Grey’s Anatomy (Season 14)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Grey's Anatomy (2005-) is a primetime television medical drama, airing on ABC, that follows Meredith Grey, a first-year surgical intern at the beginning of the drama, and her fellow interns as they struggle to become doctors.
Break Down The House [14.1]
- Meredith: [voice over] The painful irony for doctors, is that we often have to make you sicker in order to heal you. If a bone has unevenly, we have to re-break it. If a scar is too thick, we have to scrape it off, and create a new wound. We break you down to rebuild you.
- Amelia: My husband's sister came back from the dead and my brother didn't, so sleep is not really my thing now.
- Alex: You think you’re gonna handle it?
- Jo: Handle it? I’m a freaking WARRIOR QUEEN!
- Amelia: I’m not a big believer in inoperable. God, yes. Unicorns, possibly. Inoperable, no.
- Jackson: Then start hunting unicorns. Your chances are better.
- Amelia: You don’t hunt unicorns? What’s the matter with you?
- Meredith: [voice over] We go to medical school because we want to learn how to fix what’s broken. But we quickly learn we have to make things worse before we make things better. It’s risky, and it’s frightening for surgeons, and for patients, but it’s usually worth it. You get a second chance at life, and we get to be the architects at your second chance. It’s a win-win… when it works.
Get Off on the Pain [14.2]
- Meredith: [voice over]: There’s a saying we hear a lot around hospitals… that goes like this – “Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.” But I doubt the person who coined it ever went through major surgery. Or maybe they didn’t mean physical pain. Maybe they meant the other kind, the worse kind. Maybe they meant the kind of searing, seething, boiling pain that tells you you’re a failure and a fraud. “Suffering is optional.” That person didn’t know what the…they were talking about.
- Meredith: When I slept with George, it had everything to do with Derek.
- Alex: I still can’t believe you did that.
- Meredith: Okay, we are too old to be having this conversation.
- Meredith: [to Jo] If you want to be a shark, be a shark. Don’t apologize for it.
- Bailey: [to Jo] Karev is a puppy dog. And he wouldn’t hurt a fly. Unless he thought that fly was hurting you.
- Bailey: I don’t want to stuff my feet into these shoes. When Webber became chief, he did not have to fiddle around on sticks all day. When Hunt became chief, he did not have to squeeze five toes into a space built for two. But I became chief and I can’t wear my perfectly comfortable surgical clogs anymore. Any you know why?
- Ben: Society?
- Bailey: S...Society.
- Meredith: [voice over] As surgeons, we try to eliminate pain. As humans, we just try like hell to avoid it. When we can’t avoid pain, we try to understand it… with pithy little quotes that we can wrap our head around… like “Suffering is optional,” or “Time heals all wounds,” and my personal favorite, “Every pain has a purpose.” God, I hope that one’s true.
Go Big or Go Home [14.3]
- Meredith: What is all this stuff?
- Zola: You’re gonna have to talk to Alex.
- Meredith: You’re perfect. And Alex is wrong. And mommy needs a minute
- Maggie: [to Zola] She’s still grumpy, huh?
- Miranda: This is not every department head! I said every department head. [to Maggie] Pierce, where’s Shepherd?
- Maggie: I haven’t seen her all morning.
- Miranda: And Grey?
- Alex: You don’t want her mood here.
Ain’t That a Kick in the Head [14.4]
- Amelia: [to Meredith, April, Alex, Maggie, and Owen] I don’t know what’s me and what’s tumor talking, but, um... in this moment, I love you people tremendously.
Danger Zone [14.5]
- Megan: [on the phone with Jordan] Just help Nathan get everything ready and you won’t even notice the time.
- Nathan: [in the background] Aah! Son of a-
- Jordan: Doubt it.
- Megan: This is my sweet boy.
Come on Down to My Boat, Baby [14.6]
- Jo: Okay, um, so, what would you do now if you were me?
- Meredith: Oh. I would, um, be proud of myself.
- Jo: Okay, that’s not what I was-
- Meredith: I’m proud of you, Wilson.
- Jo: Okay
- Richard: Um, is everything alright, Dr. Wilson?
- Jo: Dr. Grey is creeping me out!
Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story [14.7]
- Meredith: [to Alex] Look who’s calling! Cristina!
Out of Nowhere [14.8]
- Schmitt: [to Meredith] Thanks for calling me Schmitt. Because, sometimes, you call me Glasses. I wish we could change it to “Specs.” Specs sounds way cooler than Glasses. Or look at me now. What about Blood Bank? Blood Bank is awesome!
- Jo: [in the mirror] I am your Chief Resident. What does that mean? It means that I am your chief. Your boss, your commander, your overlord, your queen. It means when I speak, you listen. And when you make mistakes, of reflects on me. So no mistakes! [to Alex] Was it good? Was it scary?
- Alex: Very. Very scary.
- Jo: Really?
- Alex: No.
- Jo: What? Didn’t I sound like Bailey? I was trying to sound like Bailey!
- Alex: [chuckles] Oh, no.
- Helm: [to Jo] Dr. Karev said I had to find you and bring you to him. And I’m not allowed to leave you alone.
Personal Jesus [14.10]
- April: He played me? That’s what you’re saying? Dr. Webber played me?
- Owen: I said nothing of the sort. But yes. And now I’m gonna go over there.
(Don’t Fear) the Reaper [14.11]
- Maggie: She’s my mom. Miranda Bailey is my mom.
- Nurse: [to Richard] You’re her husband?
- Richard: No, but she’s [Maggie] my daughter.
- Maggie: He’s married to my mom, Miranda Bailey.
Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger [14.12]
- Owen: Every day, I compete with death, and more often than not- I win.
- April: Okay, G.I. Joe.
- Amelia: I’ve got five viability studies going. I need to know if I should start making panic-based decisions.
- Alex: Five? I don’t even have one.
- Meredith: You don’t?
- Alex: What’s yours?
- Meredith: Shut up
You Really Got a Hold on Me [14.13]
- Meredith: And what are you not going to do?
- Helm: Not find you.
- Meredith: Or?
- Helm and Jo: Mention this to Kepner.
- Meredith: Correct.
- Helm: Secret club!
- Jo: Oh, my God.
Games People Play [14.14]
- Meredith: So who’s in charge of the patient?
- Helm: His daughter. That’s who you’re meeting with today.
- Meredith: What do we know about the daughter?
- Helm: I can't find anything online, but you look amazing in that dress.
- Meredith: Excuse me?
Old Scars, Future Hearts [14.15]
- Maggie: I’m just- I’m a little distracted today.
- Meredith: You just buttered the kitchen towel and your shirt is on inside out.
- Maggie: What?
- Jo: I always thought that there was something wrong with me. And I always wanted to run, until I met you. You’re so screwed up that you make me make sense. You and me, we just fit. And I don’t want to leave you, Alex. I want a great big giant career, but I never want to go anywhere without you.
Caught Somewhere in Time [14.16]
- April: All right, people are dying. It is your job to save their lives.
- Schmitt: What are the rules?
- April: This is real life, Blood Bank. In a harsh and uncaring world, the only rule is there are no rules. People are bleeding! People are dying! Go! Go! Go! Why aren’t you moving? Let’s go!
One Day Like This [14.17]
Hold Back The River [14.18]
- Doctor: I have to say how refreshing it is to have a couple come in together.
- Arizona: It’s just we’re... we’re really close. Right, honey?
- Owen: Hmmm.
Beautiful Dreamer [14.19]
- Meredith: Hey, I need you to postpone this morning’s colectomy. And Helm, I need a favor.
- Helm: You didn’t call me Hellmouth. What’s wrong? Who died?
Judgment Day [14.20]
- Meredith: The cookies had marijuana in them.
- Jackson, Arizona, April, Maggie, and Andrew: WHAT?!
- Meredith: Yes, I didn’t want to scare you.
- Jackson: So you went with rat poison?
- Arizona: You scared me to death!
- Jo: You knew they had weed in them.
- Arizona: Right. Yeah. I-I forgot.
- Jackson: Hey. We can make a better vagina, you know? I’m gonna go back. That sounds wrong. Vaginas are terrific the way they are. Honestly, I love ‘em, you know. Um, I came from one, so this one, hers, actually. Hey, ma.
- Catherine: That’s not what the script says.
- April: What? Oh, my god.
- Maggie: Where’s the liver? I lost the liver! Have you seen it? It’s... it’s liver shaped.
- April: I always wanted a Harper Avery. I had a Jackson Avery. It’s not the same thing.
- Meredith: [to April and Miranda] What’s happening?
- Miranda: We’re having a funeral.
- Meredith: Whose?
- Miranda: Harper Avery. Harper Averies. The end of an era.
Bad Reputation [14.21]
- Zola: [about Andrew] How come Maggie’s friend never has to take a bath but we do?
- Meredith: Because he’s... European.
- Zola: Is it hard to learn to play guitar?
- Meredith: Apparently yes.
- Zola: I can’t understand what he’s singing.
- Meredith: Let’s be thankful for that.
- Amelia: I guessed the mom flaked. You don’t have to worry about that.
- Owen: Dr. Shepherd, this is Betty, Leo’s mom.
- Amelia: Oh! Betty, goodness. Hi. It’s nice to meet you. [mouths to Owen] Awkward.
- Amelia: And you have to come with me to meetings.
- Betty: She’s so bossy.
- Owen: Oh, yeah.
Fight For Your Mind [14.22]
- Arizona: Sofia stole the money so that she could buy a plane ticket to New York. And she didn’t want to tell me because she didn’t want to hurt my feelings.
- April: She said that?
- Arizona: No, I read it in her diary. I picked the stupid lock.
Cold As Ice [14.23]
- Meredith: [voiceover] In Japan, when a piece of pottery breaks, some potters fill the cracks with gold. The potters, they see the repairs as something beautiful. They know that the unexpected happens. Change happens. They know that nobody gets through this world in one piece. That doesn't have to diminish us. The cracks are part of our history, they will always be with us. They made us better, they made us stronger, they made us something new.
All of Me [14.24]
- Meredith: [voiceover] A recent study found that marriage has actual health benefits. Married people live longer, have fewer strokes, and fewer heart attacks than people who are single. Scientific or not I find that study incredibly irritating. Happily, there are other studies that tell us the real truth about the health benefits of marriage, which is that the benefits have nothing to do with marriage at all. Because those studies have shown that staying in an unhappy marriage is the worst thing you can do for your health and for your children. So better health is a direct result of healthy relationships. You don’t need a spouse, you just need someone you can trust, you need someone you can talk to, you need someone who will celebrate your wins and grieve your losses, you need someone who can forgive you, you need someone who will show, no questions asked and walk with you through every unexpected twists and turns life throws your way.
- Ellen Pompeo - Meredith Grey
- Justin Chambers - Alex Karev
- Sandra Oh - Cristina Yang
- Chandra Wilson - Miranda Bailey
- James Pickens, Jr. - Richard Webber
- Patrick Dempsey - Derek Shepherd
- Sara Ramírez - Callie Torres
- Chyler Leigh - Lexie Grey
- Kevin McKidd - Owen Hunt
- Jessica Capshaw - Arizona Robbins
- Jesse Williams - Jackson Avery
- Sarah Drew - April Kepner
- Caterina Scorsone - Amelia Shepherd
- Martin Henderson - Nathan Riggs
- Camilla Luddington - Jo Wilson
- Jerrika Hinton - Stephanie Edwards
- Kelly McCreary - Maggie Pierce
- Geena Davis - Nicole Herman