Grand Theft Auto IV
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Niko Bellic: War is where the young and stupid are tricked by the old and bitter into killing each other.
- Niko Bellic: There is no such thing as a new beginning, Roman. With every day we live, we pick up new baggage, baggage that we must carry with us for the rest of our lives. There's no dropping it and pretending we are fresh and clean just because we got off a boat.
- Niko Bellic: The only thing I owe you is a bullet through the temple. You will be paid in full, fear not.
- Niko Bellic: X marks the spot!
- Iggy Pop: This town is startin' to make me angry; angry and alone. And broke. Man, it's expensive to live here! Time for some commercials to refill the coffers. I've got a yoga bill like a motherfucker!
- Street Preacher: Hey, hey, you gotta listen to me, you gotta hear me, are you listening? It's not real man! It's a lie, it's all lies. The government lies to us. They put robots in the drinking water, they put spies in the toilets - to watch us! You think it's a joke, the joke's on you, they're killing you! You are being harvested by a marketing machine! You're not free, you're slaves! Freedom is a lie! They use drugs to control you, they did it to me for a long time. You need love! I need you, you need me, I love you! Love me back!
- Argh... I was someone you know? I made it: i changed the game!
- I took this shit to the next level. Cats like you just can't accept that.
- I was an example to all the kids man... You can't take that away from me!
- Boy, it's good fe spend some quality time wit de I, seen? Not all work, work, work y'know? We got to ease up from time to time, to see how the world turns, you know what I'm saying?
- The world can mess you up y'know? Make you tink that tings matter, when all that matter is that the sun come up and we have good time and laughter and ting, seen?
- [Niko and Patrick are driving to a fish market for a huge shipment.]
- Patrick: The triads are expecting something and it smells fishy.
- Niko: The fish market smells fishy?
- Patrick: Shit man, I keep forgetting that you're not from here. Something "smelling fishy" means that it ain't quite right. So the shipment smelling fishy means that it ain't going to be what they say it is.
- Niko: But if it's going to the fish market, they must be saying that it's fish.
- Patrick: So?
- Niko: So if it's going to be what they say it is, then it's going to smell fishy anyways.
- Patrick: Shut the fuck up! You think you're a right fucking comedian, don't ya? Learn the damn language!
About Grand Theft Auto IV
- What does the American dream mean today? For Niko Bellic fresh off the boat from Europe, it is the hope he can escape his past. For his cousin, Roman, it is the vision that together they can find fortune in Liberty City, gateway to the land of opportunity. As they slip into debt and get dragged into a criminal underworld by a series of shysters, thieves and sociopaths, they discover that the reality is very different from the dream in a city that worships money and status, and is heaven for those who have them and a living nightmare for those who don't.
- Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto IV, (2008).