Jump to navigation Jump to search
- In love, no one can harm anyone else; we are each of us responsible for our own feelings and cannot blame someone else for what we feel.
- You made me cry,
when you said goodbye
Ain't that a shame
My tears fell like rain
Ain't that a shame
You're the one to blame
- The genuine scientist is not moved by praise or blame.
- Albert Einstein, as quoted in Einstein and the Poet: In Search of the Cosmic Man (1983) by William Hermanns, p. 66. From a series of meetings Hermanns had with Einstein in 1930, 1943, 1948, and 1954, during which he took notes on what Einstein said (though it's unclear if he recorded the exact phrasing or filled in words from memory).
- ὢ πόποι, οἷον δή νυ θεοὺς βροτοὶ αἰτιόωνται.
ἐξ ἡμέων γάρ φασι κάκ' ἔμμεναι· οἱ δὲ καὶ αὐτοὶ
σφῇσιν ἀτασθαλίῃσιν ὑπὲρ μόρον ἄλγε' ἔχουσιν.
- If we find fault with others
We ourselves are also in the wrong.
When other people are in the wrong, we should ignore it,
For it is wrong for us to find fault.
By getting rid of the habit of fault-finding
We cut off a source of defilement.
- Love responsibility. Say: "It is my duty, and mine alone, to save the earth. If it is not saved, then I alone am to blame.
Love each man according to his contribution in the struggle. Do not seek friends; seek comrades-in-arms.
- Now there's no point in placing the blame
And you should know I'd suffer the same
- If your daily life seems poor, do not blame it; blame yourself, tell yourself that you are not poet enough to call forth its riches.
- Rainer Maria Rilke (Date of death)
- When bad fortune occurs, the unresourceful, unimaginative man looks about him to attach the blame to someone else.
- Blame is when the reasons behind conflict, the order of events, are not allowed to be addressed, where the understanding that could reveal how both parties contribute is blatantly denied. For me, it is not the understanding itself that is the blame; it’s what fills the void left by refusal to understand.
- I have seen enough to know that blame does not come in neatly packaged parcels.
- There is a luxury in self-reproach. When we blame ouselves we feel that no one else has the right to blame us.