Ganapathy Sachchidananda Swamiji
Sri Ganapathi Sachchidananda Swamiji (born May 26, 1942) is a spiritual leader and pontiff of Avadhoota Dattapeetham, Mysore, India. Sri Swamiji teaches that there are many paths to reach God and practices chanting holy names.
- Sacred Mother has given us these four as blessing.
The Universe needs Her Grace. These three energies are needed now. There could be Fear of FIRE , WATER, FEAR OF PREJUDICES AND HATRED AND OF MOTHER EARTH.
- Perform Vishnu smaranam in Shiva temples and Shiva smaranam in Vishnu temples. Without fail, all those who have gathered here today remember these. The world is full of troubles.
- శరీరానికి భోజనం ఎంత ముఖ్యమో ఆత్మకి భజన అంతే ముఖ్యం
- It is of primary importance to attune with God through prayer, worship and the chanting of God's holy names … Then God Himself will give you good guidance.
- As quoted at the Introductory page of Datta Peetham.
Christmas · Datta Jayanti (1996)
- This year Christmas and Datta Jayanti have come together. To understand the subtle relation between the two, we have to observe the history of the festival of Christmas. When Lord Christ was born, the writing down of date and other birth details was not so developed as it is now (in those times there were no facilities for such record keeping). But still, upon coming to know that Christ was born, three wise men from the east came to see him. The position of a star helped them to find their way to the birthplace of Christ. The stars we decorate the Christmas tree represent that star which helped the wise men from the east. But these three wise men also did not record the birth date of Christ. Thus nobody exactly knows the exact date of birth of Christ.
- Jupiter is the biggest planet in our solar system. That is why it is called as 'Guru Graham' in Sanskrit. It is this planet which is related to the intellect of humans. That is why it is called as Guru.
- The three wise men from the east recognised this planetary importance in the birth of Jesus Christ. Perhaps these wise men saw Dattatreya in baby Jesus. That is how the date December 25 was finalised. It is said in Datta Purana (mythology) that Dattatreya appears as child, Unmatta etc.
In those days the three wise men from the east recognised the power of Jesus. This day the wise men from the west are experiencing Jesus in Datta Peetham. For the men of reality the concept of east and west are just lines in the air.
Understanding the above may not be possible in just one reading. Read it several times and you will understand the underlying and profound concept. Swamiji has seen in a Church in Basel, Switzerland Jesus with three heads like Dattatreya. This potentiates the above statements.
Let us understand the above and from now onwards let us correlate Datta Jayanti and Christmas in our hearts and experience the unified divine power.
- Online text at Yoga Sangeeta, this is also one of his more widely quoted addresses on most sites associated with Swamiji.
- Oh Man, being exalted in humanity, may you be triumphant here and in heaven.
Oh! Friend! May your love spread everywhere and may you develop the feeling "everyone is dear to me." May you shine with grand inner quintessence and effulgence. Develop faith in the righteous path that is gentle and devoid of contamination.
As a result, may auspiciousness come to you from everywhere.
Let not religion, country or caste divide you.
May you develop inclination towards the Absolute Reality.
- O Friend! Don't even speak of war. Get rid of atomic weapons.
Become immortal with the help of the treasure of camaraderie. Practice control over the senses, compassion and charity in your heart and in your actions.
By doing so, the humanity in you will rise even above divinity. Worship Lord Dattatreya, who is Bahudhari (one who possesses many aspects or one who is of the form of the tune 'Bahudhari'), the One who bestows auspiciousness and peace.
Experience Truth, Knowledge and Bliss and become exalted.
- The almighty being praised in the Holy Bible, the Holy Koran, and the Holy Bhagavata is one and the same. We are all one. Flowers are many, but Puja is one. Cows are many, but milk is one. Languages are many, but feeling is one. All great men have preached the same message. These saints, noble and enlightened persons have been guiding us. They always say, "Take any religion, the fundamental essence is the same. All religions urge us to follow Dharma, to always speak the truth and not to torment others. The Almighty has given us this wonderful human birth. To whichever religion you are born, be in that religion and strive to become a better person. Become a more religious person. If you are a Christian, become a better Christian. If you are a Muslim, become a better Muslim. If you are a Hindu, become a better Hindu.