(Redirected from Fought)
Combat or fighting is a purposeful violent conflict meant to weaken, or establish dominance over the opposition, or to kill the opposition, or drive the opposition away from a location where it is not wanted or needed.
- We're gonna fight
We know who's right
Time to unite
We're having our say
(Me and you)
Oppressed us long
They've done us wrong
You stand up tall
The futures ours
Me and you
We're gonna fight the narrow minds
Make are own rules
Live your life at all
- While God created Adam, who was alone, He said, 'It is not good for man to be alone. He also created a woman, from the earth, as He had created Adam himself, and called her Lilith. Adam and Lilith immediately began to fight. She said, 'I will not lie below,' and he said, 'I will not lie beneath you, but only on top. For you are fit only to be in the bottom position, while I am to be the superior one.' Lilith responded, 'We are equal to each other inasmuch as we were both created from the earth.' But they would not listen to one another. When Lilith saw this, she pronounced the Ineffable Name and flew away into the air.
- Every struggle is like mud - there are always some lotus seeds waiting to sprout.
- Amit Ray Nonviolence: The Transforming Power" (2012)
- When one must fight, one had better do it without hesitation, according to his own nature.
- Fausto Cercignani, as quoted in Quotes We Cherish : Quotations from Fausto Cercignani (2013), p. 11.
- On the wide and silent plain, darkening the bright daylight, she turns midday into darkness. People look upon each other in anger, they look for combat. Their shouting disturbs the plain, it weighs on the pasture and the waste land. Her howling is like Ickur's and makes the flesh of all the lands tremble. No one can oppose her murderous battle -- who rivals her? No one can look at her fierce fighting, the carnage, the ....... Engulfing (?) water, raging, sweeping over the earth, she leaves nothing behind. The mistress, a breaking plough opening hard ground, ....... The braggarts do not lift their necks, ....... Her great heart performs her bidding, the mistress who alone fashions (?) ....... Exalted in the assembly, she occupies the seat of honour, ...... to the right and left.
- You did not break me
I'm still fighting for peace
- We fought him hard we fought him well
Out on the plains we gave him hell
But many came too much for Cree
Oh will we ever be set free?
- Riding through dust clouds and barren wastes
Galloping hard on the plains
Chasing the redskins back to their holes
Fighting them at their own game
Murder for freedom the stab in the back
Women and children are cowards attack
Run to the hills, run for your lives.
- I gave you the ability to choose your own path in life, and I hoped the world would allow you to choose a peaceful one. But now it seems that you are destined to fight.
- It is nothing so trivial as revenge. A fight to the death with you. Only in that can my soul find respite. I will kill you or you will kill me... it makes no difference.
- Get up, stand up: stand up for your rights!
Get up, stand up: don't give up the fight!
- So long as you were limited to fighting among yourselves -- with your primitive tanks and planes -- we were unconcerned. But soon you will apply atomic energy to space ships -- and then you become a threat to the peace and security of other planets. That, of course, we cannot tolerate.
- One doesn't fight only when one is optimistic. One fights because it is the right thing to do.
- Superman: I’m here to fight for truth, and justice, and the American way.
- Lois Lane: You’re gonna end up fighting every elected official in this country!
- Elisa Maza: You have to quit! He's using you!
- Derek Maza: It's my life! Butt out!
- Goliath: QUIET! Both of you! You don't know how lucky you are to have siblings to fight with! All of my rookery brothers are dead! And there is nothing - NOTHING more important than family.
- Gargoyles, Her Brother's Keeper written by Michael Reaves
- Aggressive fighting for the right is the noblest sport the world affords.
- Theodore Roosevelt, saying. Gifford Pinchot, "Roosevelt as President" in State Papers as Governor and President, 1899–1909 (vol. 15 of The Works of Theodore Roosevelt, national ed.), p. xxxiii (1926). Pinchot commented, "There are few sayings of his that hold for me so much of him as this".
- The essence of combat is to strike at the vulnerabilities of one's opponent. There is no "fair" or "unfair".
- Every challenge along the way
With courage I will face
I will battle every day
To claim my rightful place
Come with me, the time is right
There's no better team
Arm in arm we'll win the fight
It's always been our dream
- There are plenty of good reasons for fighting … but no good reason ever to hate without reservation.
Hoyt's New Cyclopedia Of Practical Quotations
- Quotes reported in Hoyt's New Cyclopedia Of Practical Quotations (1922), p. 841-60.
- Fighting men are the city’s fortress.
- Alcaeus of Mytilene, Fragment, XXII.
- For those that fly may fight again,
Which he can never do that’s slain.
- Butler Samuel, Hudibras, Pt. III, Canto III, l. 243-44.
- For bragging time was over and fighting time was come.
- Newbolt Henry, Hawke, l. 7, in: Collected Poems 1897-1907 (1910).
- He which hath no stomach to this fight,
Let him depart; his passport shall be made.
- Shakespeare William, Henry V, Act IV, Sc. 3, l. 35.