting human drama the screen has ever told. A story of the Christ, His life, His deeds, the inspiration of His spoken words.
- Of good and evil, of love and hate, of peace and war.
- A Story of The Christ. The Glory of His Spoken Words.
- Jeffrey Hunter — Jesus
- Siobhán McKenna — Mary
- Robert Ryan — John the Baptist
- Ron Randell — Lucius
- Hurd Hatfield — Pontius Pilate
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|