Hare Trimmed is a 1953 Warner Bros. Merrie Melodies short directed by Friz Freleng and written by Warren Foster. The short was released on June 20, 1953, and features Bugs Bunny, Yosemite Sam and Granny. In the short, Yosemite Sam hears that Granny has inherited fifty million dollars. Good guy Bugs tries to save Granny from Sam's clutches.
This cartoon was featured in The Looney Looney Looney Bugs Bunny Movie, but with new animation showing Sam getting killed by the falling safe and ending up in Hell.
- [last lines] Boo-Hoo-Hoo! Always a bridesmaid but never a bride! Oh, Boo-Hoo-Hoo!
- [As Bugs disguised as Granny toss some stuff down] That dame's taken everything, but, the kitchen sink. [the kitchen sink as well] Don't forget the money, Emmy! [the safe gets thrown down and it crushes Sam]
- Bugs Bunny: [preparing to duel with Sam] En garde?
- Yosemite Sam: I'm ready!
- Bugs Bunny: [Sam starts taking his steps while Bugs counts] One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, nine and a half, nine and three quarters, nine and three sixteenths, eleven sixteenths, twelve sixteenths, ten!
- [a bus runs over Sam]
- Bugs Bunny: Yep, he's right on time.
- Yosemite Sam: [lying dazed in the middle of the street] Ooh... what a night.
- [Bugs, dressed as Granny, comes up to Yosemite Sam with a tray full of coffee supplies]
- Bugs Bunny: One or two lumps?
- Yosemite Sam: Make it two.
- Bugs Bunny: Two? Okay.
- [Bugs takes a mallet and delivers two lumps to Sam's noggin with it]
- Bugs Bunny: One, two.
- [He then runs off, giggling]