Grand Theft Auto IV
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- War is where the young and stupid are tricked by the old and bitter into killing each other. I was very young, and very angry.
- There is no such thing as a new beginning, Roman. With every day we live, we pick up new baggage, baggage that we must carry with us for the rest of our lives. There's no dropping it and pretending we are fresh and clean just because we got off a boat.
- You're a strange man. You killed your best friend. You betrayed everyone who ever came in contact with you. You killed my cousin. I guess... the survival of the fittest thing really meant a lot to you.
- Argh... I was someone you know? I made it: I changed the game!
- I took this shit to the next level. Cats like you just can't accept that.
- I was an example to all the kids man... You can't take that away from me!
- Boy, it's good fe spend some quality time wit de I, seen? Not all work, work, work y'know? We got to ease up from time to time, to see how the world turns, you know what I'm saying?
- The world can mess you up y'know? Make you tink that tings matter, when all that matter is that the sun come up and we have good time and laughter and ting, seen?
- This town is startin' to make me angry; angry and alone. And broke. Man, it's expensive to live here! Time for some commercials to refill the coffers. I've got a yoga bill like a motherfucker!
- Hey, hey, you gotta listen to me, you gotta hear me, are you listening? It's not real man! It's a lie, it's all lies. The government lies to us. They put robots in the drinking water, they put spies in the toilets - to watch us! You think it's a joke, the joke's on you, they're killing you! You are being harvested by a marketing machine! You're not free, you're slaves! Freedom is a lie! They use drugs to control you, they did it to me for a long time. You need love! I need you, you need me, I love you! Love me back!
- [Niko and Patrick are driving to a fish market for a huge shipment.]
- Patrick: The triads are expecting something and it smells fishy.
- Niko: The fish market smells fishy?
- Patrick: Shit man, I keep forgetting that you're not from here. Something "smelling fishy" means that it ain't quite right. So the shipment smelling fishy means that it ain't going to be what they say it is.
- Niko: But if it's going to the fish market, they must be saying that it's fish.
- Patrick: So?
- Niko: So if it's going to be what they say it is, then it's going to smell fishy anyways.
- Patrick: Shut the fuck up! You think you're a right fucking comedian, don't ya? Learn the damn language!
- Niko: You remember me?
- Darko: [translated] Leave me alone. I don't know you. I don't know you.
- Niko: Yes you do. I'm the one... who survived.
- Darko: Niko... hello.
- Niko: [translated] Just tell me why.
- Darko: [translated] Why?
- Niko: [translated] We were friends. We were all friends. We all grew up together... Dmitar, Dragan, Goran, Mijo... should I go on and name them all?
- Darko: We were friends, but I had other friends. Friends that Goran and his guys killed. My fucking neighbors! Because of what? Because of shit. Lies. Fucking lies.
- Niko: So that makes it okay. To stab your friends in the back?
- Darko: When everything you believe is shown to be shit, you make strange choices, I guess.
- Niko: Fuck you! Strange choices? How much?
- Darko: [laughing] A thousand.
- Niko: You killed my friends for one thousand dollars?
- Darko: How much do you charge to kill someone?
- Niko: You ruined me, you fuck!
- Darko: I needed the money... I had problems.
- Niko: You're a fucking junkie.
- Darko: Kill me, then! You fucking hypocrite. Trust me, you'll be doing me a favor.
- Roman: Niko - come on, let's go. Let him suffer... he knows what he did. He doesn't look like he enjoys life too much. Come on.
About Grand Theft Auto IV
- What does the American dream mean today? For Niko Bellic fresh off the boat from Europe, it is the hope he can escape his past. For his cousin, Roman, it is the vision that together they can find fortune in Liberty City, gateway to the land of opportunity. As they slip into debt and get dragged into a criminal underworld by a series if shysters, thieves and sociopaths, they discover that the reality is very different from the dream in a city that worships money and status, and is heaven for those who have them and a living nightmare for those who don't.
- Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto IV, (2008).